Drought looks to be over...

Drought looks to be over...

December 22nd, 2011, 2:55 pm #1

Ponds are almost back to normal...Rained all night and continues this morning...I may have lost one of my planted oaks this past summer that was about 10 years old...damnit...but for us who live in the drought region we welcome any and all rain...we've had droughts before but not in two consecutive years and I hope this coming summer won't be as hot/humid as the past two...let it rain...just no snow and ice until next year about the middle of Janusary...then...very little...

RubyRed
RubyRed

December 22nd, 2011, 4:11 pm #2

but we are still in a deficit down here, although hearing the rain beat against our window pane last night was soothing. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, MH to you and your family.

December 22nd, 2011, 11:38 pm #3

and wishing you a prosperous New Year...

KJ
KJ

December 28th, 2011, 12:23 am #4

Ponds are almost back to normal...Rained all night and continues this morning...I may have lost one of my planted oaks this past summer that was about 10 years old...damnit...but for us who live in the drought region we welcome any and all rain...we've had droughts before but not in two consecutive years and I hope this coming summer won't be as hot/humid as the past two...let it rain...just no snow and ice until next year about the middle of Janusary...then...very little...
Glad to hear that the drought might be over. I have a good friend that currently lives between Houston and Galveston, Tx and due to her health and how the weather effects her, I always check on the weather out there. Local weather forcasting a mild winter thus far for my general location and last night we had a long soaking rain for almost 12 hours with close to 2 inches just last night.