Something I have

Something I have

MissippiMike
MissippiMike

July 19th, 2011, 1:56 am #1

been thinking about lately. If they follow, hang out, hunt, fish along rivers and waterways, I could possibly have some relatively close to me. Whadya think DON? And the rest too, but Don lives pretty close to me. I live less than a mile from a bend of the Pearl River, which can get pretty wild and wooly in certain parts. Might be worth me checkin out and see from time to time if anything looks suspicious down there. Is darned close to me!

DonDon
DonDon

July 19th, 2011, 2:12 pm #2

and I do believe they follow rivers but I think the Pearl down this way has to large a flood plain for them to stay on it. We do have one report from it back when the Rez was being built. The Yoconookany River though, That's a really good river. Check out the reports on here from Attala county. That's right on the Yock River. It follows trhe Natchez Trace all the way of to around Louisville and I've done a good bit of research in the Yoconookany game reserve up near Ethel. Great area but if you go, be careful of the BEARS. Check out these pics of Tracks I found down in the river as I waded around.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

I Also found this Impression back on an old logging road in the same area. No idea what it was but it was HUGE. That's Nessa's foot we used for a scale reference.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

July 19th, 2011, 2:49 pm #3

Don does get out and snoop around...proud...proud of you my man and thanks for sharing...

July 19th, 2011, 2:53 pm #4

We do get quite a few reports from MS...if I lived in the area I'd be on those reports like a mouse hound on a rat...when we get reports from Louisiana or East TX. they're usually several hundred miles away...but every now and then...yeah I get a good one...

DonDon
DonDon

July 19th, 2011, 3:53 pm #5

don't mean I ain't out there checking tings out. MOST of what I've been checking out has been dead ends. What gets old is folks that give their number then when you call, no one answers the phone or their emails. I've had quite a few of those in the last 2 years. Promise ya that if I get something good, you guys will be the first to know about it. Not sure but supposed to go out this weekend IF my truck gets out of the shop. It died on me last night on the way home from Taekwondo class. Just hope it's only the fuel pump and nothing worse

July 19th, 2011, 5:13 pm #6

Beat the bushes with a long stick and scare yourself up a Monster...

DonDon
DonDon

July 19th, 2011, 5:32 pm #7

my trucks good to go. Dang ethonol clogged up my Fuel filter and burned up the pump.

SAsquatcher
SAsquatcher

July 20th, 2011, 11:08 am #8

When they mounted the fuel pump on the side of your motor and it ran off of a lobe on the cam and replacing it required taking off 2 hoses and 2 bolts and 1 gasket.
AHHHH for the good old days!

DonDon
DonDon

July 20th, 2011, 1:03 pm #9

When he told me $650 for the Part I about choked. Needless to say, I sho am glads a friend of mine owns a NAPA, I got the part for $250. It kinda scared me though when I dropped off the part, they have to take the bed of the truck aloose nowadays to get to the pump cause it's INSIDE the fuel tank.

EasTexSteve
EasTexSteve

July 21st, 2011, 2:32 am #10

Make sure that you can't just drop the tank out from below and change the pump. Most trucks are like that. I've never seen one where you have to take the bed off.