I'm gonna be gone for the next couple of weeks......

I'm gonna be gone for the next couple of weeks......

Cindy
Cindy

October 30th, 2009, 8:54 pm #1

(now ya'll just quit it! I heard that collective sigh of relief) 'cause I'm getting my left knee replaced on Monday.

Hopefully next BBQ I can walk around Booger Land.

scott from philly
scott from philly

October 31st, 2009, 5:15 am #2

all goes well....will need at least one in next few years myself, so curious how whole thing works....

Lou
Lou

October 31st, 2009, 9:01 am #3

(now ya'll just quit it! I heard that collective sigh of relief) 'cause I'm getting my left knee replaced on Monday.

Hope all goes well,,,n/t

October 31st, 2009, 12:55 pm #4

Next year you'll be hitting the dusty or maybe muddy trails at our BBQ...

RubyRed
RubyRed

October 31st, 2009, 2:23 pm #5

but I agree with all of the other posters. Everything is going to be fine and when it's over, you'll feel so much better. And like you got a new knee!

Sharon and Gary

Rick Tullos
Rick Tullos

October 31st, 2009, 4:13 pm #6

I'm probably gonna be a candidate for that in the next few years myself.
Dang bursitis, bone rubbing against bone, hurts worse than an abcessed tooth in my knee sometimes.
It feels so hot that I feel like I could crack an egg on my kneecap and cook it up.
You'll feel better after you have it done Cindy, my mom has had both knees replaced and a hip and has one of those pacemaker defibulater combos, I told her if she gets any more parts installed that I'm just gonna start calling her the bionic woman,,LOL.

Cindy
Cindy

October 31st, 2009, 5:55 pm #7

all goes well....will need at least one in next few years myself, so curious how whole thing works....
http://www.amazon.com/Total-Knee-Replac ... 257&sr=1-1

It answered a whole lot of questions so I knew pretty much what to expect.

Whatever you do don't watch a surgery on the internet. I watched one right before having the right knee done and almost barfed. It is a lot worse when you know that it will be happening to you in a short time, so don't do it.

Worst part pre-op is to be off all anti-inflammatories for 7 days before the surgery. I usually take a prescription NSAID twice a day and now I'm discovering all sorts of new aches and pains as well as the old ones.

Just listen to me whine!

scott from philly
scott from philly

November 1st, 2009, 3:27 am #8

Dang bursitis, bone rubbing against bone, hurts worse than an abcessed tooth in my knee sometimes.
It feels so hot that I feel like I could crack an egg on my kneecap and cook it up.
You'll feel better after you have it done Cindy, my mom has had both knees replaced and a hip and has one of those pacemaker defibulater combos, I told her if she gets any more parts installed that I'm just gonna start calling her the bionic woman,,LOL.
a cortisone shot every 6-8 weeks in each of mine....feels like a champ for a while after

I have stress fractures all in joints of mine, no cartilage, and 4 repaired ligaments in both....can relate to that pain!.....have found a new Tylenol, Tylenol Muscle that seems to do trick on pain also

Grumpy
Grumpy

November 1st, 2009, 2:44 pm #9

and do as the youngsters do, buy a quad and take the stress off the old body, will probably get to see some areas of MC I've never seen while walking and enjoy it more..... now I know why they stay up all night, they didn't wear themselves out all day hiking, like I do, all they had was a sore thumb from keeping the throttle depressed.....

Cindy
Cindy

November 1st, 2009, 6:44 pm #10

a cortisone shot every 6-8 weeks in each of mine....feels like a champ for a while after

I have stress fractures all in joints of mine, no cartilage, and 4 repaired ligaments in both....can relate to that pain!.....have found a new Tylenol, Tylenol Muscle that seems to do trick on pain also
Sounds like you are far beyond the point when you should have new knees. If you have insurance, now would be a good time!

In college I was in a car wreck that shattered both kneecaps. Between osteoarthritis, lupus, high mileage and bad genetics the joints slowly but surely deteriorated.

I have had multiple series of the Suparts injections (hyaluronic acid)and then to the steroid injections as the meniscuses tore and were removed or worn away and my legs started bowing.

Bone on bone is no way to go through life, son.

The steroid injections are making the bone deteriorate even as they make the joint feel better for a short time.

About now would be a wonderful time for brand new knees! Believe me, after about 2 months of physical therapy you will wonder why you didn't get it done sooner.