Audio recorders

Audio recorders

DonDon
DonDon

January 16th, 2012, 2:48 pm #1

I was looking at my Sony the other night and realized that you CAN'T DOWNLOAD a thing off it. I've had it out on a couple of trips and haven't gotten anything good to download yet but dadgummit, WHY would they even make one you can't download from? I loved the ole Olympus I had and I guess Ima go back to one like that. Here's a pretty good one based on the price and reviews. Olympus VN-8100PC Digital Voice Recorder 142600

January 16th, 2012, 6:51 pm #2

saves onto either an SD or micro SD card.

January 16th, 2012, 8:14 pm #3

Timberghost
Timberghost

January 16th, 2012, 9:03 pm #4

I was looking at my Sony the other night and realized that you CAN'T DOWNLOAD a thing off it. I've had it out on a couple of trips and haven't gotten anything good to download yet but dadgummit, WHY would they even make one you can't download from? I loved the ole Olympus I had and I guess Ima go back to one like that. Here's a pretty good one based on the price and reviews. Olympus VN-8100PC Digital Voice Recorder 142600
It's a DS50. Whatever you get you want it to record in digital stereo because of clarity and quality.

sasquatchMs
sasquatchMs

January 17th, 2012, 3:52 am #5

zoom makes a pretty good one..it has a usb port on it
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi ... y-recorder

DonDon
DonDon

January 17th, 2012, 4:59 pm #6

It's a DS50. Whatever you get you want it to record in digital stereo because of clarity and quality.
but it was the same one Grumpy had. Just pull it apart in the middle and plug it into the Puter to download. No cables of nothing. it came up missing. Got a sony next and it was a good recorder but it wouldn't turn on after a few uses. REALLY hate I didn't have it at the Fall get together or I'd have had some really good Bionic Bird Calls. THEN I got my 2nd Sony which won't download. I got some stuff coming up next month after deer season is over and have to get one by then

DonDon
DonDon

January 17th, 2012, 5:00 pm #7

zoom makes a pretty good one..it has a usb port on it
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi ... y-recorder
that seems like it'd be good straping in to my back pack and easeing around at night

January 17th, 2012, 7:08 pm #8

a SD Card recorder...I do know quite a few of us take a lap top in the field but for those who don't having an extended stay of a few days to a week
simply swap out the card...

DonDon
DonDon

January 17th, 2012, 7:28 pm #9

http://www.recorders.com/2173-Olympus-D ... order.aspx

2 gig internal and can handle up to a 16 gig SD card. Dimensions are 4.33 x 1.53 x 0.63 in. It's a touch bigger than the ones I have had but it'll be more durable.They are just now being discontinued but there are plenty out there for sale. they list for about 150 but I got this off Ebay for $85 NEW

Dondon
Dondon

January 17th, 2012, 7:47 pm #10

a SD Card recorder...I do know quite a few of us take a lap top in the field but for those who don't having an extended stay of a few days to a week
simply swap out the card...
Switch em out and head back to the house to see what ya got