Big Foot Television Shows

Big Foot Television Shows

Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf

June 8th, 2011, 7:40 pm #1

In light of the numerous BF shows now on television, including the latest BFRO circus like offering, I thought it would be interesting to have BF enthusiasts/researchers post what they would like to see in a BF program.

I will start the ball rolling:

1. Truthfulness. If you don't find any evidence, don't manufacture BS to fill an hour. Spend that time discussing gear or research methodology.

2. Use point of view cameras. How many times do we have to hear oooh I just saw this or that but the camera man missed it. This will also eliminate an elaborate large group of people to contaminate evidence.

3. I want to see a group do a 10 episode series on ONE HOT LOCATION! This nonsense of one or two day locations is ridiculous. Stay in ONE area per season.

4. Do not waste half the episode on eyewitness sightings that simply cannot be verified. BS stories are easy to make up, and it amazes me as to how many show hosts eat the stories up and treat them as gospel.

5. Simplify the techniques. One guy in camo up in a tree, a couple on the ground stationary in cover would do.
No need to drive roads or tramp around in the woods in separate groups not knowing what each group is doing in reference to sounds or activity.

I'm sure you folks will think of many more, feel free to add or complete a list of your own.

MissippiMike
MissippiMike

June 8th, 2011, 11:35 pm #2

1. Stick to facts-enough of the "This is what we know to be fact" BS which is exactly that most times, ie I invented tree-knocking, Stink is caused by Methane from abandoned gator holes in swamps.

2. One area(topic) per episode. I didn't like the way this past deal with BFRO went from the panhandle all the way to the Everglades when it"looked" like they may very well have had some legit activity in the couples' yard. Then they just pick up and jet out of there!!???

3. Don't air an episode/season until there is something one has which is worthy of being aired/shared. We can ALL speculate and "what if".

DonDon
DonDon

June 9th, 2011, 1:46 pm #3

In light of the numerous BF shows now on television, including the latest BFRO circus like offering, I thought it would be interesting to have BF enthusiasts/researchers post what they would like to see in a BF program.

1. Truthfulness. If you don't find any evidence, don't manufacture BS to fill an hour. Spend that time discussing gear or research methodology.

2. Use point of view cameras. How many times do we have to hear oooh I just saw this or that but the camera man missed it. This will also eliminate an elaborate large group of people to contaminate evidence.

3. I want to see a group do a 10 episode series on ONE HOT LOCATION! This nonsense of one or two day locations is ridiculous. Stay in ONE area per season.

4. Do not waste half the episode on eyewitness sightings that simply cannot be verified. BS stories are easy to make up, and it amazes me as to how many show hosts eat the stories up and treat them as gospel.

5. Simplify the techniques. One guy in camo up in a tree, a couple on the ground stationary in cover would do.
No need to drive roads or tramp around in the woods in separate groups not knowing what each group is doing in reference to sounds or activity.

I'm sure you folks will think of many more, feel free to add or complete a list of your own.
It's TV and they need and want ratings. I don't really think that true research would ever make it on TV. Be danged hard at night without IR cameras to make a show. Least that's my opinion

June 9th, 2011, 3:45 pm #4

where a person can stretch their legs and stand up...

Video cameras during the day..thermal recorders at night in an area of activity...do the interviewing at a camping area away from the area of activity...

Need to be close to a bedding area...within a 1/4 of a mile...

Monitor the area of activity 24/7 with members pulling 12 hour shifts or being in this area when you know the Monsters travel through...

Set up on well used trails and bait stations...

It would be a good idea to have the area baited for a period of time before you have a small crew come in...

No wood knocking and absolutely no sound blasting...

Whitehors - Ie
Whitehors - Ie

June 10th, 2011, 3:03 am #5

I see people stinking up the place, bare handed putting cameras, baits... I'd like to see some guys go out scent controlled like they're deer or predator hunting, camoed & covered like they're turkey hunting.

I'd like to see them look serious, like they know what they're doing & they respect the abilities, senses, & instincts of the animals they purportedly seek.
Last edited by tiny on June 10th, 2011, 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J
J

June 11th, 2011, 7:33 pm #6

1) Send in an advanced crew, even one guy and have him stay in the area for at least a couple of weeks. He can record day & night. Then send in your "Team" to go over his findings. If he got visuals then investigate them. If he cast prints and such, examine it and show the audience. If he got nothing, skip it and send him or another scout to a new location.

2) Shoot during the day. The only shots at night should be IR or FLIR and not of the team or advanced scout, only evidence or shots of what was found. Most of the show would be the investigation of the area, not while they are hunting if it's dark.

3) Don't try to make stars of the team. Use local teams and perhaps a couple of regulars. Focus on the local group and their findings, not the host or show regulars.

4) B-roll should be of the area and the locations. Drop animations and CGI "Bigfoots" to tell your story. You can do that with location shots. You may want to animate some visuals to describe the way a creature went or to map an area, but no creature animations or guy - in - a - costume shots to depict the animal.

5) Witness interviews should be brief. Don't build up a weak story. Get the basics then have the group go over any physical evidence. If it's just a story, mention it but don't try to make it larger than life.

6) If you need to do a recreation do it only if it's necessary to convey to the viewer what happened. Don't try to make a movie. Explain that it's a recreation to describe the sighting only.

7) No backpacks with night vision cameras trained on the crew. Period.

8) If you investigate something and determine it's a hoax, say so. Be truthful at all times. If you find a footprint don't stand around and drool all over it. Cast it and examine it.

9) Do not use established "Bigfoot Experts" to send evidence to. Find the local University near the site location and have their biologist or anthropologist examine it. Talk to local game wardens and outdoors men only. Even if they are skeptics, use the local people to go over evidence. You are not building a name for these professionals, you are seeking their input and knowledge.

10) Establish facts about the area and story. Look at the individuals reporting the encounter. Are they legit or fame seekers? Point out any obvious issues with the story. Then just tell it and show the area with a good investigation. If the whole thing is interesting then the show will be interesting and entertaining, you do not need to embellish it. Let the encounter stand on it's own.

Grumpy
Grumpy

June 12th, 2011, 12:28 am #7

LOL, you know me J, I'm always ready.......

RubyRed
RubyRed

June 20th, 2011, 5:48 am #8

Have a host who is not an obnoxious "know-it-all" A little humor helps; that's why I like Josh Gates, although his show "Destination Truth" falls into some of the same pitfalls.
Just my opinion but I'm sticking with it.

RubyRed
RubyRed

June 20th, 2011, 5:52 am #9

where a person can stretch their legs and stand up...

Video cameras during the day..thermal recorders at night in an area of activity...do the interviewing at a camping area away from the area of activity...

Need to be close to a bedding area...within a 1/4 of a mile...

Monitor the area of activity 24/7 with members pulling 12 hour shifts or being in this area when you know the Monsters travel through...

Set up on well used trails and bait stations...

It would be a good idea to have the area baited for a period of time before you have a small crew come in...

No wood knocking and absolutely no sound blasting...
in those comfortable stationary climbers, and would it be possible to put a color thermal imaging camera or two on tripods pointed in opposite directions and kept running in these manned (or womaned) stationary climbers? I get sea-sick watching those kinds of cameras held in hands that move through the woods with the speed of light! Makes me dizzy.