check out around the 1:30 mark

check out around the 1:30 mark

woodswatcher
woodswatcher

September 7th, 2010, 2:13 am #1

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

September 7th, 2010, 12:51 pm #2

Just that 1-2 seconds on the shore, just in the brush on the left side.

Either a lot of effort was made to fake this (anything is possible) or it's an accidental filming of a BF.

I'll watch it when I get back home (have no sound at work)......but I'd feel comfortable putting down $10.00 that it's a BF that got spooked by the close passing of the first boat.

At the very least, the figure had definition in body structure (you see limbs and a body - not a bulky, boxy, baggy, suit).

Very interesting!

-Mike in NC

September 7th, 2010, 1:45 pm #3

Bobby thinks this figure could be part of the camera crew...

Rick Tullos
Rick Tullos

September 7th, 2010, 2:28 pm #4

Here is where you are looking.
?t=1283869578

Rick Tullos
Rick Tullos

September 7th, 2010, 2:49 pm #5

You know those guys get on the bank and in other boats and so on and they try to hide as not to get in the shots themselves.

Chad Triplett
Chad Triplett

September 7th, 2010, 3:25 pm #6

I have watched this countless times over the weekend and my opinion is this. Where I live in the Blue Ridge Mtns we have alot of rafting water, kayakers, tubers etc. I trout fish alot and I have had alot of experiences where I would be fishing and kayakers, rafters, or tubers would float right thru the area I was fishing with total disregard for my efforts and intentions. This would always frustrate me and I would more times than not get agravated and reel in and relocate elsewhere. Thats what I feel we see in this footage...a fisherman startled by the boats who hastily gets his line out of the water so the boats want tangle them...who then grabs his gear and poles and leaves very pissed off, i think he has two fishing poles possibly. This just my opinion and my interpatation of what I see. There is the possibilty that due to my own experiences I am seeing what my mind can identify with easily, having had this happen to me.

woodswatcher
woodswatcher

September 7th, 2010, 3:56 pm #7

scale sized with the person in the boat. that figure is BIGGER and the entire figure is dark. no patches of lighter color or skin.

September 7th, 2010, 4:24 pm #8

Not seeing any equipment, gear and being dark makes me think Monster...it's to far from the camera and not clear enough to see details...damn...

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

September 7th, 2010, 5:09 pm #9

I don't have sound at work and don't know any context re: filming the trip, etc.

Same as woodswatcher - the figure is a solid, uniform color and of substantial size.

It'd be better if it were overcast because then shadows are not so strong......but then - with so much sun - one should see colors or contrasts between pants, shirts, hands, face........unless fishermen and cameramen are wearing somewhat form-fitting, full-body, dark camo outfits on a bright (hot?) sunshiny day? The figure does, after all, step into the open sunlight.

I see no reason why someone wearing dark clothing (presumably to hide) would stand up and make themselves more visible when the boats are zipping by.

The subject is only in frame for a moment so there's no greater context (don't see the figure moments later standing by the shore, waving, filming, etc.) but seeing that the figure seems to be retreating from the close proximety of the first boat seems very unlike the actions/reactions of a human - film crew or otherwise (okay, maybe a pot grower? :D )

Just .02 cents.

-Mike in NC

September 7th, 2010, 5:34 pm #10

These people wear rubber chest boots and then have the jacket or shirt for some of their lures, hang a net etc...I have seen several fishermen dressed in complete green garb Mike...I lived on the Pomperaug River in CT...saw quite a few trout fishermen wading the river fishing...