Heading into the woods in a few, back tomorrow.. n/t

Heading into the woods in a few, back tomorrow.. n/t

August 11th, 2012, 3:14 pm #1

n/t

August 11th, 2012, 3:26 pm #2

Watch for snakes and the blood thirsty critters...

August 12th, 2012, 11:28 pm #3

n/t
Found a nice area, although is hasn't been used in awhile, all possible shelter area(s) where in need of repair with fresh vegetation, this area is Way off the beaten path where 2 small creeks merge and has Bambo, lots of vines and muscadine grapes plus a few turtle shells. Also for the first time in this area we heard no locator calls, which we always heard at both dusk and around 0030 hours every other time we have been there so the critters have possibly moved several miles in any direction following a food source.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

August 12th, 2012, 11:33 pm #4

Actually this area is a canyon between two ridges and narrows quickly as you proceed down stream making it almost impossible to continue along the creek, you must move up the ridge along either side where we found a few well used trail systems leading into the area.

Shewolf
Shewolf

August 13th, 2012, 5:55 am #5

Found a nice area, although is hasn't been used in awhile, all possible shelter area(s) where in need of repair with fresh vegetation, this area is Way off the beaten path where 2 small creeks merge and has Bambo, lots of vines and muscadine grapes plus a few turtle shells. Also for the first time in this area we heard no locator calls, which we always heard at both dusk and around 0030 hours every other time we have been there so the critters have possibly moved several miles in any direction following a food source.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Awesome finds Grumpy!

Monster Hunter
Monster Hunter

August 13th, 2012, 2:51 pm #6

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
"Also for the first time in this area we heard no locator calls, which we always heard at both dusk and around 0030 hours every other time we have been there so the critters have possibly moved several miles in any direction following a food source"

Or...just being quiet watching you and the group...but I do believe you are right...

August 13th, 2012, 3:41 pm #7

but what I didn't say was way before dusk we put single researchers North, East, South and West about 50-100 yds from the main group with amplified hearing to listen for the critters sneaking up on the group and to also listen for the locator whistles without the talking and laughing from the main group who were sitting around in chairs talking, laughing and acting as a group would just sitting around in Base Camp.

August 13th, 2012, 4:18 pm #8

You left out those details...as long as you had some fun it was worth the trip....

August 13th, 2012, 5:53 pm #9

and I would have had more fun if the hike back to base wasn't uphill...... old age has caught up with me.

Big D
Big D

August 13th, 2012, 10:28 pm #10

Now Grumpy. I was there and I though you did just fine. You walked my butt into the ground on a hot muggy Georgia afternoon.
Last edited by tiny on August 13th, 2012, 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.