Monster Quest...

Monster Quest...

March 25th, 2010, 1:05 pm #1

Gable film hoaxed...the man darn sure did an excellent job of hoaxing IMO...

Rick Tullos
Rick Tullos

March 25th, 2010, 3:21 pm #2

Dadgum guy in a ghillie suit.

Mr. Phelps
Mr. Phelps

March 25th, 2010, 3:43 pm #3

I tell you what? Im not big on hoaxers at all, but I do admit that this guy did a good job! I kinda liked his answer about BF existing!

Jason Alexander
Jason Alexander

March 25th, 2010, 4:23 pm #4

I was a bit incredulous about the Gable film.In my heart I wanted it to be real but my brain wasn't convinced.To be honest my heart sunk when I saw that this was a hoax.I was impressed by the lengths this guy went through to make it look authentic BUT this guy ends up hurting every follower and believer of crypto-zoology. He may profess to be a believer of BF or the Dogman but hoaxes like this plant the seed of doubt firmly in the publics mind whenever sightings or encounters occur. From now on anytime someone has a sighting of one of these creatures in that area of the country they'll be even more hesitant to come forward because of the actions this guy.They'll be met with suspicion and ridicule already but some would still give them the benefit of doubt but now many will dismiss it outright because in their mind, 'It's been proved to be a hoax.'
Last edited by tiny on March 25th, 2010, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crispy Critter
Crispy Critter

March 25th, 2010, 4:56 pm #5

MQ finally did something that is newsworthy..besides sucking....LOL

March 25th, 2010, 5:16 pm #6

Finally came up with something news worthy...

March 25th, 2010, 5:22 pm #7

If so...we warned them about using Meldrum...

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

March 25th, 2010, 5:45 pm #8

I thought many/most of us already gave the Gable film the old "heave-ho" sometime last year. Or?

Between the fencing on the beast close-up frames....lack of blood/gore in the "police photos"....lack of reports of at least one - possibly two - people being torn apart....the almost purposeful hiding of identities of persons on the film....etc. etc.

Didn't need MQ to convince me!

I still don't have cable.....so I don't know how the hoaxer did it. Had lots of people convinced, though. Though hoaxers hurt us, gotta give props to a skilled individual. It certainly wasn't a .02 cent rented ape suit style hoax! LOL

-Mike in NC

March 25th, 2010, 6:19 pm #9

leaning to thinking it was a creature...it was but it was a man in a ghillie suit...MK did an animation that you could see a foot, what appeared to be a man's foot...well, guess what...it was...LOL

CoastalMike
CoastalMike

March 25th, 2010, 6:19 pm #10

had to like him. The radio guy really sold it. I wasn't clear whether he knew about it in the beginning, but it sounds like he did.