I heard on Thursday's nightly news...

I heard on Thursday's nightly news...

nellie
nellie

September 25th, 2009, 7:16 am #1

that a teacher who was working as a census worker was found hung with a noose up in Kentucky in the Daniel Boone Natl Forest.
The story made me remember the census worker who stopped (I believe it was MH's home)and then a second one came by his home. Maybe some one else got the same treatment, they got angry, and their mind just snapped...who knows. It's a warning for all who want to be a census workers.

September 25th, 2009, 2:14 pm #2

probably stumbled up on something he wasn't suppose to see...or maybe just working for the government pixxed those folks off enough to get a rope?...

Crispy Critter
Crispy Critter

September 25th, 2009, 2:16 pm #3

that a teacher who was working as a census worker was found hung with a noose up in Kentucky in the Daniel Boone Natl Forest.
The story made me remember the census worker who stopped (I believe it was MH's home)and then a second one came by his home. Maybe some one else got the same treatment, they got angry, and their mind just snapped...who knows. It's a warning for all who want to be a census workers.
In that part of KY.

Absolutely beautiful area. Wonderful folks.

That said, it is also Appalachia, and folks up there are not real big government fans. Lot of stills back in them hollers. A lot of land that was in families for generations taken by the FED's through immanent domain to create the Boone Forest.

They don't take kindly to strangers knocking on their doors and asking questions. Especially if they are working for the government.

I am not justifying what happened. I am saying I am not completely surprised.

I am surprised they left the body to be found.

The census department may want to rethink it's new policy of being a pain in everyone's rear this time around. I would hate to see this happen to anyone else.

I would also hate for the government to do what they normally do - over react - and create a worse situation. Like when the mining massacre happened.

Rick Tullos
Rick Tullos

September 26th, 2009, 2:02 pm #4

<embed src="http://www.tk421.net/gallery/sounds/liver.wav" autostart="true" width="144" height="72" style="background-color:inherit">
Just had to throw that little bit in there.