Did you know that a Tasmanian Wolf?...

Did you know that a Tasmanian Wolf?...

November 13th, 2010, 10:56 pm #1

Was not a wolf nor a tiger. It was a marsupial, related to kangaroos.

November 13th, 2010, 11:02 pm #2

Now you know what I do at half time...

November 14th, 2010, 12:35 am #3

It is a common mistake to say that The Great wall of China is visible from outer space. It is too thin to be noticed from such a great distance. There are no man made structures that are visible from space or moon. Man made objects start to disappear after 300 miles up. From that distance you can barely see the outline of the Great China Wall. If we consider that distance from Earth to Moon is around 384,403 kilometers/238,857 miles then we can draw reasonable conclusion that it would be impossible to see any man-made structures from such a distance. Astronaut Alan Bean said: "The only thing you can see from the moon is a beautiful sphere, mostly white (clouds), some blue (ocean), patches of yellow (deserts), and every once in a while some green vegetation. No man-made object is visible on this scale. In fact, when first leaving earth's orbit and only a few thousand miles away, no man-made object is visible at that point either."

Crispy Critter
Crispy Critter

November 14th, 2010, 1:23 am #4

I would consider that outer space. I'm not a mathematician nor and astrophysicist - but I think that is past our atmosphere...LOL Farther thanb I can throw a rock!

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

November 14th, 2010, 2:51 am #5

Mmmmmmm....... Calamari! Where's the sauce??? :) n/t

Rick Tullos
Rick Tullos

November 14th, 2010, 1:35 pm #6

Was not a wolf nor a tiger. It was a marsupial, related to kangaroos.

There was a scientist who wants to try to find some DNA and try to clone them in an attempt to repopulate the species.
I think it was on monster quest.
Here I believe is a link to the show.
http://monsterquesttvshow.wetpaint.com/ ... nian+Tiger

Anaconda
Anaconda

November 14th, 2010, 2:04 pm #7

San Diego is a Coast Guard-Navy-Marine town, those squid washed ashore already dead.

Squid are incredibly strong self-propelled jet-engines, they do not just wash ashore...unless they are dead already. Squid are only bothered by the sonar from whales that use it to stun them or by Navy and Coast Guard ship sonar.

Large schools of them and dolphins are affected by the Navy sonar and other off shore stuff. ...we get seals, whales, dolphin, sharks and other marine life washed ashore that are stunned or confused or already dead from Military off shore UDT maneuvers but mostly from the sonar and other submarine or ships deployed in the area protecting the coastline. Military deny it.

That I know of, marine life do not commit mass suicides like that.

Notice that the year 2002 followed nine eleven....shore alert was high.

November 14th, 2010, 2:27 pm #8

about the sonar driving the squid nuts...that does make more sense then a feeding frenzy that is always reported when sea creatures are found dead on the beach...good info anaconda...thanks...

November 14th, 2010, 2:33 pm #9

I would consider that outer space. I'm not a mathematician nor and astrophysicist - but I think that is past our atmosphere...LOL Farther thanb I can throw a rock!
Probably some nonsense program but it did peak my curiosity...these folks said astronauts could clearly see the Great Wall of China from space...at the time I thought damn...good eye until I read they could only see an outline...who do you believe?...and who really cares?...LOL

November 14th, 2010, 2:38 pm #10

There was a scientist who wants to try to find some DNA and try to clone them in an attempt to repopulate the species.
I think it was on monster quest.
Here I believe is a link to the show.
http://monsterquesttvshow.wetpaint.com/ ... nian+Tiger
Taken from the MQ site...

"This is in vivid contrast to mainland Australia, which has the worst record of mammalian extinctions of any country on Earth, with nearly 50% of its native mammals becoming extinct in the past 200 years. Recent attention has been given to the possibility of cloning the species."