Recorders

Recorders

DonDon
DonDon

April 17th, 2012, 12:17 pm #1

what would cause one to record in Mono? Had mine out with us this past weekend and it's been doing fine ion playbacks. For some reason when I downloaded the file yesterday and started listening to it, the sound was coming out of one speaker only.

April 17th, 2012, 6:18 pm #2

Try playing some music through your system and see if you can hear that through both speakers.
I am not familiar with your exact make and model of dvr so I don't know if you might have a ( stereo/ mono) switch on it or not.
It's always best to start with the simplest things first.
I hope this helps.

DonDon
DonDon

April 18th, 2012, 12:29 pm #3

Worked fine the first couple times I used it. this time when I downloaded the recording, it only played through one speaker

Crispy
Crispy

April 18th, 2012, 1:30 pm #4

And make sure you didn't accidentally turn the "balance" all the way over to one side.

Them things are easy to push the wrong thing or think you have one control on screen when it is something else. Then it is a pain trying to figure out what you did to screw it up.

I have a nice TASCAM one - and I use it just enough to forget where all the controls are on the little screen - and seem to always mess up something.

But operator error would be my guess, being as how I suffer from that problem a lot..LOL

DonDon
DonDon

April 18th, 2012, 2:03 pm #5

if there's a way I can screw it up, I will LOL Now I just gotta figure out WHERE that is on the dang thing. Guess that means actually reading the manual LOL

Crispy
Crispy

April 18th, 2012, 3:52 pm #6

Them manuals....so when you screw things up you can look it up in the troubleshooting section and undo whatever ya did! LOL The one that came with mine looks complicated, so I haven't read it yet. The box it came in had all the features printed on it, so I know what it can do.

One day I will figure out how to use the features. Sure hope I haven't lost the manual, as I know I will screw it up a few times in the process........

April 18th, 2012, 4:30 pm #7

First I do, then when all else fails, I consult the manual,,LOL.
Hey I wound up with a lot of extra parts that way.
: )

DonDon
DonDon

April 18th, 2012, 6:08 pm #8

Them manuals....so when you screw things up you can look it up in the troubleshooting section and undo whatever ya did! LOL The one that came with mine looks complicated, so I haven't read it yet. The box it came in had all the features printed on it, so I know what it can do.

One day I will figure out how to use the features. Sure hope I haven't lost the manual, as I know I will screw it up a few times in the process........
of the Manual bookmarked now online LOL KNow what ya mean Rick LOL I rebuilt a lawn mower engine one time and had a half coffee can full of bolts and such left over. It ran great so go figure LOL

Timberghost
Timberghost

April 18th, 2012, 11:23 pm #9

if there's a way I can screw it up, I will LOL Now I just gotta figure out WHERE that is on the dang thing. Guess that means actually reading the manual LOL
If your recorder has a detachable mic it will do that if you don't have the mic completely seated. If it has a detachable mic test it by making sure the mic is seated properly, download the short recording of your voice and see if it plays in stereo.

DonDon
DonDon

April 19th, 2012, 12:45 pm #10

I was moving it around a good bit trying to get it under some brush to hide it. I may have pulled it abit to hard