Long's interview with Bob Gimln...

Long's interview with Bob Gimln...

April 7th, 2010, 9:20 pm #1

Long: "Let me ask you: Have you ever been arrested? I've got a case on a Robert E. Gimlin arrested for accepting stolen plywood and nails. Was that you?"

Gimlin: "No. Not me. There's about five Robert E. Gimlins."

Long: "So you've never been arrested for stealing stolen property."

Gimlin: "I've never been arrested for anything, you know. In fact, I'm a good Christian man and I live a Christian life."

Long then rechecks his 1962 Gimlin arrest case file and notes that a William E. Gimlin and Dola Gimlin as sureties posted a bond for $3000 on behalf of Robert E. Gimlin. All three of their signatures were on the bail bond. Long calls a Lillie Gimlin in Yakima who turns out to be Bob's sister-in-law. He asks Lillie if she knows who William and Dola Gimlin are...

"They are Bob Gimlin's parents. They are no longer alive."

Greg Long then went home and dug up a copy of Daniel Perez' Bigfoot Times newsletter commemorating the twenty-fifth anniversary of the PGF that had Bob Gimlin's signature and compared it to the signature on the bail bond. They matched.

April 7th, 2010, 9:31 pm #2

of us have done something we're not real proud of...but not to the point of being charged with a possible felony for having and concealing stolen property...My understanding is BG turned state's evidence throwing his partners in crime under the bus to escape conviction...Old Bob is a hell of a guy ain't he...

RubyRed
RubyRed

April 7th, 2010, 10:18 pm #3

claim to be Christian when they are in reality NOT Christians. Talk is very cheap when it comes to "claiming" a faith but walking in that faith is a little harder. IF you say you tell the truth because you live your life as a Christian, then BE what you say you are! It's not a game of horseshoes; coming close doesn't count. "You is or you ain't." It's unfortunate that B.G. thought the reporter/interviewer would take his word for it and not check the facts. Good researchers/reporters do exactly what he did--check the facts.

I always told my love-to-write-notes students--don't sign your name! EVER! I think the operative word here is "busted!"

Saskfoot
Saskfoot

April 7th, 2010, 10:28 pm #4

Long: "Let me ask you: Have you ever been arrested? I've got a case on a Robert E. Gimlin arrested for accepting stolen plywood and nails. Was that you?"

Gimlin: "I've never been arrested for anything, you know. In fact, I'm a good Christian man and I live a Christian life."

Long then rechecks his 1962 Gimlin arrest case file and notes that a William E. Gimlin and Dola Gimlin as sureties posted a bond for $3000 on behalf of Robert E. Gimlin. All three of their signatures were on the bail bond. Long calls a Lillie Gimlin in Yakima who turns out to be Bob's sister-in-law. He asks Lillie if she knows who William and Dola Gimlin are...

Greg Long then went home and dug up a copy of Daniel Perez' Bigfoot Times newsletter commemorating the twenty-fifth anniversary of the PGF that had Bob Gimlin's signature and compared it to the signature on the bail bond. They matched.
What page is that on, MH?
Didn't Long cite other examples of Gimlin's character?

April 7th, 2010, 10:38 pm #5

I received this by email...

April 7th, 2010, 10:54 pm #6

claim to be Christian when they are in reality NOT Christians. Talk is very cheap when it comes to "claiming" a faith but walking in that faith is a little harder. IF you say you tell the truth because you live your life as a Christian, then BE what you say you are! It's not a game of horseshoes; coming close doesn't count. "You is or you ain't." It's unfortunate that B.G. thought the reporter/interviewer would take his word for it and not check the facts. Good researchers/reporters do exactly what he did--check the facts.

I always told my love-to-write-notes students--don't sign your name! EVER! I think the operative word here is "busted!"
Years back my wife and I belonged to a church in Texas where a Deacon and the Church accountant was stealing offerings...one of the nicest men a person could meet but had sticky fingers...I guess you could say he worked every Sunday...

Mississippi Mike
Mississippi Mike

April 8th, 2010, 1:31 am #7

I'm know I have done many things I'm not proud of...mostly but not all when I was younger and before I became a Christian. For this man to still be telling bald-faced lies tells a lot about him. If someone asks me about my past, although I may not be proud of it, I would hope I would tell them the truth...because I no longer live like I used to! He is still lying! No use asking him a darned thing, he's a professional liar.

chattahoocheebigfoot
chattahoocheebigfoot

April 8th, 2010, 11:20 am #8

of us have done something we're not real proud of...but not to the point of being charged with a possible felony for having and concealing stolen property...My understanding is BG turned state's evidence throwing his partners in crime under the bus to escape conviction...Old Bob is a hell of a guy ain't he...
...and please for give me; "Is a hell of a liar just like his cohorts!"

Jeff

April 8th, 2010, 1:19 pm #9

I'm know I have done many things I'm not proud of...mostly but not all when I was younger and before I became a Christian. For this man to still be telling bald-faced lies tells a lot about him. If someone asks me about my past, although I may not be proud of it, I would hope I would tell them the truth...because I no longer live like I used to! He is still lying! No use asking him a darned thing, he's a professional liar.
Greg Long's book "The making of Bigfoot" pgs 108-9
Patterson's neighbor, Jerry Lee Merritt on Patterson film, living at the time in Vancouver, Washington:

"Now, I thought maybe they'd been planted, see. But I didn't want to bet into this too deep because
I'm Jehovah's Witness, and people think I'm makin' up some demonistic story or somethin' you know..."
Merritt stares off into space. "I know a lot of things I've done. I just don't want to bring it up."

His eyes shifted away.

"But Roger Patterson died in 1972," I said. "We're talking about twenty-six years ago."

"I know when he died," Merritt said petulantly. "But I mean, this bigfoot thing, ...there is more
to it than you'll ever hear. I mean, I'm going to tell you right now there was things that happened.
There's very few people know about. And it's just strange, just strange."

Long: I felt Merritt was hiding something, but I didn't push him. "When you say things happened,"
I said calmly, without inflection, "you mean strange occurrences or sightings of Bigfoot?"

Merritt: "Sightings and stuff, yeah, I just never did......" He broke off...........

Cindy
Cindy

April 8th, 2010, 3:15 pm #10

That was a clever little piece of detective work! n/t