Received in email...Thanks T...

Received in email...Thanks T...

August 7th, 2012, 8:33 pm #1

I don't know how to post photos on the forum so I thought I'd send this to you in case you'd like to post it yourself.

The photo is a good example of how other animals, in this case a mother bear and cub, can be misidentified as a bf animal. This sow and her three cubs ran across my niece's horse pasture just yesterday. The mom and one cub stood up just before hitting the bush. Notice too how when one sees a wild animal and only has seconds to get the shot at a distance that it doesn't come out as clear as one would like it to.

scott from philly
scott from philly

August 7th, 2012, 9:41 pm #2

this screams bear for 2 reasons, shape and positions of ears, and length of arms....both of whoch you can see are clearly bear.....now, if somebody could get a nice monster to stop dead on edge of rfield instead of in trees, we might have something.....
anyone who has seen a monster clearly knows it was no bear.....Ive seen a bear also, and look in bear's eyes was not the same, as well as any other physical trait other than hair color....
I get the point of the exercise, just if I saw these 2 bears instead of what I did, I wouldnt have ever thought twice of going back to the same place...

August 8th, 2012, 2:53 pm #3

I'm not a bear person but there is no doubt I would know it was bear...but...I do see the point...a quick look by some might make them believe it is Monster...I know quite a few who have Monster on the brain...every little sound or movement they think Monsters...

SAsquatcher
SAsquatcher

August 8th, 2012, 3:56 pm #4

this screams bear for 2 reasons, shape and positions of ears, and length of arms....both of whoch you can see are clearly bear.....now, if somebody could get a nice monster to stop dead on edge of rfield instead of in trees, we might have something.....
anyone who has seen a monster clearly knows it was no bear.....Ive seen a bear also, and look in bear's eyes was not the same, as well as any other physical trait other than hair color....
I get the point of the exercise, just if I saw these 2 bears instead of what I did, I wouldnt have ever thought twice of going back to the same place...
You don't mistake a Bigfoot for a Bear, or the other way around.
When I saw the pic, the very first thing I thought was " Bear".
IMHO, the only person that could mistake one for the other is somebody that has never seen either one, it would be like mistaking a timber wolf for a chihuahua, or a horse for a cow, it just isn't done.

Terry
Terry

August 8th, 2012, 4:21 pm #5

I'm not a bear person but there is no doubt I would know it was bear...but...I do see the point...a quick look by some might make them believe it is Monster...I know quite a few who have Monster on the brain...every little sound or movement they think Monsters...
the bears took that same position behind some brush where they couldn't be clearly seen. Bears like to stand up on two legs to see better if they hear or see something they can't identify.

Remember that photo of the porcupine in the tree a couple of years ago? People were saying bigfoot. It drove me crazy! lol

t.

Shelia
Shelia

August 8th, 2012, 6:52 pm #6

MH you're right, I do my dangdest to prove to myself that it isn't a BF and that goes for sounds, unusual stuff I find in the woods and pictures. I heard an unusual "calling" between two animals last week and spent two days listening to sound files on the internet trying to connect the vocalization to any known animal in North America, even ones I know we don't have in east Tx. Russell was with me and he had never heard the sound before either, but the jury is still out on what we heard. I don't know what it was but I'm not going to say that is was a "Monster" that made the sound.
Al once said something to me that really stuck when it comes to what you see and hear in the woods when looking for these critters. We were looking at a rather large "shelter" and he had been pointing out how the limbs and trees had been put together. After a few minutes I said " So you're telling me that a Monster made this.'' Al said " No, I'm telling you that something with an opposable thumb made this." I wanted to strangle him for saying that but after thinking about it I realized that his way of looking at things was more effective than mine was at the time. So I began looking at things that I heard/saw/smelled/ in the same way that Al did. It works.

Crispy
Crispy

August 9th, 2012, 3:12 am #7

You don't mistake a Bigfoot for a Bear, or the other way around.
When I saw the pic, the very first thing I thought was " Bear".
IMHO, the only person that could mistake one for the other is somebody that has never seen either one, it would be like mistaking a timber wolf for a chihuahua, or a horse for a cow, it just isn't done.
When you have foliage or ground cover between you and whatever....makes things harder to identify. I have seen a lot of things that I was positive were one thing, until I got round to a better view to find whatever it was was something else entirely.

Pictures make it even harder to be sure.

Two bears standing in an open field is hard to misinterpret.

Dark shadowy things behind tress and tall grass are sometimes just that. Dark shadows and stumps and such.

There is a picture floating around right now that the exact discussion is about...monster or a couple bears.

That dopy Jacobs picture is still being touted as a BF, when any sane person will see it is a bear. But hey, the disagreement continues.

Well, you get my point.

RubyRed
RubyRed

August 10th, 2012, 1:58 pm #8

I don't know how to post photos on the forum so I thought I'd send this to you in case you'd like to post it yourself.

The photo is a good example of how other animals, in this case a mother bear and cub, can be misidentified as a bf animal. This sow and her three cubs ran across my niece's horse pasture just yesterday. The mom and one cub stood up just before hitting the bush. Notice too how when one sees a wild animal and only has seconds to get the shot at a distance that it doesn't come out as clear as one would like it to.

not BF. I don't think that many people would confuse bear shape for BF shape as you think. But thats just my HO.