Strange, freaky night

Strange, freaky night

D. Fisher
D. Fisher

August 16th, 2011, 5:28 pm #1

Decided to go to an area I had not been to since last November due to lack of activity.
I took David and my youngest son with me. They set up to fish while I prowled the woods. I followed what I thought were older trails to a couple of bedding areas.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
One bedding location had a well used trail that required quad travel to use. So I went quad where needed.
[/IMG]
This trail led right to the water.
[/IMG]
In the water was this print.
[/IMG]
I saw about 15 to 20 buzzards across the river about 100 yards or so down from me going to town on something the brush and brambles were to thick for me to go any further to see what they were munching on.

Along about 19:30 I put David fishing by the tree line. For some reason he seems to attract monsters, I had hid a recorder in that area inside the tree line that he didnt know about. I was using a directional Bionic ear since my hearing is shot. At about 20:45 David asked if I can hear something doing a poor imitation of an owl. I didnt here it. For some reason he was getting real nervous. At about 21:00 David says Did you here something hit the side of that trash can? I didnt here that either. About 20 minutes later he gets up and moves all his fishing stuff by me, I asked him why he moved he said "I'm not setting over there anymore. Up to this point I havent heard a thing and thinking the night was going to be a bust.
I walked over to where he had been and was adjusting my head phones and broke out in goosebumps from head to toe, its 97 degrees, I'm thinking whats going on with me? When I glanced back up I can only describe what appeared to be a haystack take a side step to the right, into denser cover not five foot from me.
I was shocked as I never heard a thing. I went over to David got a flash light, told him to get the camera ready. The thing had stepped behind a large drooping limb. I walked over to the limb, still had sweaty goosebumps reached out grabbed the large limb and jerked it back to expose nothing.
Went into the tree line never saw a thing.

August 16th, 2011, 5:56 pm #2

I especially like using your son for bait...LOL...a true Monster Hunter...

D. Fisher
D. Fisher

August 16th, 2011, 8:26 pm #3

Go to a likely spot look for fresh sign, put out bait and let the monsters come to you.
A lot easier than trying to chase one down......lol

DonDon
DonDon

August 16th, 2011, 9:21 pm #4

Must be nice to have your very own version of Rick at your command hehe. Great report man and KNOW all about those goose pimples. Suckers will put em on ya and fast

August 16th, 2011, 11:00 pm #5

In your estimation how big was the track?...

D. Fisher
D. Fisher

August 16th, 2011, 11:09 pm #6

Looked to be 13 to 14 inches.
Listened to the recorder audio inside the tree line and you can here footfalls being placed real carefull coming towards the recorder this happens about 20 min before David evacuates his post.
Will tranquilize him next time to keep him in place longer.
Whatever it was I saw side step was close enough to reach out and touch him.
He likes to fish enough to pay the price.

D. Fisher
D. Fisher

August 16th, 2011, 11:13 pm #7

Must be nice to have your very own version of Rick at your command hehe. Great report man and KNOW all about those goose pimples. Suckers will put em on ya and fast
Pretty good situations and have never had that happen before. I had know idea anything was anywhere near us. I was completely caught off guard, which worries me.

August 16th, 2011, 11:50 pm #8

Looked to be 13 to 14 inches.
Listened to the recorder audio inside the tree line and you can here footfalls being placed real carefull coming towards the recorder this happens about 20 min before David evacuates his post.
Will tranquilize him next time to keep him in place longer.
Whatever it was I saw side step was close enough to reach out and touch him.
He likes to fish enough to pay the price.
Tie David to a tree without him having any sharp instruments...

August 16th, 2011, 11:52 pm #9

Pretty good situations and have never had that happen before. I had know idea anything was anywhere near us. I was completely caught off guard, which worries me.
and you scared him off...I do know the feeling of not knowing anything was near me...happened to me one night in South East TX. when I went to relieve myself...pucker factor for sure...

Crispy
Crispy

August 17th, 2011, 2:27 am #10

Great report!

I like the idea of tying him to a tree....LOL