Fact or Faked

Fact or Faked

Mr. Phelps
Mr. Phelps

June 13th, 2012, 5:41 pm #1

After watching a few of the Fact or Faked series...it strikes me that these folks are just a different form of Myth Busters. All they seem to worry about is their gadgets and gizmos, and who gets how many speaking lines in one episode or series! Probably gonna have to miss the rest! Thoughts?

June 13th, 2012, 6:15 pm #2

Who in their right mind would submit anything for them to investigate?...I watched a little last night and was impressed that a few good old boys from MS. used a Tesla generator for one of their ghost pictures...Genius...unfortunately they were hoaxers but I do applaud their collective efforts...

RubyRed
RubyRed

June 13th, 2012, 11:47 pm #3

After watching a few of the Fact or Faked series...it strikes me that these folks are just a different form of Myth Busters. All they seem to worry about is their gadgets and gizmos, and who gets how many speaking lines in one episode or series! Probably gonna have to miss the rest! Thoughts?
They never research the paranormal shows that have already debunked or investigated the videos they selected and all UFO videos bore me! I also do not like to watch their stupid attempts at replicating videos and also, no one is going to admit on national television that they have hoaxed the video being checked out. So, I watch something else until the last half of each part of that show (they usually investigate 2 videos) to see what they discovered about the video. All the other follerol is boring to me.

That said, I AM grateful to "Fact or Faked" for debunking the Villa Main Road ghost children who allegedly push vehicles across railroad tracks there. Supposedly children killed in a train/bus accident are the ones who do the pushing.They researched that bus/train accident and found it happened in Seattle not San Antonio. Geography is the reason why cars, buses,trucks roll up to and over the train tracks. Villa Main road actually slopes downward over 45 degrees and an optical allusion prevents one from seeing the slope. They brought surveying equipment to test their theory and sure enough there was a downward slope causing cars to roll, as if pushed by invisible hands.

THAT was a great show because IF I'd heard it said once, I'd heard it said a 100 times that poor little ghost hands pushed cars over those tracks. I refer all students, who mention those San Antonio train tracks, to that episode of "Fact or Faked" and tell them NOT to believe every ghost story they hear.

Carry one but remain calm

Nellie
Nellie

June 14th, 2012, 2:21 am #4

I'm always on the look-out for large eye shine or strange shadows or sounds that they may happen upon in their investigations. Any of those shows that have people traipsing around out in the woods looking for ghost or monsters of some kind are always entertaining to me.

Crispy
Crispy

June 14th, 2012, 3:45 pm #5

Is about as dopey as they come.

Sadly I just read House Hunters is all faked.

Next thing you know, I will find out the NFL is rigged.......

June 14th, 2012, 4:02 pm #6

I saw this yesterday while the Rangers were in a rain delay...remove a haunted object and all is fine...I can't even remember the object damnit...CRS...a terrible disease that most suffer with age...

Crispy
Crispy

June 16th, 2012, 3:51 pm #7

I have made it through an entire episode of that one.

I still watch Ghost Hunters every now and then.

RubyRed
RubyRed

June 16th, 2012, 10:52 pm #8

I saw this yesterday while the Rangers were in a rain delay...remove a haunted object and all is fine...I can't even remember the object damnit...CRS...a terrible disease that most suffer with age...
Haunted Collector and the item on this week's show was a garrotte...it had been hidden on purpose in the wall in the attic. There's something weird going on our planet these days--and the interest (or over interest) in the paranormal is a symptom of it. I can recall the days when you got scary movies only around Halloween time. Now, you turn on a channel...and someone's stirring the atmosphere looking for spooks.