Something to ponder...

Something to ponder...

January 2nd, 2012, 7:04 pm #1

Many reports of Monsters from eight to ten feet in height...where would they or how could they stay hidden?...and BTW...the Monsters are not only nocturnal...sure, like most wild animals, they hunt and travel at night away from our prying eyes but many reported sightings are during day light hours...

Something I've always considered would be some type of cave or holes in a creek or river embankment but after looking in these areas, especially creek beds, I haven't found any sign of entry or exit from any of these various holes...some of these holes are large enough for me to crawl in and hide but yet no Monster sign...

I, like most, have seen many suspected bedding areas but I haven't seen definite sign, good clear tracks, leading in or out of suspected bedding areas...scuff marks yes but not any good tracks...

What are your thoughts or what have you found...

woodswatcher
woodswatcher

January 2nd, 2012, 7:58 pm #2

big, big rocks, caves, naturally occuring rock ledges with cover.

I've seen some big ones, one even bigger than 10ft and they have all been close to rock formations of some sort in my area.

these rocky ravines and boulders provide everything they need.

January 2nd, 2012, 10:15 pm #3

We're flatlanders...few caves, no large rocks or boulders that I'm aware of...quite a few run offs and creek beds with thickets...rivers on both sides within thirty or forty miles...quite a few large and smaller lakes...hunters and fishermen everywhere along with the timber companies mowing pine trees like I mow my grass...

Anyone else have any ideas?...

Surveyor
Surveyor

January 2nd, 2012, 11:59 pm #4

finding the bedding area of one in a bad thicket. He thought it was where hogs bedded down or something. He was still there when the BF came home. I can't remember all that happened, but he barely escaped with his life. The hunt was on a military reservation, and the thicket is now part of a tank range or something similar.

I would go with the thicket theory myself. When timber cutting, controlled burning, bad storms, or hurricanes change the landscape, I think they just change their bedding areas and adapt just like deer, bears, and other large mammals. Along those lines, I think we can look at the kinds of areas that bears den in here in the South and consider them as well.

woodswatcher
woodswatcher

January 3rd, 2012, 7:22 am #5

We're flatlanders...few caves, no large rocks or boulders that I'm aware of...quite a few run offs and creek beds with thickets...rivers on both sides within thirty or forty miles...quite a few large and smaller lakes...hunters and fishermen everywhere along with the timber companies mowing pine trees like I mow my grass...

Anyone else have any ideas?...
any type of terrain change from what i have seen. always follow water.

Photos
Photos

January 3rd, 2012, 4:55 pm #6

Many reports of Monsters from eight to ten feet in height...where would they or how could they stay hidden?...and BTW...the Monsters are not only nocturnal...sure, like most wild animals, they hunt and travel at night away from our prying eyes but many reported sightings are during day light hours...

Something I've always considered would be some type of cave or holes in a creek or river embankment but after looking in these areas, especially creek beds, I haven't found any sign of entry or exit from any of these various holes...some of these holes are large enough for me to crawl in and hide but yet no Monster sign...

I, like most, have seen many suspected bedding areas but I haven't seen definite sign, good clear tracks, leading in or out of suspected bedding areas...scuff marks yes but not any good tracks...

I have only ever found one bed is small sticks in a damp ravine between ridges of sand. Baby tracks and mama tracks both. Once the rains stopped and the baby grew it was abandoned. I have flushed them out of patched of ragweed 10 feet high, where they were napping but never found their lair. I never found anything in caves or abandoned tunnels.

Nellie
Nellie

January 3rd, 2012, 6:52 pm #7

Hey MH, how about old abandoned sheds or buildings and vehicles? I have read numerous reports of monsters using them. I'm sure a lot of those country folk have just such things on their property.

Squatchman
Squatchman

January 3rd, 2012, 7:28 pm #8

Been out to a North Texas lake and I do think they hunker down in the reeds during the day.

January 3rd, 2012, 8:08 pm #9

Hey MH, how about old abandoned sheds or buildings and vehicles? I have read numerous reports of monsters using them. I'm sure a lot of those country folk have just such things on their property.
Good answer Nellie...I have heard tales of Monsters using old abandoned homes and as a matter of fact...years before I saw a Monster my brother-in-law and I were scouting around before deer season...we stumbled up on an old shack...door was down, windows were broken with green vines growing through them...we walked inside and it had a stench that would gag a maggot off of a gut wagon...thinking back I'm sure I thought buzzard roost but we didn't see any buzzard feathers or their crap...unusual but I wasn't thinking Monster...

That hunting season, near this old building, I put up several wooden stands about 14 to 16 ft. tall...one early morning climbing into the stand I saw what I thought was horse hair about six to seven feet from the ground stuck in the nailed steps...didn't think anything about it...

Over the years I have checked the insides of some old buildings and trailers...nothing looked Monster IMO...

January 3rd, 2012, 8:11 pm #10

Been out to a North Texas lake and I do think they hunker down in the reeds during the day.
Next time you're up that way check and see if these suspected bedding areas have ample sun light and possibly a wind break...I have an area with a suspected bedding area...tall grass is matted down...plenty of sunshine during the colder months and protected from the north wind...