Killer Coons !

Killer Coons !

Lonewolf
Lonewolf

October 6th, 2009, 1:38 pm #1

Hey Jim, you better give those feeder visiting coons of yours a wide berth!
Or just carry your 12 gauge with you at all times.....

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local ... px?rss=794

October 6th, 2009, 2:00 pm #2

I do know for fact the little furry raccoon will eat you up...

October 6th, 2009, 2:07 pm #3

One night one of our hunters was watching a food plot...there were two larger Monsters with two smaller along side...as the hunter watched them, the older two eating the corn while the two smaller were playing, a coon came into the hunters view...he said the coon was down low circling the food plot and determined to get some corn...as the coon got closer one of the larger Monsters got up and the fight was on...these two went out of his thermal range but he said the growling sounded like a dog fight...within a few minutes the Monster returned to the food plot...

If a coon ain't afraid of a Monster then more then likely he ain't afraid of you...

DonDon
DonDon

October 6th, 2009, 3:39 pm #4

To funny

Lonewolf
Lonewolf

October 6th, 2009, 4:24 pm #5

One night one of our hunters was watching a food plot...there were two larger Monsters with two smaller along side...as the hunter watched them, the older two eating the corn while the two smaller were playing, a coon came into the hunters view...he said the coon was down low circling the food plot and determined to get some corn...as the coon got closer one of the larger Monsters got up and the fight was on...these two went out of his thermal range but he said the growling sounded like a dog fight...within a few minutes the Monster returned to the food plot...

If a coon ain't afraid of a Monster then more then likely he ain't afraid of you...
In Yosemite valley there are coons that are 60lbs. or better! Hard to believe but I've seen one, looked like a damn bear cub!

Of course my camping companions didn't believe my story until the next day while on a tour of the valley the guide mentioned the 60 pounders.

Don't even get me started on the ferocity of skunks.......

scott from philly
scott from philly

October 6th, 2009, 7:08 pm #6

my grandfather had 2 pitbulls we used to hunt hogs with....I saw these 2 dogs, about 90-95 lbs each kill hogs 3-4 times their size....one night, we had them out with his blue tick coon hound, they came across a coon we later weighed at 47 lbs, and this coon beat the crap out of both pit bulls, and the blue tick...they went running wimpering and very bloodied....

October 6th, 2009, 7:37 pm #7

In Yosemite valley there are coons that are 60lbs. or better! Hard to believe but I've seen one, looked like a damn bear cub!

Of course my camping companions didn't believe my story until the next day while on a tour of the valley the guide mentioned the 60 pounders.

That's a lot of coon...25 pounds down here is considered a Monster coon...

October 6th, 2009, 7:39 pm #8

my grandfather had 2 pitbulls we used to hunt hogs with....I saw these 2 dogs, about 90-95 lbs each kill hogs 3-4 times their size....one night, we had them out with his blue tick coon hound, they came across a coon we later weighed at 47 lbs, and this coon beat the crap out of both pit bulls, and the blue tick...they went running wimpering and very bloodied....
not only do they have razor sharp teeth but toes like fingers to grap and hold on...

Crispy Critter
Crispy Critter

October 6th, 2009, 8:38 pm #9

Who says Skunks make the best pets ever!

Has one now as a matter of fact.

Course - he is a little crazy............

nellie
nellie

October 6th, 2009, 9:03 pm #10

Hey Jim, you better give those feeder visiting coons of yours a wide berth!
Or just carry your 12 gauge with you at all times.....

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local ... px?rss=794
One of the big problems with coons is that they lose their fear in humans due to people feeding them. The same goes for gators. My husband has one word for people who like to feed either one...idiots.
One night a coon was trying to get into my garbage can. I grabbed my broom and luckily had it in front of me cause when I tried to shoo him away he ran about ten feet then came back after me. My only quick defense was my broom. I put it up in front of him and he attacked it. Talk about scaring the crap out of you.
This might sound weird but I found that if you bark and growl like an angry dog it can actually scare away some coons and sometimes they don't try to come back. Big remote-controlled trucks with headlights chase them really well too.
It sounds like those coons thought "Oh look guys! That person must have goodies for us." And then they closed in on her. She probably freaked out and tried to kick them or something stupid and they attacked her. Case closed.