Found these today....

Found these today....

Timberghost
Timberghost

May 9th, 2011, 4:39 pm #1

I think I'm having three toed visitors going by the shape of these impressions. I found these about 75 yards from my house this morning and I didn't have a clue they were here. Of course, that happens a lot and I'd probably be surprised to know exactly how often they do come around.

Two smaller ones both with a "Banana" shape and the camera wouldn't pick them up well.

[/IMG]

A larger impression to the right and right beside the large rock...

[/IMG]

Judging by the shape I think this large impression is possibly a 3 toed animal but the toes were not visible..

[/IMG]

A cigarette pack for comparison. I'm guessing this impression is around 16 inches long.

[/IMG]

May 10th, 2011, 1:02 pm #2

The smaller heel compared to the ball of the foot...Nice Timber and as always...thanks for sharing...

DonDon
DonDon

May 10th, 2011, 1:25 pm #3

I think I'm having three toed visitors going by the shape of these impressions. I found these about 75 yards from my house this morning and I didn't have a clue they were here. Of course, that happens a lot and I'd probably be surprised to know exactly how often they do come around.

Two smaller ones both with a "Banana" shape and the camera wouldn't pick them up well.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Judging by the shape I think this large impression is possibly a 3 toed animal but the toes were not visible..

[/IMG]

A cigarette pack for comparison. I'm guessing this impression is around 16 inches long.

[/IMG]
Looks real fresh

Okiebear
Okiebear

May 10th, 2011, 1:52 pm #4

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
When on all fours wouldn't you think they use the front part of their foot more? Heel in the air? Just thinking out loud I guess......

OB

May 10th, 2011, 2:27 pm #5

They do use the ball of their foot...on a casual stroll they use their complete foot but walk on the outside edge...therefore the arch shaped foot...

Nellie
Nellie

May 10th, 2011, 7:29 pm #6

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
That's a bigum!...n/t

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

May 11th, 2011, 7:32 pm #7

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Only 75 yards from your house?!?!?

So near........and yet....so far........................

Wow.

-Mike in NC

Timberghost
Timberghost

May 11th, 2011, 11:14 pm #8

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
What I find more strange than the photo's above is this three toed dog looking track. I wouldn't think much about it only all four feet had only three toes. If it were just one foot I would think maybe a dog got his foot in a trap or something, but no way just three toes on all four feet. Anyone know what this is? Could it be a track from one of my Hissin Critters?
These tracks were found beside the Monster tracks above...

[/IMG]

May 12th, 2011, 12:07 am #9

Yeah I like those tracks Timber...to me they're as interesting if not more interesting then Monster tracks...look identical to a dogs track other then the three toes...

SAsquatcher
SAsquatcher

May 12th, 2011, 1:28 am #10

Half monster, half yorkie,,,lol.