Brown Thrasher?

Brown Thrasher?

Versatile
Versatile

May 11th, 2015, 9:02 pm #1

I think i read it here that Bf's will sometimes communicate with each other by making the sound of a Brown Thrasher. I read up on them and they make about 1000 sounds. Would the one i am referring to sound a bit like a kissing sound?

Okiebear
Okiebear

May 13th, 2015, 3:02 pm #2

Assume the noise you are talking about. Honestly, I've never heard it and thought it otherwise.
Circlewalker has posted a few of those sounds (I believe) that sounded odd. ?

OB

Versatile
Versatile

May 14th, 2015, 12:57 pm #3

Thanks

Circlewalker
Circlewalker

May 15th, 2015, 11:04 am #4

Assume the noise you are talking about. Honestly, I've never heard it and thought it otherwise.
Circlewalker has posted a few of those sounds (I believe) that sounded odd. ?

OB
I think they mimic birds in the area

I do think the monsters can mimic bird sounds but i have not heard the thrasher... The differences are these:

1. sheer volume. The sounds I heard were at least 4X louder than other calls I have heard. I have been within 25 feet of this bird on multiple occasions and I had never heard them this loud before.

2. The anomalous sounds I heard were coming from a grassy area not the wood line or trees. At one point there were three calls each coming from a grassy area well outside and away from any trees/treeline

3. The only time these calls occurred was when I was in the grassy area. They did not happen before or after I left that area.

4. the end of the call had a throaty/raspy sound to it

i have heard an owl type call... that was obviously a monster and not an owl. It literally sounded like a woman trying to imitate an owl. This call had a long "ahhhhhh" after the call " whoooooooooo ahhhhhh"

I have heard a call that could be confused for a "duck" type sound.

It is also my firm conviction that they mimic the wood pecker knocks...and can embed stealth knocks into other sounds of the forest

I have audio evidence for each of these except the owl sound

C.