Something of interest...believe it or not kind of interest...,

Something of interest...believe it or not kind of interest...,

July 17th, 2012, 10:15 pm #1

Over the years I have heard tale of Monsters coming around close to humans...in both cases the Monsters didn't want these folks looking them in the face because they knew they were scary ugly...

These tales are about ten years apart without either party knowing the other and in different states...

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

July 18th, 2012, 12:16 pm #2

How did the witnesses know the BFs intention was to hide their ugly mugs? Body language? Psychic message?

How close were the encounters? It seems BFs hide their faces (like peeking) anyway.

I read somewhere/sometime that people/animals are kind of hard-wired to notice eyes/facial features (primarily eyes, if I recall correctly) as some kind of self-preservation early warning system - so hiding a face makes sense.

On a side note: Do Native stories ever touch upon "ugliness"? I always hear/read that the Native tribes respected BFs and described basic features (size, color, etc.). Have never heard anything like, "BF looks like the south end of a north-bound buffalo" - LOL

-Mike in NC

July 18th, 2012, 3:09 pm #3

One person had the Monster come up on her open carport when she went outside to smoke...according to the tale the male Monster would come up and stroke her hair...when she turned to look him in the face the Monster would turn away not making any eye contact...she saw the back of his head only...

Second was a person who apparently had a conversation with a female that, according to the tale, told her she was butt ugly therefor wouldn't let her see its face...

Just reporting what I've been told 2nd hand...I haven't met any of the above...do I believe this...no I don't but I didn't believe in Bigfoot some twenty years back either...strange things can and have happened...I do know for fact Monsters would come watch the ladies drink coffee with pictures to prove it...

woodswatcher
woodswatcher

July 18th, 2012, 4:51 pm #4

one idea to think about when the topic of them turning away comes up is to think about the possibility of them knowing they are more camoflauged when the hairy side is facing out.

the other they may realize that any looking at an animal will cause uneasiness. for instance, when I have deer close I never look at the head. only the shoulder or butt end. eye to eye contact will cause freeze and flight to kick in.

Versatile
Versatile

July 18th, 2012, 8:00 pm #5

Over the years I have heard tale of Monsters coming around close to humans...in both cases the Monsters didn't want these folks looking them in the face because they knew they were scary ugly...

These tales are about ten years apart without either party knowing the other and in different states...
Compare the turn away to a Wolf or Coyote laying on the ground in submission to the other pack members.

woodswatcher
woodswatcher

July 18th, 2012, 10:10 pm #6

I don't think submission is anywhere in the pack order of human interaction. I always got the feeling that it was a IF I CAN'T SEE THEM, THEY CAN'T SEE ME. like a little kid game. but, if that alpha male ever gets close, I'll role him over on his back and rub his belly. LoL unless, he tells me about his plight of looking hidious wanting an extreme makeover and a salon perm.

now, it would not surprise me one bit if they did the submissive head turn when dealing with each other. In fact that is probably the norm. this also makes me wonder the age of the monkee that might make a contact like MH is talking about.

if it is a younger one, that would be believable- up to the speaking to the human about it's physical traits.

good thoughts on the subject.

RubyRed
RubyRed

July 18th, 2012, 10:42 pm #7

How did the witnesses know the BFs intention was to hide their ugly mugs? Body language? Psychic message?

How close were the encounters? It seems BFs hide their faces (like peeking) anyway.

I read somewhere/sometime that people/animals are kind of hard-wired to notice eyes/facial features (primarily eyes, if I recall correctly) as some kind of self-preservation early warning system - so hiding a face makes sense.

On a side note: Do Native stories ever touch upon "ugliness"? I always hear/read that the Native tribes respected BFs and described basic features (size, color, etc.). Have never heard anything like, "BF looks like the south end of a north-bound buffalo" - LOL

-Mike in NC
reading in the account of a Native American family (the Chapmans) that had a BF walk up to her children, that the mother covered her children with a sheet and that none of them looked the big hairy creature heading toward them, in the face. When asked, I recall Mrs. Chapman saying it was bad luck to even see one of these creatures, let alone look it in the face. Her husband came to their home, after she fled, and found a barrel of fish was disturbed. As I remember, two of those children drowned/died not too long after the encounter as did both Chapman adults.

Please correct me, IF I've gotten anything wrong.