Listen to the below...

Listen to the below...

June 21st, 2012, 12:29 am #1

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

June 21st, 2012, 1:24 am #2

If that's legit, it sounds like he got REALLY close!

Have any of you BF veterans ever heard anything like this?

Aren't these BFs letting the kid get too close? Seems very bold of them.

On a side note, what kind of video/documentary/etc. was the kid trying to create? More of the background story might help decide if this is legit, or a crafty hoax.

-MikeInNC

SAsquatcher
SAsquatcher

June 21st, 2012, 10:42 am #3

Whatever it was sounded pretty big.
It almost sounded "Howler monkeyish".
Never heard a monster do that beforel but I cannot rule it out either.

DonDon
DonDon

June 21st, 2012, 12:47 pm #4

Either he has some awesome audio gear or it sounds like it's digital. I do know that if I was out in the woods and heard that, I'd have to clean out my drawers LOL

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

June 21st, 2012, 2:46 pm #5

If that's legit, it sounds like he got REALLY close!

Have any of you BF veterans ever heard anything like this?

Aren't these BFs letting the kid get too close? Seems very bold of them.

On a side note, what kind of video/documentary/etc. was the kid trying to create? More of the background story might help decide if this is legit, or a crafty hoax.

-MikeInNC
I think I hear two people "walking away" at the end of the audio. Does anyone else pick up the odd number/pacing of steps? Assuming there is a second person, was it just an error on the part of the person posting the audio to not mention that? (Worst case scenario, the second person is playing the sounds to be recorded on the audio and then reported as crypto/BF sounds?)

After paying a little more attention I see the kid's project was to record sounds at night. I find that kind of "fishy", unless the kid was very young. How much "research" needs to be done to record crickets, coyotes, and owls?

Also, am I hearing crickets while the howling is going on? Isn't it a general "rule" that insects shut up when monsters are around? Or, is the "silent treatment" optional?

I still find it odd that BFs would broadcast their positions so close to a human intruder, unless (assuming this is legit) the BFs were actually attempting to frighten off the intruder.

I hate to be such a stick in the mud, but when 1, 2, 3 things seem out of phase with the story and generally accepted/recognized BF behavior, my Spidey sense starts asking questions.

Your thoughts?

-Mike in NC

Geronimo
Geronimo

June 21st, 2012, 2:58 pm #6

It's a pretty good recording. Maybe too good.
So if I understand this recording; the student walked out to an area and stumbled upon this conversation between two unknown creatures.

1. While the student is walking he does not snap a twig or step on a bunch of leaves. it sound like he is walking over the same type of ground the whole time. It sounded like he was he was "walking" over cereal the whole time at a quick pace.

2. So the "creatures" did not hear his approach?

3. The "creatures" sounded like they were facing the same direction the whole time they were communicating.The only sounds the creatures make is this growling/barking rough scream? Maybe they were howling at the student. No echo or sound carrying in the distance? But the amplification of the sound (acoustics) were awesome! Just like if they were in a room!

4. This student walks out to an area, hears creatures that are obviously larger than he is and he says nothing?? not even a "WTF"?

5. The creatures just stop howling as he leaves?

6. It sounds like there is more than one student "walking" away from the creatures.

7. The back ground "crikets" sound too perfect and like the volume was turned up after the student begins to leave.

What kind of recording equipment was used. I did not hear the normal sounds of gear/clothes rubbing while the student was walking. I'm not convinced that this was actually recorded out in the field. This sounded like a recording studio project. It reminded me of the old time radio shows. And I have heard plenty of them working the midnight shift with my XM radio.

SAsquatcher
SAsquatcher

June 21st, 2012, 6:15 pm #7

In an interview, you said that after that monster screamed at you years back at MC, that the woods "came alive" and it sounded like chimps at the zoo,,, does this sound similar to what you heard?

SAsquatcher
SAsquatcher

June 21st, 2012, 6:15 pm #8

In an interview, you said that after that monster screamed at you years back at MC, that the woods "came alive" and it sounded like chimps at the zoo,,, does this sound similar to what you heard?

Circlewalker
Circlewalker

June 21st, 2012, 6:44 pm #9

The insect sound is at exactly the same level all the way through the audio. This would not happen if a person was walking closer or further away from the source of the sound. In other words the background noise should change as he was walking.

There is also a lot of reverberation on the calls. If they were that close a similar reverberation would be heard from both however, the call on the right has way more reverberation than the first call or the call on the left.It sounds like the calls were made in a cave...When I hear the calls my bullometer cranks off the scale.

Others have pointed out some inconsistencies with the walking and I think they are correct. I would add that the walking seems to be at the same level all the way through just like the background (insect) noise. Each step would fall slightly differently making a difference in volume depending upon the debris and makeup of the walkway. The walking sound is way to consistent and when there are obviously two walkers the sound is still consistently at the same level.

June 21st, 2012, 8:10 pm #10

I've never been to Africa but it sounded like a huge African lion roaring at me...the volume was darn near deafening but what was interesting was I could feel the sound...After the roar is when it sounded like a zoo full of chimpanzees...this went on for a few seconds then it got quiet...not a sound from anything...a few minutes passed I would think before the tree frogs and insects began their chirping...

Personally I haven't heard anything like the above...