If the Patterson film is 40 seconds...

If the Patterson film is 40 seconds...

March 5th, 2010, 2:07 pm #1

Dahinden and Green bought 30 seconds from Patterson...where the hexx did the other 10 seconds come from?...

March 5th, 2010, 3:43 pm #2

with each other...not a big deal IMO but as a hunter we realize how important communication is during a hunt...

Zubaz
Zubaz

March 6th, 2010, 6:15 am #3

Nice catch .

CoastalMike
CoastalMike

March 6th, 2010, 5:52 pm #4

with each other...not a big deal IMO but as a hunter we realize how important communication is during a hunt...

I may be imagining something but I seem to recall old dog trainer units that looked like this. I am dating myself here, but I don't recall any walkie talkies that looked like that.

Zubaz
Zubaz

March 6th, 2010, 8:17 pm #5

Interesting ... Like an early shock collar ?

I think we can aggree it is a radio device of some sorts. More stuff keeps coming up to sort out. Thanks for letting me hang around.

Z

CoastalMike
CoastalMike

March 7th, 2010, 2:28 am #6

I may be imagining something but I seem to recall old dog trainer units that looked like this. I am dating myself here, but I don't recall any walkie talkies that looked like that.
have a training collar on? would have had an electronic unit on it.

March 8th, 2010, 2:05 pm #7

I've looked closely at the film and cannot see any shock collar on the dog...

CoastalMike
CoastalMike

March 8th, 2010, 11:06 pm #8

I can't find images of the old remotes from the 60's but I will keep looking. Need some old Field and Streams....

March 8th, 2010, 11:48 pm #9

I had all of his hunting stuff given to me which included an old shock collar and unit...I can't remember when he bought it but he used it when he and I hunted back in the late 60's and 70's...I couldn't get it repaired because of age so I tossed it...it had a metallic finish with the adjustments on the front...it did have an antenna but it didn't look anything like what is in the photo...I think it was made by Tri-Tronics...almost positive but I do suffer from CRS...

CoastalMike
CoastalMike

March 11th, 2010, 5:33 pm #10

CRS=Can't remember sh**.