Last frames of the first sequence of film...

Last frames of the first sequence of film...

April 11th, 2010, 7:01 pm #1

This creature and the reason I say "this creature" is because we are not sure this is the female Patty we see in the second sequence of filming...she begins going down as she nears the tree line for some reason...you can see the crack of her butt as she bends over...years back when MK first saw this we assumed these PNW creatures were like mine here...quadrupeds as well as bipedal but after viewing the film in detail we firmly believe these creatures are bipeds only...

Last edited by tiny on April 11th, 2010, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 11th, 2010, 7:06 pm #2

RP as he was running and filming fell in the trench connected to the red hole...you can see the mound of sand he is filming over...

April 12th, 2010, 1:36 am #3

That it appears this creature has a pony tail moving back and forth...

DonDon
DonDon

April 12th, 2010, 1:23 pm #4

I darn sure see it

Saskfoot
Saskfoot

April 12th, 2010, 5:02 pm #5

It may not be the same individual as seen in the second walk sequence.
Was it determined there was a splice between the first and second walk sequences
or if I have this right, there was a stoppage in the film where the ending
frame did not match the next frame, is that right?

April 12th, 2010, 5:20 pm #6

Film stops...sequence two begins...

April 12th, 2010, 8:16 pm #7

Camera man stops his camera...he is inside the ditch he fell in...there are not any splices but that can be done by filming the film....You can see the red ditch RP fell into...when the second sequence begins this trench and hole have been covered...I would bet the original film would show us much more then the filmed versions of the film...

M.K.Davis
M.K.Davis

April 13th, 2010, 1:34 am #8

That it appears this creature has a pony tail moving back and forth...
In this clip, the head moves violently up and to the right. The hair pattern can be seen here. I do not know if this is the same individual that is seen in the second walk sequence. M.K.
[/IMG]

CoastalMike
CoastalMike

April 13th, 2010, 3:59 pm #9

Camera man stops his camera...he is inside the ditch he fell in...there are not any splices but that can be done by filming the film....You can see the red ditch RP fell into...when the second sequence begins this trench and hole have been covered...I would bet the original film would show us much more then the filmed versions of the film...

I think what MK is saying is that he thinks that the film was spliced here, on an earlier copy, because there is no evidence of slow startup frames, which would have been present if it were just Roger Patterson turning the camera off and then back on.

I would add that there would be no reason to edit out a slow startup frame, because it wouldn't be apparent while viewing the film. So it seems most likely that this abrupt change is due to a good splice. Plus, as far as I know, there was never any mention of turning the camera on and off.

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

April 13th, 2010, 6:10 pm #10

It makes no sense that someone would intentionally turn off a camera when they tripped/fell and then turned it back on.

It would be like.....

"Oh, my. I've tripped and am now falling. I think I'll turn off the camera until I can regain my balance and obtain proper footing on this uneven surface I find myself running across."

then

"Ah! Much better! Now that I once again have firm footing and can stand without fear of falling again, I think I'll turn this camera back on so that I may continue to film the local fauna."

Now, I'm not familiar with ancient filming technology so if the camera has a trigger/button that needs to be held down, I could see the film stopping as the person falling down tries to catch themselves and the finger comes off the trigger/button/whatever.

If the camera has a toggle/flip/other switch, it COULD have been engaged while the person was falling - if that switch is located near the fingers - and the person was trying to catch themselves on the way down.

Now, with all the buttons on video cameras nowadays, you can probably sneeze and hit 4 buttons at once - lol. What would the situation have been like for these guys?

Anyone have a good pic of the camera's on/off switch? (from an old ad, publication, instruction manual, etc.)

-Mike in NC