Patterson & different cameras...

Patterson & different cameras...

June 20th, 2009, 3:47 pm #1

The picture of Roger Patterson on the right, came from the tracking dog video, and it was embedded in the film. This is from Rene Dahinden, and came from his possessions. Notice the growth of his beard compared to when he is casting tracks...BTW...same shirt without the jacket....cool in the mornings and evenings and warm during the day...

In the still of Roger casting the track it seems we should see other tracks or at least one more...from experience, in this type of surface, tracks should be very visible...the ground in this area has been pulverized by equipment and logs and is not the soil Gimlin claimed he jumped from a stump without making a track...why the heck this didn't ring a bell with visiting researchers after the filming is beyond me...maybe it was and I haven't found it "yet"...

brent
brent

June 20th, 2009, 8:50 pm #2

I dont think the coat was ever buttoned. You can see the buttons on the left pic. Look at where his right elbow is. It are pressed up against his rib cage which would cause the stiff jacket together. The pic on the right his right arm is not pressed up against his rib cage so the jacket is loose and open. Not sure if the jacket being button or unbuttons means anything.

Bitter Monk
Bitter Monk

June 21st, 2009, 1:02 am #3

The picture of Roger Patterson on the right, came from the tracking dog video, and it was embedded in the film. This is from Rene Dahinden, and came from his possessions. Notice the growth of his beard compared to when he is casting tracks...BTW...same shirt without the jacket....cool in the mornings and evenings and warm during the day...

In the still of Roger casting the track it seems we should see other tracks or at least one more...from experience, in this type of surface, tracks should be very visible...the ground in this area has been pulverized by equipment and logs and is not the soil Gimlin claimed he jumped from a stump without making a track...why the heck this didn't ring a bell with visiting researchers after the filming is beyond me...maybe it was and I haven't found it "yet"...

In the frame of Patterson casting the track the print is of the left foot. It could be that the right print if there is one is obscured by Patterson's body.

M.K.Davis
M.K.Davis

June 21st, 2009, 7:49 pm #4

I dont think the coat was ever buttoned. You can see the buttons on the left pic. Look at where his right elbow is. It are pressed up against his rib cage which would cause the stiff jacket together. The pic on the right his right arm is not pressed up against his rib cage so the jacket is loose and open. Not sure if the jacket being button or unbuttons means anything.

Brent wrote: Not sure if the jacket being button or unbuttons means anything.

It would only mean that there were two poses for two cameras, but you don't really need the jacket to see that. The quality is starkley different.

Brent wrote: I dont think the coat was ever buttoned. You can see the buttons on the left pic.

You may be correct about that Brent, however, the outside buttons are probably decorative I think. The coat probably buttons or zips from the inside. Good observing though, this is why these photos are being posted. Look them over good. M.K.

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

June 22nd, 2009, 12:51 pm #5

In the frame of Patterson casting the track the print is of the left foot. It could be that the right print if there is one is obscured by Patterson's body.
The jacket: From our perspective - the bottom-right of the jacket is much higher than the left. Either he buttoned the jacket all bass-ackwards, or the jacket is not buttoned and is just riding up a bit due to arm location....as previously pointed out. The second picture shows the bottom-right of the jacket now at about the same length as the bottom-left of the jacket.

Also, in the first pic, there's no overlapping of material on the left and right sides of the jacket so that buttons could be used.

There is a slight time difference between the frames (even though the pose and the background remain the same in each picture) as the hand grips on the casts are different in the two frames.

Footprints: I was thinking the same thing....that perhaps the right foot print is hidden by Patterson's body - with the next left foot print visible further away...by Patterson's face/hat.

Though BF tracks seem (in pics and reports) to generally run in a straight line - if a BF needs to turn its upper-body to get a better look over its shoulder - then perhaps a BF would also take a step to the right, or left, to aid in a greater peripheral sweep of its surroundings?

-Mike

June 22nd, 2009, 12:57 pm #6

as are many items coming from the films...we do know Patterson posing with the casts with his jacket open came from the Dahinden film...the film we all would like to see is the John Green film...from seeing Green with his camera in the Dahinden film we know his would have the details with, more then likely, sound...

June 22nd, 2009, 1:09 pm #7

The jacket: From our perspective - the bottom-right of the jacket is much higher than the left. Either he buttoned the jacket all bass-ackwards, or the jacket is not buttoned and is just riding up a bit due to arm location....as previously pointed out. The second picture shows the bottom-right of the jacket now at about the same length as the bottom-left of the jacket.

Also, in the first pic, there's no overlapping of material on the left and right sides of the jacket so that buttons could be used.

There is a slight time difference between the frames (even though the pose and the background remain the same in each picture) as the hand grips on the casts are different in the two frames.

Footprints: I was thinking the same thing....that perhaps the right foot print is hidden by Patterson's body - with the next left foot print visible further away...by Patterson's face/hat.

Though BF tracks seem (in pics and reports) to generally run in a straight line - if a BF needs to turn its upper-body to get a better look over its shoulder - then perhaps a BF would also take a step to the right, or left, to aid in a greater peripheral sweep of its surroundings?

-Mike
The point of the stills are to prove there were different cameras there the whole time recording the events...not many knew this...we discussed the other tracks being behind Patterson and that is a possibility...during her walk we know she took a hard step to the right for some unknown reason...years ago, before MK found evidence of shooting, we saw this step...obviously we had no idea why she did this but we did see something black similar to a stick or snake thinking maybe she stepped to avoid...

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

June 22nd, 2009, 2:50 pm #8

Yes, I understand that you're pointing out the two camera scenario.

By any chance would there be stills from both reels showing the exact same pose? (hand placement on casts, jacket arrangement, etc.?).

-Mike

June 22nd, 2009, 9:23 pm #9

These are the only two of Patterson posing with the casts that I can find Mike...I think I have another some where...