Gen 2 & 3

Gen 2 & 3

J
J

October 7th, 2010, 9:46 pm #1

What is the best place to find Gen 2 & 3 nightvision glasses or scopes? Asking for a friend. New or Used.
J.

October 7th, 2010, 10:05 pm #2

Remember...NVII or III is great in open areas that have light...open timber and fields...not worth a quarter in thickets or areas with heavy canopy...IMO...spot light is much better and cheaper in open areas...a quality flash light in thickets and areas of heavy canopy...Monsters usually don't get caught out in open areas...

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_kw=vision& ... ii&_kw=iii

DonDon
DonDon

October 7th, 2010, 10:28 pm #3

What is the best place to find Gen 2 & 3 nightvision glasses or scopes? Asking for a friend. New or Used.
J.
While I really loved mine, this economy forced me to sell them. I had the same one's Bobbie had, gen III's but they do have some drawbacks. Forget using with IR, Monsters can see it. Then if you are in the woods with many leaves on the trees doing your looking and even with a full moon, there's not enough ambient light for them to be useful. Now in the winter time with all the leaves gone, they work great and you can see up to 50 to 75 feet or so clearly enough to determine what you are looking at. Whoever this is you're talking to, tell them to not get gen II's, save up a few bucks and spend it on the III's. As soon as things pick back up, I'm saving for thermal. With regular NV, something can stand still at 50 feet behind a bush looking at you and you won;t see them til they move. They can't hide from Thermal. If he just has to have them, Ebay like Jim said is where you'll get your best deal. For a good set, you might get lucky and get out with paying about $2,700 if someone is desperate to sell like I was. I paid $3,200 and sold them for $2,500 or so, really can't remember exactly

October 7th, 2010, 11:03 pm #4

one night in a cut over with some brush...couldn't see the deer with Gen III but could clearly see it with thermal and my spot light...three of us tried using the NV with Brian getting out and walking the road towards the deer...just not good enough equipment to hunt a dark colored Monster in brush, a thicket or timber with a canopy...

Funny story...

When we left that night Tim and I walked to the field where there were a few cows and horses...Brian went back to close and lock the double gates...Something large got up out of the ditch next to the gates and ran off...Scared the sxxx out of my coonaxx partner...BTW...in an open pasture using the Gen III we could clearly make out cows several hundred yards away...

Torrey
Torrey

October 8th, 2010, 3:35 am #5

While I really loved mine, this economy forced me to sell them. I had the same one's Bobbie had, gen III's but they do have some drawbacks. Forget using with IR, Monsters can see it. Then if you are in the woods with many leaves on the trees doing your looking and even with a full moon, there's not enough ambient light for them to be useful. Now in the winter time with all the leaves gone, they work great and you can see up to 50 to 75 feet or so clearly enough to determine what you are looking at. Whoever this is you're talking to, tell them to not get gen II's, save up a few bucks and spend it on the III's. As soon as things pick back up, I'm saving for thermal. With regular NV, something can stand still at 50 feet behind a bush looking at you and you won;t see them til they move. They can't hide from Thermal. If he just has to have them, Ebay like Jim said is where you'll get your best deal. For a good set, you might get lucky and get out with paying about $2,700 if someone is desperate to sell like I was. I paid $3,200 and sold them for $2,500 or so, really can't remember exactly
I sent you an email the other day. Did you get it? It did not come back as undeliverable ; so I assume it is a good one.

DonDon
DonDon

October 8th, 2010, 2:02 pm #6

and I emailed you back and it didn't come back as undeliverable either. huh, I'll resend it my man

October 8th, 2010, 7:48 pm #7

one night in a cut over with some brush...couldn't see the deer with Gen III but could clearly see it with thermal and my spot light...three of us tried using the NV with Brian getting out and walking the road towards the deer...just not good enough equipment to hunt a dark colored Monster in brush, a thicket or timber with a canopy...

Funny story...

When we left that night Tim and I walked to the field where there were a few cows and horses...Brian went back to close and lock the double gates...Something large got up out of the ditch next to the gates and ran off...Scared the sxxx out of my coonaxx partner...BTW...in an open pasture using the Gen III we could clearly make out cows several hundred yards away...
In nearly complete darkness you can still make out figures and movement once your eyes get adjusted to the darkness...walking trails and lanes using a flash light is nearly useless hunting a Monster at night...the Monster can see the light and the light shining on trees and brush cause the light to reflect blinding a person...

Before the knees got bad I seldom walked the lanes at MC using a light at night...always had one with me but seldom used it...hearing comes in real handy though but now I can't hear like I use to...