Crazy Idea for GCBRO researchers

Crazy Idea for GCBRO researchers

Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf

February 28th, 2011, 6:04 pm #1

Hello guys/ladies,

I was watching a few BF researchers on you tube today and I saw some decent evidence of videos that seemed to show a large dark humanoid shape, ducking behind trees and peeping around, etc.

I noticed a pattern that the creatures seemed to let the person walk by, then shadow him from the rear.
In every case the shapes were picked up seemingly observing the man from the rear.

That spawned an idea. What if you were to take a pair of football player shoulder pads, and mounted two video cameras on each shoulder one facing forward to give a point of view of the researchers eyes and another camera facing rear to catch any activity behind the researcher.
If you were to stop walking occasionally and do a slow 360 rotation of the area you may just get something good.
This way you would get both front and rear views. Of course the rear cameras would need to be reviewed following the trip to see if any evidence was captured.

I'm not sure if such a rig already exists but if it does not, what do you think?

This may be a dumb idea but I'm just trying to think outside the box.

LW

February 28th, 2011, 11:20 pm #2

you can't walk a straight line for more then a few feet...trails are everywhere but they twist and turn and just end...yes...stop, no more trail...open areas or open timber that would work but as you said you would have to monitor the camera facing to the rear...as slow as I am in the woods that would work for me...walk a few feet, stop and look and walk a few more feet...all I need is open timber...and where I know or think there are Monsters there is little open areas...

DonDon
DonDon

February 28th, 2011, 11:32 pm #3

Hello guys/ladies,

I was watching a few BF researchers on you tube today and I saw some decent evidence of videos that seemed to show a large dark humanoid shape, ducking behind trees and peeping around, etc.

I noticed a pattern that the creatures seemed to let the person walk by, then shadow him from the rear.
In every case the shapes were picked up seemingly observing the man from the rear.

That spawned an idea. What if you were to take a pair of football player shoulder pads, and mounted two video cameras on each shoulder one facing forward to give a point of view of the researchers eyes and another camera facing rear to catch any activity behind the researcher.
If you were to stop walking occasionally and do a slow 360 rotation of the area you may just get something good.
This way you would get both front and rear views. Of course the rear cameras would need to be reviewed following the trip to see if any evidence was captured.

I'm not sure if such a rig already exists but if it does not, what do you think?

LW
is when I'm walking around, I'll strap my bionic ear facing to my back. I'll keep one of the headphones on my ear and the other off. I've heard alot of things moving behind me at night that could be mistaken for someone walking up behind you

Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf

March 1st, 2011, 2:49 am #4

you can't walk a straight line for more then a few feet...trails are everywhere but they twist and turn and just end...yes...stop, no more trail...open areas or open timber that would work but as you said you would have to monitor the camera facing to the rear...as slow as I am in the woods that would work for me...walk a few feet, stop and look and walk a few more feet...all I need is open timber...and where I know or think there are Monsters there is little open areas...
and a corresponding one between your shoulder blades?

That would be more compact and less likely to snag.

Nellie
Nellie

March 1st, 2011, 3:54 pm #5

Hello guys/ladies,

LW
one face forward and the other facing behind would work too? Being on a hat would give them more elevation in case of tall weeds and bushes.

Geronimo
Geronimo

March 1st, 2011, 11:42 pm #6

Ya'lls ideas are better better than my idea of walking with my wife on my shoulders facing backwards........

Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf

March 2nd, 2011, 1:26 am #7

one face forward and the other facing behind would work too? Being on a hat would give them more elevation in case of tall weeds and bushes.
Maybe use a rigid construction hard hat so it can be mounted easily.

Nellie
Nellie

March 2nd, 2011, 8:36 pm #8

but any hat could possibly do if the cameras weren't bulky. But I mentioned the idea to my husband and he thought maybe four cameras attached to create a "Google maps" panoramic scene.