Definition of Monster...

Definition of Monster...

November 12th, 2010, 6:20 pm #1

Definition of MONSTER
1a : an animal or plant of abnormal form or structure b : one who deviates from normal or acceptable behavior or character
2: a threatening force
3a : an animal of strange or terrifying shape b : one unusually large for its kind
4: something monstrous; especially : a person of unnatural or extreme ugliness, deformity, wickedness, or cruelty

This is exactly why I call them Monsters...if it looked like a person I would call it a person...what I have seen are definitely Monsters...I call a bear a bear, a deer a deer etc...I know what a Monster is...

Nellie
Nellie

November 12th, 2010, 8:26 pm #2

But MH, that definition could pertain to many I've seen in Wally World. LOL...n/t

MissippiMike
MissippiMike

November 13th, 2010, 2:35 am #3

Definition of MONSTER
1a : an animal or plant of abnormal form or structure b : one who deviates from normal or acceptable behavior or character
3a : an animal of strange or terrifying shape b : one unusually large for its kind
4: something monstrous; especially : a person of unnatural or extreme ugliness, deformity, wickedness, or cruelty

This is exactly why I call them Monsters...if it looked like a person I would call it a person...what I have seen are definitely Monsters...I call a bear a bear, a deer a deer etc...I know what a Monster is...
Sounds like you have definitely met her!

Rick Tullos
Rick Tullos

November 13th, 2010, 6:44 am #4

Definition of MONSTER

The amount of nit picking nit wits that want to shoot you down because you refer to Bigfoot as a "Monster" or Monkey" or "critter" or various other terms.
Jim, I think it comes from closed minded folks that are not interested in discovery, but merely pushing their idea across.
It's mainly from the camp that thinks of Bigfoot as some kind of giant hairy human or a "Man-Ape".
The bottom line is that Bigfoot is still classified as an unknown, so until a corpse is produced, it will continue to be classified as a Monster.
Which is to say an "1a : an animal or plant of abnormal form or structure b : one who deviates from normal or acceptable behavior or character
4: something monstrous; especially : a person of unnatural or extreme ugliness, deformity, wickedness, or cruelty".

It is very possible that it fits all 4 definitions, especially if you listen to the native American folklore.

November 13th, 2010, 2:03 pm #5

But MH, that definition could pertain to many I've seen in Wally World. LOL...n/t
I don't go to town that often...hate going to S'port but it seems like the ugly gather at walmart...I saw a man I know, lives in my area and worked at the school, this man is as healthy as a horse but was riding in one of the handicap buggies...one day at the local store I over heard him telling a few men he was clocked on radar going 180 mph on his motor cycle...that's when you know a man is plum full of sxxx...LOL...BTW...Honda 750...
Last edited by tiny on November 13th, 2010, 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 13th, 2010, 2:06 pm #6

The amount of nit picking nit wits that want to shoot you down because you refer to Bigfoot as a "Monster" or Monkey" or "critter" or various other terms.
Jim, I think it comes from closed minded folks that are not interested in discovery, but merely pushing their idea across.
It's mainly from the camp that thinks of Bigfoot as some kind of giant hairy human or a "Man-Ape".
The bottom line is that Bigfoot is still classified as an unknown, so until a corpse is produced, it will continue to be classified as a Monster.
Which is to say an "1a : an animal or plant of abnormal form or structure b : one who deviates from normal or acceptable behavior or character
4: something monstrous; especially : a person of unnatural or extreme ugliness, deformity, wickedness, or cruelty".

It is very possible that it fits all 4 definitions, especially if you listen to the native American folklore.
will believe damn near anything from anyone who has a story to tell...what I know...what I have seen doesn't look human...it is bipedal at times but it will hit all fours in a heart beat...looks, acts exactly like a Monster IMO...

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

November 14th, 2010, 2:59 am #7

I'd love to see a body discovered and put the whole thing to rest.......

I'd like to see a live one (from a distance!)

I'd prefer not to see one up-close and go even more grey than I already am - LOL

It was stressful enough, when I tried deer hunting, to walk through the pre-dawn woods to get to my deer stand without constantly thinking about BF - LOLOL

-Mike In NC

November 14th, 2010, 3:01 pm #8

nor reported...IMO the reports that haunt hunters are the reports that involve a Monster being aggressive...Jake hunts on a regular basis during season...30 minutes before daylight and stays in his stand until after dark...parks his truck and walks 1/4 to 3/8's of a mile down narrow fire lanes to get to one of the stands...

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

November 16th, 2010, 2:00 am #9

......it's about seeing something I want to see.......but don't want to see.

You've seem 'em, so it's different for you.

I believe......... But if I saw one (too close) - I'd probably wee-wee my pants and find a job that could afford me a penthouse apartment in the middle of the biggest city I could find - LOLOLOL

(Hey - someday I'll actually attend a Monster Central BBQ - fully armed and paranoid - Imagine Bert Gummer (Tremors) but with better firepower!)

(okay, no elephant gun - but, still........)

When's the next event? I think I'll have the time and $$$ to make it!

-Mike In NC

November 16th, 2010, 2:11 am #10

Sometime early next year I would think...