July 7th Monsterquest program

July 7th Monsterquest program

RubyRed
RubyRed

July 9th, 2009, 2:35 pm #1

I admit up front that I didn't watch the majority of this program. I was watching another t.v. show. So, I'm curious--for the members of the message board WHO DID watch the episode--what are your thoughts and feelings? I admit the moment I saw Dr. M's face, I thought, "oh well, the show will only be saved IF M.K.'s recent findings are presented...So...were they?

Ruby

woodswatcher
woodswatcher

July 9th, 2009, 5:20 pm #2

is game was the usual. pimp his face and booksmarts. Billie Munn saved the program to a degree. even he noticed issues with the camera and film. probably more than what he told on the show.

what i would like to do..is drag that paleoprimatologist with the pony tail thru a swamp, that smug ass look that he had just irritated me.

i was hoping the Desotel fella would be on it. his mohawk brings sum "umph" to the show.

July 9th, 2009, 5:49 pm #3

Baseballing last night...after woodwatchers review I think I'll pass...

DonDon
DonDon

July 9th, 2009, 5:58 pm #4

That ole MID TARSEL BREAK crap again. Bout tired of hearing that crap. Munn did a good job opresenting things though and his computer stuff looked very good. Darn sure wished I could afford some of the software they had on the show.

July 9th, 2009, 6:33 pm #5

Any good podiatrist will tell you meldrum is full of sxxx...it took us months of stills and animations with proof Green was at Bluff Creek with camera in hand and Titmus in a hunting situation before people eventually began thinking Green may not be as stand up a man as thought...do I think he has done some good for BF research...sure to a point...but he has also set us back over forty years concerning the PNW Sasquatch...he knows exactly what they killed...and IMO...Hansen showed one around as a side show at carnivals and fairs...there are just to damn many coincidences of people knowing people and Hansen visiting Patterson...Hell, good long life friends randomly drive thousands of miles to visit let alone see a stranger unless of course you have something or have the urgent need to know something...and if it wasn't important then why not pick up the phone?...

I do know, as an avid pro kill for discovery, I would think long and hard before I shot a bipedal animal in the north west and BC...something just ain't right about those critters...I watched MQ a few weeks to a month ago with one man, forget his name and credentials, say the tracks he was looking at looked human...looked human to me as well...by no means am I any type of expert on anything but I do know a bit about tracks...

Below is the Iceman...shot in the eye knocking the other eye out along with part of the back of the skull missing plus shot in the chest...showed up in 1967...an accurate time period is unknown but it is reported the Iceman was being displayed sometime in the fall of that year...don't let this time period be an obstacle in your opinion with the Bluff Creek Incident...Titmus was hunting these creatures long before the Bluff Creek Incident and could have possibly killed a creature before Green, Dahinden and party went to document...Titmus could leave his home being in the Bluff Creek area within the hour...he was a tracker/hunter/taxidermist...

What part of the Iceman doesn't look human?...

Crispy Critter
Crispy Critter

July 9th, 2009, 7:40 pm #6

That ole MID TARSEL BREAK crap again. Bout tired of hearing that crap. Munn did a good job opresenting things though and his computer stuff looked very good. Darn sure wished I could afford some of the software they had on the show.
Munn was good.

I can't for the life of me figure out why a show with those resources, can't figure out when there will be 3 feet of snow at Bluff Creek, making their mission there useless.

They acted surprised that there was snow............. after a big build up on the expedition. That was a joke.

Munn was the high point. Bumbledrum was the same old song and dance.

The other two guys - I guess they just need people to say "this is all bunk".

DonDon
DonDon

July 9th, 2009, 7:44 pm #7

Any good podiatrist will tell you meldrum is full of sxxx...it took us months of stills and animations with proof Green was at Bluff Creek with camera in hand and Titmus in a hunting situation before people eventually began thinking Green may not be as stand up a man as thought...do I think he has done some good for BF research...sure to a point...but he has also set us back over forty years concerning the PNW Sasquatch...he knows exactly what they killed...and IMO...Hansen showed one around as a side show at carnivals and fairs...there are just to damn many coincidences of people knowing people and Hansen visiting Patterson...Hell, good long life friends randomly drive thousands of miles to visit let alone see a stranger unless of course you have something or have the urgent need to know something...and if it wasn't important then why not pick up the phone?...

I do know, as an avid pro kill for discovery, I would think long and hard before I shot a bipedal animal in the north west and BC...something just ain't right about those critters...I watched MQ a few weeks to a month ago with one man, forget his name and credentials, say the tracks he was looking at looked human...looked human to me as well...by no means am I any type of expert on anything but I do know a bit about tracks...

Below is the Iceman...shot in the eye knocking the other eye out along with part of the back of the skull missing plus shot in the chest...showed up in 1967...an accurate time period is unknown but it is reported the Iceman was being displayed sometime in the fall of that year...don't let this time period be an obstacle in your opinion with the Bluff Creek Incident...Titmus was hunting these creatures long before the Bluff Creek Incident and could have possibly killed a creature before Green, Dahinden and party went to document...Titmus could leave his home being in the Bluff Creek area within the hour...he was a tracker/hunter/taxidermist...

Kinda looks like this Chic That Crispy used to date. LOL LOL I saw that show as well when the guy said the foot looked human. Apes may have mid tarcel break but humans have an Arch and I've seen some high arches before. I just love Dr. M's saying that all 3 toed were hoaxed. COME ON DOWN to the south bud and see. One thig they did say last night and I really don;t know squat about cameras but somthing about people have been using the wrong refraction on the lens or something like that. It fit with a 15 degree refraction instead of the 25 people had been using. Munn estimated the creature to be bewtween 7'2" and 7'-6" so he used the average of 7'-4" tall for patty. I was half way listning to the show so you'll have to excuse me if I can;t remembe what all was said, just the highlights is all I caught

Tina
Tina

July 9th, 2009, 7:59 pm #8

I admit up front that I didn't watch the majority of this program. I was watching another t.v. show. So, I'm curious--for the members of the message board WHO DID watch the episode--what are your thoughts and feelings? I admit the moment I saw Dr. M's face, I thought, "oh well, the show will only be saved IF M.K.'s recent findings are presented...So...were they?

Ruby
Hey Ruby!I watched it I thought it could of been better to me Dr.M admitted that there is something out there.I liked the guy I think his name was Munns he said that no way a human was in a suit and he believes there is something that we dont know.It would of been better if MK's work was on there but I guess they dont want to go there.

go200mph
go200mph

July 9th, 2009, 9:01 pm #9

They had an orthopedic surgeon, Dr David Howe on with Meldrum and said his analysis of mid-tarsal break and the analysis of the "Cripple Foot Tracks" were right on.
I liked the info that came from the costume designer/researcher,Bill Munns. I had never heard that much information could be determined from blurry film. Lens was a 15mm lens, not the 25mm previously reported, Height was between 7'2" and 7'6" and he surmised that from shape of head and body physiology on film that no human could have fit into a costume of that size.
Another fella said they got a good quality video reproduction, but never mentioned any splicing and even mentioned that he didn't feel any manipulation of original film had taken place. MK definitely shows splicing occurred so I might have to disagree with that assessment.

Lonewolf
Lonewolf

July 9th, 2009, 9:39 pm #10

I find it curious that many posters here have such a hatred for Dr. Jeff Meldrum.
Citing the opinion of a podiatrist does not seem very plausible seeing as a podiatrist is limited to the study of the HUMAN foot.

po·di·a·try
NOUN:
The branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases of the human foot. Also called chiropody .

Primate anthropology to me is much more valid in the study of bigfoot.On the program last night there was an orthapedic surgeon that agreed with Meldrum. Does that make Meldrum correct? No, just like the opinion of a human podiatrist does not make him wrong.
Using the high tech equipment that meldrum is using, which I am very familiar with, and his many years of study as an anthropologist makes his theories very probable to me.

I have also seen him crucified for selling books, materials, etc. A lot of BF research groups sell items to fund further research. Is that wrong? Of course not.
Along with his credentials, Meldrum has the largest collection of alleged sasquatch tracks in the world.

My point here is this, that having a recognized and respected scientific Dr. discussing bigfoot adds credibility and validity to SCIENTIFIC research, and not just opinions.
Like him or not he is a respected member of the scientific community in the subject of primate anthropology, morphology, and paleontology.