Scatman returns

Scatman returns

Doc
Doc

February 17th, 2010, 3:18 am #1

Well, I got word back from the lab at Texas AM today. Want to guess what they said ?? You guessed it ! They said they could not determine what species left this scat. Dr. Terry Hughs commented that it looked human-like to him. They thought it was interesting that I thought it might be chimp. Once again, I think I mentioned on this forum only slightly tongue in cheek that I have double checked myself on many occasions lately, and I haven't produced any sample as robust (or foul) as this sample.

So the official word from A&M is THEY DONT KNOW what species did the feces !
Again, the scat and the track are just down the road from each other and very near (about 4 miles from)our well known BarBQue area.

EasTexSteve
EasTexSteve

February 17th, 2010, 2:56 pm #2

Imagine that. Wonders never cease. LOL!

February 17th, 2010, 3:49 pm #3

Looking forward to seeing your photos...BTW...I was in your area about three weeks back...I wasn't Monster hunting but years back we did quite a bit of deer hunting in that area...

I took a report from a man that was fishing a small pond back east of where you are talking about...maybe we can get together and go talk to the man...

Doc
Doc

February 18th, 2010, 10:06 pm #4

that would be great...i would love to interview this person. i am speculating on which pond that would be as i have been perusing the maps a lot