ARMCHAIR vs FIELD RESEARCHER

ARMCHAIR vs FIELD RESEARCHER

Texas Squatcher
Texas Squatcher

March 31st, 2014, 3:17 am #1

The arm chair squatcher is all high and mighty reading everything and anything on the internet from the so called "experts" like Moneymaker, Woolheater, Meldrum or anyone else that they may think is right in their assumptions of this field. Anyone that they think has anything interesting and that they may "BELIEVE". That is the definition of an "ARMCHAIR SQUATCHER"! The people that I have the MOST respect for many of you have NEVER heard of. WHY? That is because people like me and the people that do not post on forums much are ACTUALLY in the FIELD most of the time and learning everything that they can and making mistakes along the way, but never the less, IN THE FIELD! The other difference is when you find people that post things from FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE!!! It does not matter if the they have FLIR, AUDIO, or a crystal clear PICTURE. THE armchair squatcher will say. That CAN NOT be so! Well I say to you: Get off your *** and get in the field BEFORE YOU CAST ANY JUDGEMENT ON ANYONE!. Enough SAID. Thanks.

RubyRed
RubyRed

March 31st, 2014, 5:11 pm #2

It's incorrect to label ALL armchair investigators as Matt Monkeyspanker's (what some on this board call him) supporters. I watch (Not)"Finding Bigfoot" for the stories presented; not because I believe MM's group will find the monster they're searching for.

When BF is captured (he's already been found by many researchers on this board) he will not be found by any researcher of MM's ilk. The reason my hackles rose is that I am mostly an arm chair researcher but I DO not believe every television documentary about the beastie. So, I am asking you not to believe that ALL armchair folks drool over documentaries like "Finding Bigfoot" or are gung ho for hoaxing, misrepresenting, lying, falsifying or stealing evidence from bona fide researchers. I think of myself as a novice/learner, listening more and asking sensible questions.

Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Terry
Terry

March 31st, 2014, 5:58 pm #3

The arm chair squatcher is all high and mighty reading everything and anything on the internet from the so called "experts" like Moneymaker, Woolheater, Meldrum or anyone else that they may think is right in their assumptions of this field. Anyone that they think has anything interesting and that they may "BELIEVE". That is the definition of an "ARMCHAIR SQUATCHER"! The people that I have the MOST respect for many of you have NEVER heard of. WHY? That is because people like me and the people that do not post on forums much are ACTUALLY in the FIELD most of the time and learning everything that they can and making mistakes along the way, but never the less, IN THE FIELD! The other difference is when you find people that post things from FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE!!! It does not matter if the they have FLIR, AUDIO, or a crystal clear PICTURE. THE armchair squatcher will say. That CAN NOT be so! Well I say to you: Get off your *** and get in the field BEFORE YOU CAST ANY JUDGEMENT ON ANYONE!. Enough SAID. Thanks.
are in the field. Many of us more than most. You have to realize though that there is no such thing as bigfoot in the areas that a large number of us live in so there is nothing to research. Doesn't mean we aren't interested though or that we can't voice our opinions due to our knowledge of the outdoors. Believe me, some of the claims I hear I KNOW those folks don't step too far off of pavement. I hear you though. Its got to be frustrating if you're on the level and you are continually taken to task. You can blame the hoaxers, liars, bs artists and attention seekers for that! Those are the bad guys and they are the ones who ruin it for those who are sincere.

t.

March 31st, 2014, 9:23 pm #4

Who without doing any or little field investigation are quick to add their two critical cents and have nothing to offer from personal experience other then what they've heard or read..

DonDon
DonDon

March 31st, 2014, 10:08 pm #5

That's what the ole boys talking about.

Ighuana
Ighuana

March 31st, 2014, 10:16 pm #6

It's incorrect to label ALL armchair investigators as Matt Monkeyspanker's (what some on this board call him) supporters. I watch (Not)"Finding Bigfoot" for the stories presented; not because I believe MM's group will find the monster they're searching for.

When BF is captured (he's already been found by many researchers on this board) he will not be found by any researcher of MM's ilk. The reason my hackles rose is that I am mostly an arm chair researcher but I DO not believe every television documentary about the beastie. So, I am asking you not to believe that ALL armchair folks drool over documentaries like "Finding Bigfoot" or are gung ho for hoaxing, misrepresenting, lying, falsifying or stealing evidence from bona fide researchers. I think of myself as a novice/learner, listening more and asking sensible questions.

I know a lot about nuthin and a little bit about a lot of things.I got that way by not bs'ing decent people,and I keep my mouth shut and my eyes open.....

wookieehunter
wookieehunter

April 1st, 2014, 9:56 pm #7

I am not just any armchair reseacher dang-nabbitt I am a lazyboy recliner reseacher lol. I believe like ruby tho because of my disability I don't get out but I know the difference between a real researcher and a bone head..I watch different bigfoot documentaries and shows for intertainment purposes. Sime have some good ideas. Most think bobo is a nut but I give him credit for thinking outside the box for what we all need to do.I've gone on a couple outtings so to speak. I don't call myself a field researcher but I feel I still am a researcher of facts from ppl who do go into the field. I think that cliff is areal researcher amd renae is a real biologist. It is moneymaker that makes them look bad.

One thing about dr. meldrom is he does have credentials and has been going into the field and having experiences...

I've been looking a lot at dr. Matt Johnsons site(the psycologist in the pnw who encountered a creature with his entire family in-tow)

And the guys over@bigfoot hotspot...

RubyRed
RubyRed

April 6th, 2014, 7:51 pm #8

I know a lot about nuthin and a little bit about a lot of things.I got that way by not bs'ing decent people,and I keep my mouth shut and my eyes open.....
Right you are, n/t