Bigfoots and Coyotes

Bigfoots and Coyotes

JF
JF

May 13th, 2012, 8:36 pm #1

Took a drive down to Lake Winona WMA during the last supermoon and the dang coyotes were going nuts so i walked some in the woods looking around too dry for ground sign but plenty Copperheads everywhere....Anyways it seems coyotes and BFs seem to stay in the same type of areas so do you think they make pets out of em same way we do dogs??

woodswatcher
woodswatcher

May 13th, 2012, 10:00 pm #2

live a damn hard life in the mountains of SE Oklahoma some years lots of coyote vocals, visuals and sign, those are rare years though.

over the past 30 years we have listened to them being lured in by faux coyote calls, working a coyote from across or lengthwise on a mountain. Both sides calling back and forth.

Till they meet.

The coyote is ambushed, and thrashed to death, very vocally. lots of pain yelps and normally you can hear the final blow that silences it all then nothing but dead calm.

several times we have heard them being hit so hard, you swear you can hear the air getting knocked out of them.

it is very rare that we hear or see coyote sign, now.

the hunters at my cabin have listened to this play being played many times over the years and the final act is always very nervous to everyone there. comments are made about how " I think that one just died", or " that was an odd sound"

for the past few years, I would say that 90% of the coyote howling that goes on down there is not coyotes at all. I think they are Monkees packing up.

SAsquatcher
SAsquatcher

May 13th, 2012, 11:09 pm #3

This was sent to me by Timberghosts, and it sounds like what you are describing, except for the part about the yote getting killed to death,,lol.
Just click here>>>>Bionic Coyotes.

Squatchman
Squatchman

May 13th, 2012, 11:56 pm #4

live a damn hard life in the mountains of SE Oklahoma some years lots of coyote vocals, visuals and sign, those are rare years though.

over the past 30 years we have listened to them being lured in by faux coyote calls, working a coyote from across or lengthwise on a mountain. Both sides calling back and forth.

Till they meet.

The coyote is ambushed, and thrashed to death, very vocally. lots of pain yelps and normally you can hear the final blow that silences it all then nothing but dead calm.

several times we have heard them being hit so hard, you swear you can hear the air getting knocked out of them.

it is very rare that we hear or see coyote sign, now.

the hunters at my cabin have listened to this play being played many times over the years and the final act is always very nervous to everyone there. comments are made about how " I think that one just died", or " that was an odd sound"

for the past few years, I would say that 90% of the coyote howling that goes on down there is not coyotes at all. I think they are Monkees packing up.
I have noticed the same thing in North Texas.Just got out of the woods and hearing a coyote yelp for it's life then silence. Last time I heard that ,I heard a monkey yelp and an owl talking back and forth after the coyote yelp. When you hear it,you know one got snuffed. I wanted to get back in there after hearing that yelp but the others I was with wouldn't even think about it,they were kinda scared. Maybe I'm a fool for wanting to go right in and up to these creatures,but if I don't,who will? That's the way I'm thinkin' out in the field.

woodswatcher
woodswatcher

May 14th, 2012, 12:46 pm #5

This was sent to me by Timberghosts, and it sounds like what you are describing, except for the part about the yote getting killed to death,,lol.
Just click here>>>>Bionic Coyotes.
Timberghost's home turf is about 15/20 minutes from my home turf.

the only difference in his monkees is that they let loose those massive mountain to mountain yells more often.

woodswatcher
woodswatcher

May 14th, 2012, 12:48 pm #6

I have noticed the same thing in North Texas.Just got out of the woods and hearing a coyote yelp for it's life then silence. Last time I heard that ,I heard a monkey yelp and an owl talking back and forth after the coyote yelp. When you hear it,you know one got snuffed. I wanted to get back in there after hearing that yelp but the others I was with wouldn't even think about it,they were kinda scared. Maybe I'm a fool for wanting to go right in and up to these creatures,but if I don't,who will? That's the way I'm thinkin' out in the field.
there have been several times, you can hear the "THUD" in the middle of a yelp and nothing but dead silence for the rest of the night.

SAsquatcher
SAsquatcher

May 14th, 2012, 4:31 pm #7

the only difference in his monkees is that they let loose those massive mountain to mountain yells more often.
Push their buttons,,lol.
Just kidding Michael.
Yeah that whole area has good activity from what you and Michael tell me, and I got something on my game cam to back that up in my mind!

RubyRed
RubyRed

May 14th, 2012, 5:31 pm #8

some Coyotes in Texas have lost their hair and keep getting mislabeled a Chupacabra! LOL! I'd loose my hair(and my nerve), if I was considered easy pickings for a Bigfoot's dinner.

SAsquatcher
SAsquatcher

May 14th, 2012, 10:58 pm #9

To record some of those massive mountain yells?

woodswatcher
woodswatcher

May 15th, 2012, 2:47 pm #10

we might only hear one or two a year, Timbers seemed to be much more vocal. then they do it seems to be one mountain over. we hear bionic coyotes and owls the most frequent. those are pretty much nightly.

we use to hear much more before all the gas wells went operational or when something was tearing up the control shack and shutting off the well in the bottom. we could hear all kinds of vocals then.

i have a ton of sign in the way or limb formations and trails and some pretty nice foot prints, but i think they get quiet when we start running around in the woods with guns.