Doc's research photos...

Doc's research photos...

February 17th, 2010, 8:48 pm #1

Doc's track...notice the narrowness of the heel compared to the ball and the V shape...by looking at the track that's an older larger Monster...these Monsters, here in our area, as they get older the ball of the foot widens considerably more then what I have seen, by pictures, of the PNW creatures...

Scat...The color reminds me of scat I have found at MC which had green pine needles in it and about the same time of the year...

Another photo of the scat...

February 17th, 2010, 8:49 pm #2

I don't think I could do the taste test on...

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

February 17th, 2010, 8:52 pm #3

Doc's track...notice the narrowness of the heel compared to the ball and the V shape...by looking at the track that's an older larger Monster...these Monsters, here in our area, as they get older the ball of the foot widens considerably more then what I have seen, by pictures, of the PNW creatures...

Scat...The color reminds me of scat I have found at MC which had green pine needles in it and about the same time of the year...

and thank God smell-o-vision is yet to be invented.

Those two poop pics made my nose wrinkle just out of habit (from scoopin' dog poop at home)

LOL

Again - congrats to Doc on his finds!

-Mike in NC

Terry
Terry

February 17th, 2010, 9:31 pm #4

this to the photos you posted of the human "unshoed" tracks, the toes aren't spread as they probably should be. It's odd that toe imprints would be in a neat little line isn't it?

t.
Last edited by tiny on February 17th, 2010, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terry
Terry

February 17th, 2010, 9:34 pm #5

it looks like claw impressions at the toes. I gotta go with bear tracks. Were there any other prints?

t.

February 17th, 2010, 9:50 pm #6

this to the photos you posted of the human "unshoed" tracks, the toes aren't spread as they probably should be. It's odd that toe imprints would be in a neat little line isn't it?

t.
Substrate doesn't allow us to see the other two toes which BTW would be a Monster with five...and doesn't allow us to see the spread in a muddy substrate as you would on a harder surface...mud here, we have a sandy/clay soil in most areas, tends to stick as you walk and distorts the originality of the track...walk in our areas and you'll weigh a lot more when you get back then what you did when you left...our mud is the good stuff...

If this track was perfect in our mud I would think a possible hoax...IMO...the track is Monster...

February 17th, 2010, 9:55 pm #7

it looks like claw impressions at the toes. I gotta go with bear tracks. Were there any other prints?

t.
We don't have any bears this far north unless one or some have migrated up from the south or north from another state...this has happened before several years back north of us and more then several years back south of us...

But by looking at the track...it looks identical to the tracks I have seen and have seen the Monster that made them...other then the five toes they look to be about the same...

February 17th, 2010, 10:33 pm #8

The differences...three toes compared to five...same V shape...narrow heel with a broad ball...these tracks were found in a mound of maze my father-in-law poured that morning for the quail we saw the late afternoon before...larger track was around 18 to 19 inches...smaller track around 8 if I remember correctly...I poured these tracks the next day...below these we found and cast some huge half tracks...just the ball and toes...three toes with the size of this big toe the size of my fist...we also cast another track in a mole mound...perfect track that I went down one late night to collect...had a strange critter breaking trees, brush and limbs following me back and forth from the pickup while I was picking up these tracks and apparently I stepped on the track that was excellent...this was back before I became interested in Monsters and had no idea what made the tracks and what I could hear breaking trees and brush...though I didn't know any critter capable of doing this what really got my attention was the deep growl breathing...that was kind of scary...LOL...I knew I was ready to leave that dark bottom when I left...

Years back I had a man come down for a few days...he left having the sxxx scared out of him but called me to return...I told him he was welcome with him telling me he was coming back as soon as he found a pair of brass bxxxx...that was the good old days when you didn't have to hunt/search for them...they would come find you...

chattahoocheebigfoot
chattahoocheebigfoot

February 17th, 2010, 11:11 pm #9

t.
I don't believe they are claw impressions. I believe that due to the muddy surface being hard and brittle that the foot itself crumbled the mud around the toe areas. Bear claws would also be longer too and not so stubby.

Jeff

D. Fisher
D. Fisher

February 17th, 2010, 11:23 pm #10

The differences...three toes compared to five...same V shape...narrow heel with a broad ball...these tracks were found in a mound of maze my father-in-law poured that morning for the quail we saw the late afternoon before...larger track was around 18 to 19 inches...smaller track around 8 if I remember correctly...I poured these tracks the next day...below these we found and cast some huge half tracks...just the ball and toes...three toes with the size of this big toe the size of my fist...we also cast another track in a mole mound...perfect track that I went down one late night to collect...had a strange critter breaking trees, brush and limbs following me back and forth from the pickup while I was picking up these tracks and apparently I stepped on the track that was excellent...this was back before I became interested in Monsters and had no idea what made the tracks and what I could hear breaking trees and brush...though I didn't know any critter capable of doing this what really got my attention was the deep growl breathing...that was kind of scary...LOL...I knew I was ready to leave that dark bottom when I left...

Years back I had a man come down for a few days...he left having the sxxx scared out of him but called me to return...I told him he was welcome with him telling me he was coming back as soon as he found a pair of brass bxxxx...that was the good old days when you didn't have to hunt/search for them...they would come find you...

I know for sure there are no bears in the area of this track.

[/IMG]