I do like exploring in old abandoned houses...

I do like exploring in old abandoned houses...

May 17th, 2012, 7:26 pm #1

Any time I have the opportunity I like to get in and look around in old abandoned homes...personally I've haven't found any sure enough BF sign but it would make sense the beasts might lay up in them during inclement weather...have any or do any of you explore these old abandoned houses?...

hogue34
hogue34

May 17th, 2012, 7:41 pm #2

...they use abandoned homes and cabins that are open, especially those in the middle of nowhere.

Timberghost
Timberghost

May 17th, 2012, 8:37 pm #3

Any time I have the opportunity I like to get in and look around in old abandoned homes...personally I've haven't found any sure enough BF sign but it would make sense the beasts might lay up in them during inclement weather...have any or do any of you explore these old abandoned houses?...
I actually jumped a monster out of a old abandoned trailer once. A couple years later my brother jumped one out of a old ran down house less than a mile away.

woodswatcher
woodswatcher

May 17th, 2012, 9:26 pm #4

until you find a old man sitting a recliner in a house that has shown no signs of habitation in years.

he was friendly and gave us a tour.
creepy as hell.

May 17th, 2012, 11:48 pm #5

have told me they highly suspect Monsters using these old abandoned homes here in Louisiana...last couple I've been in the old mattresses were torn to pieces, crap scattered everywhere but it appeared to me it was done by smaller animals...there are a few down close to the ladies I want to go check out with Doug...old buses and smaller fishing and hunting camps...near the lake...

May 17th, 2012, 11:58 pm #6

Took a few more but I guess the ghosts got in the way since they are blurry...

woodswatcher
woodswatcher

May 18th, 2012, 2:30 am #7

if monkees are using them, the smell would hit you at the door.

MissippiMike
MissippiMike

May 18th, 2012, 3:34 am #8

In the summer of 1984 I was between semesters at USM in Hattiesburg and I got a job as a "doodlebugger" with a Seismographic oil exploration crew called Seis-Pros out of Houston. We came up on many old abandoned houses while running lines(I was on the Survery crew). Never SAW anything but a couple of those abandoned houses smelled like a skunk had been in them or was still in em! One place WAY BACK in the swamps and marshes somewhere outside of LaRose and Cutoff had a legend about a "wild-man" who lived back in an area we were surveying. It creeped us all out and we didn't go in as far as we had planned that particular day. We all felt like we were being watched, but of course that's as far as I took it back then, had never heard of BF I don't think back then. Those parts of Louisiana were like being on a different planet they were so different than where I was from. A very memorable summer and I went back to school with a regenerized commitment to school.

Okiebear
Okiebear

May 18th, 2012, 12:08 pm #9

until you find a old man sitting a recliner in a house that has shown no signs of habitation in years.

he was friendly and gave us a tour.
creepy as hell.
Sounds like my luck!

OB

woodswatcher
woodswatcher

May 18th, 2012, 3:55 pm #10

with 3 friends and my brother. the most creepy house in town. delapidated, broken windows, no sign of life in the house in 5-6 years. my parents and grandparents knew nothing about its previous inhabitants which was odd for a small town.

we are running around one day and we decide we are gonna check it out. we walk in like we own the place.. it place was dusty, nasty but in a 1960 time warp for 1987-88. we walk all over the house for 5-6 minutes, then we notice an old man sleeping in a recliner. OLLLLLLDDDDDD MAN. my body froze, but my brain jumped out of my skull when I saw him. I thought he was dead. we had to yell to get him to hear us.

he was friendly, we BS'd told him we thought no one lived there. I think he was a Hobo Squatter that managed to live well past Hobo Squatter life expectancy.

certainly a scene that would have been perfect in a movie. definately an Ohhh **** Moment. we still talk about it to this day when we all get together.

no booze was involved... just one of those, "Hey lets go inside the creeper house" as we drove by moments.