Few posts must mean...

Few posts must mean...

January 8th, 2011, 5:50 pm #1

Everyone is in the woods...good for all of you...post what you find or nearly found when you return...Jake and I are hooked up on the shed trying to beat the bad weather coming into our area late afternoon and tomorrow so doubt seriously we'll have time to go...it is satisfying knowing everyone else is out snooping around though and not laying around the house watching TV...

Doc
Doc

January 8th, 2011, 6:45 pm #2

...that so many people do not realize what we have here.

As our policy is to not foul our local nest, I have not posted several good reports from non-affliated people but you guys know the truth already. They are HERE. I am convinced we are one of the top ten places (The Big Woods, ie mid southeast OK thru Fouke, Caddo, MC, Sabine to Big thicket)in the country.

Everytime I think about going to Pac MW I ask myself WHY ??? At least I know something about where to look here.

I am going to do a second recon of 12 mile bayou, maybe today. You can go from caddo lake to town in the woods. the guy with the big momma and young last spring is about as credible a report as I have heard.

BTW I recently heard a story of summer family reunion near Mira and a family member was pulled on the ankle by a big dark hand thru open window on porch while sleeping. Family didn't consider it family pranking but Sasquatch. Of course, how far is Fouke from Mira , not far

QUESTION: How do these critters cross I-20 (and don't say carefully either . This is a huge barrier to their movement. I am looking for a BIG culvert between here and Waskom. There are a few for I49 before Stonewall that I have walked thru. I find little sign at Wallace Lake but more at Bisteneau.

Ideas appreciated

Let me share one last thought and I will cease and desist for a while (and check my Lithium level;-) A lady who was a relative of a reporter said "where do they go in the daytime". I said I DK but shared the standard type answers but it got me to thinking more. Here is a theory. A triangle is the simplest closed geometric figure. With 3 daywatchers in a triangle the rest can sleep practically anywhere and get signalled if humans encroach and they simply re-group and go back to bedding down. This method would allow adaptive sleeping anywhere with impenetrable perimeter.

January 8th, 2011, 9:36 pm #3

Monsters are everywhere down here more so then thought...I use to talk to hunters making it a point to ask if they had seen or heard anything unfamiliar in the woods...most would tell me they hadn't seen anything but have heard unusual whistles and calls...a few hunters who have had sightings will not hunt anymore period or certainly not back in that area...

Something about the Monsters folks need to be aware of...here the reason you couldn't slip up on them...they have hides near all the entries into the property...I would think they would in other areas of activity as well...I have my doubts if anyone could slip up on bedding Monsters...I know I can't...I believe I've jumped them from bedding areas but didn't see them...heard something run off and a few minutes later have something scream at me...

FYI...and a piece of information you may not be aware of...while out and about poking around during the day if you hear something that sounds like a bird stress call and an answer it ain't a bird...

Break is over...back to work...

D. Fisher
D. Fisher

January 9th, 2011, 1:01 am #4

Everyone is in the woods...good for all of you...post what you find or nearly found when you return...Jake and I are hooked up on the shed trying to beat the bad weather coming into our area late afternoon and tomorrow so doubt seriously we'll have time to go...it is satisfying knowing everyone else is out snooping around though and not laying around the house watching TV...
Since I cant hoof it anymore I've had to come up with a few short cuts. Just bought a canoe and 2.5 hp motor, put er in the river or creek or lake drive to where I want to snoop around. So I've been outfitting to get back in the hunt.

People dont realize the importance of air until you cant enough, I know I didnt.

Mr. Phelps
Mr. Phelps

January 9th, 2011, 1:07 am #5

Sounds like how we have to scout down here D! Lol

January 9th, 2011, 1:15 am #6

Since I cant hoof it anymore I've had to come up with a few short cuts. Just bought a canoe and 2.5 hp motor, put er in the river or creek or lake drive to where I want to snoop around. So I've been outfitting to get back in the hunt.

People dont realize the importance of air until you cant enough, I know I didnt.
But you made a way to go...I admire a man who does that...shows me you have that burning curiosity like I and few have...good for you my man...what we need is others out and about looking around...I'd much rather be in the woods then sitting around watching television...

One reason skeptics are skeptical....they sit on that arse, write long winded posts about something they don't know a damn thing about...and I mean nothing...to be honest I think most skeptics are afraid of the dark...LOL...they don't want Monsters to exist...

D. Fisher
D. Fisher

January 9th, 2011, 1:56 am #7

Dave and I can get to places using the small waterways that most cant get to and camp in some of the wildest areas that may have not seen a human in years. We find sign, we make camp for the night simple as that.

Since we do most of our research in Oklahoma we went as far as buying lifetime fishing license for that state. Might as well catch a few along the way.

Our new motto "Make it Happen" and we will.

woodswatcher
woodswatcher

January 9th, 2011, 5:58 am #8

we roll right into Duck Hunting after Deer Season. When that is over we will get back into the deep woods.

i'm just now getting some rest after Duck Hunting alot with my boy over the holiday break from school.

We've got some things we are working on as a Monkee Project that might get finished by March if the weather holds.

SAsquatcher
SAsquatcher

January 9th, 2011, 7:07 am #9

But you made a way to go...I admire a man who does that...shows me you have that burning curiosity like I and few have...good for you my man...what we need is others out and about looking around...I'd much rather be in the woods then sitting around watching television...

One reason skeptics are skeptical....they sit on that arse, write long winded posts about something they don't know a damn thing about...and I mean nothing...to be honest I think most skeptics are afraid of the dark...LOL...they don't want Monsters to exist...
Are the so called "Experts".
They fuel the skeptics because they don't go into the woods or when they do go in they have these preconceived notions that land them flat on their face and empty handed.

The only way you are going to get any real monster action is if you go looking for it on the monsters terms!
Jim I agree with something you said in an interview a couple of years back "These animals don't have any HBO or Cinemax, we are their HBO", very true.
I think when these "Experts" enter the woods, the monsters look at it more like the comedy channel,,LOL!
We have some folks in our group that I consider to be pretty dang close to REAL experts because they spend time in the woods and find out what these animals do rather than reading a book about them, don't get me wrong, books are good but nothing is better than experience!
What I consider to be a real expert is somebody who gets into the woods and learns what these animals really do first hand rather than relying on what some book says because I can tell you that what these critters do varies from area to area and you can't always use the same tactics and come up with the same results in every area, you have to get the "lay of the land" so to speak.
It's all patience and experience and remaining open and teachable!

January 9th, 2011, 1:53 pm #10

we roll right into Duck Hunting after Deer Season. When that is over we will get back into the deep woods.

i'm just now getting some rest after Duck Hunting alot with my boy over the holiday break from school.

We've got some things we are working on as a Monkee Project that might get finished by March if the weather holds.
Though we have some bad weather off and on overall here in the south weather does permit us to be out doors this time of year...google an area...National Park, lake, river or creeks...get out and look around a bit...you might be surprised what you find...if nothing else you'll get some exercise...hexx of a lot more to life then sitting around eating and watching TV so get out there and enjoy the out doors...a couple of hours in the woods is excellent mental and physical therapy...ask anyone who does this on a regular basis...

The most relaxing time for me is when I'm in the woods doing nothing but poking around...