Damn it's hot!!!

Damn it's hot!!!

July 13th, 2009, 10:06 pm #1

Unbelievable heat without any relief in sight...

Crispy Critter
Crispy Critter

July 13th, 2009, 11:15 pm #2

My Dad had this great idea to put in a brick driveway / side yard area.

Been digging down 8" in the hard crusty clay and rock for the gravel bedding.

My back is killing me!

woodswatcher
woodswatcher

July 14th, 2009, 2:46 am #3

are the work of the devil.

scott from philly
scott from philly

July 14th, 2009, 3:06 am #4

was a balmy 74 degrees in the pa mountains

Pywacket
Pywacket

July 14th, 2009, 10:05 am #5

Another drought like we had about 3 years ago. I hiked the Richards Loop of the Little Lake Creek Wilderness, Sam Houston National Forest on Saturday. A pretty good 9 mile hike. 105 degree heat index. Carried water in two 1 quart canteens on my belt and a 2 quart Camel Back on my back. Drank every bit of it! All three creeks in that wilderness area are Sahara Desert dry! A complete fire ban in the National Forest through Sept 26 for the time being.

Rick Tullos
Rick Tullos

July 14th, 2009, 12:05 pm #6

I think that you'll find the monsters in a shady spot guarding a water hole.

Too hot to go chasing after them right now though.

Down here in S,A, we've had about 3 weeks of 100 plus temps daily and it's just july.

I thought it got hot in memphis,this is unreal.

Welcome to south Texas,,,,LOL.

DonDon
DonDon

July 14th, 2009, 12:58 pm #7

Flooding here in Jackson right now. Got about an inch of rain yesterday and already in the last hour have well over an extra inch. Heck, it's SUPPOSED to be around 90 degrees through the weekend here!!!!!! Oh, Jim, meant to say something yesteday, Nessa and I got in a Crappie tourney this past Saturday and won 2nd place out of 22 teams!!!!! Bigtime money, 120 bucks . LOL Just glad we didn't finish last.

July 14th, 2009, 1:58 pm #8

are the work of the devil.
Two Saturday...two Sunday...one last night with today's game starting at five...and they play nine innings without a time limit...

July 14th, 2009, 2:02 pm #9

Flooding here in Jackson right now. Got about an inch of rain yesterday and already in the last hour have well over an extra inch. Heck, it's SUPPOSED to be around 90 degrees through the weekend here!!!!!! Oh, Jim, meant to say something yesteday, Nessa and I got in a Crappie tourney this past Saturday and won 2nd place out of 22 teams!!!!! Bigtime money, 120 bucks . LOL Just glad we didn't finish last.
where you were getting some rain Don...and congratulations on your 2nd place finish...Nessa more then likely saved your butt by catching the fish though...LOL

July 14th, 2009, 2:04 pm #10

was a balmy 74 degrees in the pa mountains
I was thinking about moving to an area where it wasn't so hot for the summer yesterday...maybe when my wife retires we will do just that...