Lupe Gurirou [spelling?]

Lupe Gurirou [spelling?]

Van-Horn
Van-Horn

June 23rd, 2011, 5:24 pm #1

Sorry if the spelling is wrong. Since this creature and legend is from
your neck of the woods. How do you feel this legend completements
your brand of Swamp-Monsters.
Have any knowledge of the Lupe Gurirou. What is it suppose to be?
Thank you.

June 23rd, 2011, 5:42 pm #2

supposedly...I don't know anything about the legend other then what little I've read...several reports of a long snouted Monster that chased people but those reports were second hand and were not verified by me...

BTW...I live in NW Louisiana...pine thickets, little swamp land but a lot of chiggers and mosquitoes...

Jim Keegan
Jim Keegan

June 23rd, 2011, 8:51 pm #3

Came down from Canada with the French-Canadiens.

It's a Werewolf.

DonDon
DonDon

June 23rd, 2011, 8:59 pm #4

supposedly...I don't know anything about the legend other then what little I've read...several reports of a long snouted Monster that chased people but those reports were second hand and were not verified by me...

BTW...I live in NW Louisiana...pine thickets, little swamp land but a lot of chiggers and mosquitoes...
He's from down that way and has talked about them before. I've also seen Chester Jr with a big fake stuffed one in a pic somewhere.

Ken3030
Ken3030

June 24th, 2011, 12:34 am #5

what I've googled and I remember well that my grandmother used to tell us kids that the Rugaru as she called it would get us after dark! I just thought at the time it was just a ruse to get us inside at dark, but with some of the reports I've seen and that wicked looking pic from Jeffery Teagle, I just don't know about that now!

Terry
Terry

June 24th, 2011, 12:49 am #6

Came down from Canada with the French-Canadiens.

It's a Werewolf.
French Canadian legend mostly to scare the kids and keep them from wandering away. It was never considered to be possibly real...up here anyway. Of course you Americans...

t.

Van Horn
Van Horn

June 24th, 2011, 5:10 pm #7

what I've googled and I remember well that my grandmother used to tell us kids that the Rugaru as she called it would get us after dark! I just thought at the time it was just a ruse to get us inside at dark, but with some of the reports I've seen and that wicked looking pic from Jeffery Teagle, I just don't know about that now!
Thanks for the info. For some reason, I remember hearing somewhere. That you
should carry salt, or somekind of treefrog in your pocket if one ventured out
into the swamp at night. These would repeal the creature.