Show

Show

J
J

April 22nd, 2011, 5:01 am #1

I hope everyone enjoyed the interview with Lone Wolf. We had some tech issues, first no video from LW then the audio issue. We were about 45 minutes late but the show did go on. LOL

I felt I was off my game due to the issues but I think I pulled it off. hehehe

I'm also installing a "ban" feature in the chat room so the control operator can ban guests that act up. This is a G rated show and kids watch and participate. Of course when you open a door to a chat room people seems to lose their manners. Anyway, that will be fixed for future shows.

Other than the tech issues I thought it went well. The audio in the last show was too hot and i think we got it near perfect for this one. Little by little we will get it all worked out. :-D
J

April 22nd, 2011, 12:56 pm #2

A little technical problem that was ironed out, which is understandable, but after the dead battery issue the program was flawless...Your guest, Lone Wolf, did an excellent job...BTW...I did hear the noise LW heard...

I did enjoy and look forward to other programs...Live from MS the Jay Mike Show...

Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf

April 22nd, 2011, 2:22 pm #3

I hope everyone enjoyed the interview with Lone Wolf. We had some tech issues, first no video from LW then the audio issue. We were about 45 minutes late but the show did go on. LOL

I felt I was off my game due to the issues but I think I pulled it off. hehehe

I'm also installing a "ban" feature in the chat room so the control operator can ban guests that act up. This is a G rated show and kids watch and participate. Of course when you open a door to a chat room people seems to lose their manners. Anyway, that will be fixed for future shows.

Other than the tech issues I thought it went well. The audio in the last show was too hot and i think we got it near perfect for this one. Little by little we will get it all worked out. :-D
J
J- last nights show was fun once we got going.
A lot of interesting talking points.
I need to use a better lighting system next time, I look sunburned on the video, lol.
I watched the show this morning and the audio picked up the 2 knocks on the window at the 1:24:38 mark of the show.

Funny that there was a noise at that window as my large barbecue backs up to that space which would make it very difficult for a human to knock on that window, which by the way is in a locked secured side yard.

The 2 knocks were very loud and deliberate on my end. Strange.....

Thank you to all who watched and participated in last nights show.

LW

April 22nd, 2011, 2:33 pm #4

I think the chat room should be closed during the interview then opened for questions...I didn't pay a lot of attention to the chat room but it seemed a few were more interested in visiting then listening to the program...

J
J

April 22nd, 2011, 4:57 pm #5

We kept it open so people could comment and ask questions during the interview and we would have a few ready when the Q&A started. Probably better to close it till time to take questions.
I'm looking into a way to have phone callers. We have cell phones here and no land line, so I'm looking for a internet type phone to use for callers. I don't want to give out my cell number. I think i found something that will work.

After the show I checked that battery. It was completely dead. Strange thing is it was almost new and only had been used on one test a few days ago when I opened it. At the start of the show, when LW had the video issue it was showing "good" on the mixer. Which is why i didn't suspect it when we went on the air.

When LW called we got his video feed but it was all black. There was video coming in but the screen was black. I've had callers who's video either clipped or looked pixalated or whatever, but never an all black screen. It was like the lights were off or there was something blocking the video. Usually Skype will simply not connect if there is an issue. That was weird.

Then the audio problem which turned out to be the battery. It was like something didn't want the show to go on. LOL

One viewer count at the start of the show had over 25 people watching. I think we lost most of them due to the delay. We got on 45 minutes later with about 14 viewers and and some in the chat room. At that point we were so busy we didn't do a head count so i don't know how many we had totally.

But after all that it went well.
J

April 22nd, 2011, 8:16 pm #6

But Lone Wolf answered all of them before I could ask...

SAsquatcher
SAsquatcher

April 22nd, 2011, 8:46 pm #7

We kept it open so people could comment and ask questions during the interview and we would have a few ready when the Q&A started. Probably better to close it till time to take questions.
I'm looking into a way to have phone callers. We have cell phones here and no land line, so I'm looking for a internet type phone to use for callers. I don't want to give out my cell number. I think i found something that will work.

After the show I checked that battery. It was completely dead. Strange thing is it was almost new and only had been used on one test a few days ago when I opened it. At the start of the show, when LW had the video issue it was showing "good" on the mixer. Which is why i didn't suspect it when we went on the air.

When LW called we got his video feed but it was all black. There was video coming in but the screen was black. I've had callers who's video either clipped or looked pixalated or whatever, but never an all black screen. It was like the lights were off or there was something blocking the video. Usually Skype will simply not connect if there is an issue. That was weird.

Then the audio problem which turned out to be the battery. It was like something didn't want the show to go on. LOL

One viewer count at the start of the show had over 25 people watching. I think we lost most of them due to the delay. We got on 45 minutes later with about 14 viewers and and some in the chat room. At that point we were so busy we didn't do a head count so i don't know how many we had totally.

But after all that it went well.
J
A seperate laptop with a seperate skype account name?

J
J

April 23rd, 2011, 6:37 am #8

But Lone Wolf answered all of them before I could ask...
LW was a great guest, he covered a lot. Even with almost 2 hours we probably could have gone on another two.
Thanks for all the comments folks, we enjoy doing this probably as much as you enjoy watching.
J

J
J

April 23rd, 2011, 6:47 am #9

A seperate laptop with a seperate skype account name?
...but it would require us to get/buy another laptop (see "no budget" LOL) and taking an additional Skype feed would reduce our bandwidth. That would make the broadcast quality drop.

If we do a show where we don't have a guest but open the Skype line to callers who want to talk about a subject, that would work because then we would be taking one call after the other. That wouldn't be much different than having a guest on continuously.

The question there is how many people would:
A) Be willing to call in and talk Bigfoot
B) Would not shy away from being on the show with a web camera in their face. (we don't do audio only, it's TV!)
C) If the audience would bare with us if some yokel came on just to say something obscene or act up. (People forget their manners on the intra-nets)

I'd love to do a call-in show and get opinions and maybe even reports. It would be pretty embarrassing if no one called though. LOL

That's an idea to explore.
J.