Message to MK

Message to MK

Jim Keegan
Jim Keegan

June 7th, 2012, 12:13 am #1

First off..I love you....and I know you are looking for the Venus to cross the Sun.

God Bless....cloudy here.

WE go way back in this "Thing of ours" and had wonderful moments together.

I have talked to Jim and he has put his faith in you,,,,,I have always had my faith in you...we go way back.

I tried to talk you out of this but you were heard strong.
I told you what you were getting into, but you didn't care.

One day...you said my little telescope could see Saturn...I said BS.................................................I saw the friggin rings around it!!!!!

Dyin is easy...living is the hard part.

Zebra Forever

M.K.
M.K.

June 7th, 2012, 6:37 pm #2

It wasn't that long ago Jim, that people scoffed at the idea of a sun centered solar system. Galileo tried to get people to look through the newly invented telescope, but they refused. "A transit of Venus?" "No way!" All they had to do was look. It was there for them to see. There isn't any solid evidence for a Sasquatch, or Bigfoot, right? Well...yes, there is. It's just as hard to get someone to look now, as it was for Galileo then. It upsets a lot of apple carts. We, as a society want our apple carts running smoothly. Bigfoot is a bump in the road. M.K.

June 7th, 2012, 7:09 pm #3

IMO the evidence is over whelming but in others eyes the evidence is ambiguous at best...I know what I see and hear from experience...others interrupt the evidence differently...being a skeptic IMO is admirable to a point...as long as the skepticism is from experience and not ignorance...

MK wrote:

"It wasn't that long ago Jim, that people scoffed at the idea of a sun centered solar system. Galileo tried to get people to look through the newly invented telescope, but they refused."

Jim Keegan
Jim Keegan

June 7th, 2012, 9:11 pm #4

It wasn't that long ago Jim, that people scoffed at the idea of a sun centered solar system. Galileo tried to get people to look through the newly invented telescope, but they refused. "A transit of Venus?" "No way!" All they had to do was look. It was there for them to see. There isn't any solid evidence for a Sasquatch, or Bigfoot, right? Well...yes, there is. It's just as hard to get someone to look now, as it was for Galileo then. It upsets a lot of apple carts. We, as a society want our apple carts running smoothly. Bigfoot is a bump in the road. M.K.
or be called a witch and burned at the stake by the Pope's order.

"Science leads with a sword"

Jim Keegan ~1992

MissippiMike
MissippiMike

June 7th, 2012, 11:40 pm #5

IMO the evidence is over whelming but in others eyes the evidence is ambiguous at best...I know what I see and hear from experience...others interrupt the evidence differently...being a skeptic IMO is admirable to a point...as long as the skepticism is from experience and not ignorance...

MK wrote:

"It wasn't that long ago Jim, that people scoffed at the idea of a sun centered solar system. Galileo tried to get people to look through the newly invented telescope, but they refused."
I have been whooped at from no further away than 60 ft and have had things thrown at me at the same location. Could it have been a prankster 3 miles deep into an almost impenetrable National Forest? I suppose it could have been any number of "things." Then again...