Stabilized footage of Yazoo City tornado

Stabilized footage of Yazoo City tornado

M.K.Davis
M.K.Davis

April 30th, 2010, 1:59 am #1

I stabilized the footage and boosted the contrast. I sampled every fifth frame, to compress time. the only skips are when I zoomed in or turned the camera away. The funnel at times was over a 1 3/4 mile wide, which is a record in Mississippi. M.K.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

April 30th, 2010, 1:02 pm #2

But that is an awesome piece of footage...

DonDon
DonDon

April 30th, 2010, 2:22 pm #3

I stabilized the footage and boosted the contrast. I sampled every fifth frame, to compress time. the only skips are when I zoomed in or turned the camera away. The funnel at times was over a 1 3/4 mile wide, which is a record in Mississippi. M.K.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Just glad you're OK MK

CoastalMike
CoastalMike

April 30th, 2010, 3:01 pm #4

glad you're still alive, MK.

J
J

May 1st, 2010, 12:57 am #5

Very good, it shows the rotation.

M.K.Davis
M.K.Davis

May 1st, 2010, 5:05 pm #6

Here is a view looking up Broadway hill. The twister is just on the other side of the hill crest. M.K.
[/IMG]

May 1st, 2010, 6:58 pm #7

or a power line sparking or transformer exploding?...and it looks clear back to the left of the tornado...I do know we have some weird weather here in the south...

M.K.Davis
M.K.Davis

May 1st, 2010, 8:55 pm #8

That is the headlights of a oncoming car, whom I'm sure is glad to have made it that far. M.K.

May 1st, 2010, 9:47 pm #9

At least he's traveling in the right direction...