Any Ghost Hunters around...

Any Ghost Hunters around...

May 19th, 2010, 10:24 pm #1

I was told of a place where the man here's chanting like Indians and has seen apparitions of the same...hexx, I can't find a big burly stinking monkey let alone something I can't see...

Bitter Monk
Bitter Monk

May 20th, 2010, 4:29 am #2

...so I don't mess with the dead.

May 20th, 2010, 12:50 pm #3

How do you know the spooks don't mess with you Sam?...I'm not sensitive enough to know if I'm getting haunted or not...age may also be a factor...
Last edited by tiny on May 20th, 2010, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crispy Critter
Crispy Critter

May 20th, 2010, 3:04 pm #4

Down where you are supposed to be extra sacred Indian land? Thought I remember someone talking about that one time.

Don't know about the apparitions, but the chanting would be interesting to try to locate.

Nellie
Nellie

May 20th, 2010, 5:01 pm #5

I was told of a place where the man here's chanting like Indians and has seen apparitions of the same...hexx, I can't find a big burly stinking monkey let alone something I can't see...
Ghosts?....You've been seeing ghosts MH?...n/t

Nellie
Nellie

May 20th, 2010, 6:59 pm #6

Down where you are supposed to be extra sacred Indian land? Thought I remember someone talking about that one time.

Don't know about the apparitions, but the chanting would be interesting to try to locate.
one burial ground accidentally got discovered by workers putting in footers for a new home down on Manasota Key. So when that happened a bunch of archaeologists got involved in the site and put a halt to the homebuilding. They were excavating the site when a local American indian group went down there and put a whammy-zammy curse of some kind on the owner's property and the workers. The owner being a cardio doctor from India couldn't of cared less.LOL
I went down to the site and sifted dirt for them for a couple days...got to see some of the old indians in their graves.One thing about archaeologist I found out is that they tend to be a strange bunch. It was an interesting experience working along side of a bunch of people so obsessed with their work.

Years later I learned from a metal detecting buddy that back in the old days pirates sometimes buried their loot in indian burial grounds because they knew that they were sacred and nobody would mess with their loot. If I only knew that when I was down there ...I wouldn't been looking for old bones.

I know I may have gone off topic here but it reminded me of my experience so I thought I'd share the story.Hope you didn't mind.
It does make me wonder sometime if there are indian spirits down there that haunt that doctor now he had that curse put on his property.LOL

May 20th, 2010, 8:06 pm #7

Drilling all around it though...

May 20th, 2010, 8:08 pm #8

Ghosts?....You've been seeing ghosts MH?...n/t
I do darn ornery for ghosts...

MissippiMike
MissippiMike

May 21st, 2010, 3:34 am #9

one burial ground accidentally got discovered by workers putting in footers for a new home down on Manasota Key. So when that happened a bunch of archaeologists got involved in the site and put a halt to the homebuilding. They were excavating the site when a local American indian group went down there and put a whammy-zammy curse of some kind on the owner's property and the workers. The owner being a cardio doctor from India couldn't of cared less.LOL
I went down to the site and sifted dirt for them for a couple days...got to see some of the old indians in their graves.One thing about archaeologist I found out is that they tend to be a strange bunch. It was an interesting experience working along side of a bunch of people so obsessed with their work.

Years later I learned from a metal detecting buddy that back in the old days pirates sometimes buried their loot in indian burial grounds because they knew that they were sacred and nobody would mess with their loot. If I only knew that when I was down there ...I wouldn't been looking for old bones.

I know I may have gone off topic here but it reminded me of my experience so I thought I'd share the story.Hope you didn't mind.
It does make me wonder sometime if there are indian spirits down there that haunt that doctor now he had that curse put on his property.LOL
My elementary school is built on top of a site. When we were in 6th grade our teachers made us plant a garden on the playground, everyone was digging up arrowheads and pottery. Also I have 40 acres 5 miles outside of Brandon. We had it cut about 12 years ago. Every since then every time I go out there I find artifacts on the logging roads they cut to haul out the timber. I have a few hundred arrowheads, it was a hobby I had when I was younger. Most of my stuff comes from the Poverty Point culture who were settled outside of Belzoni long ago at Jaketown where my Grandparents lived.

Nellie
Nellie

May 21st, 2010, 7:39 am #10

I do darn ornery for ghosts...
When it comes to ghosts... yeah, I guess you can say I believe. And "no" I was not drinking or using any kind of drugs when I saw what I saw and heard what I heard. Neither was my husband or my teenage kid. And all of this ghost stuff was happening on my own property too. Maybe some time when I can get to call you again I'll explain. A lot of people if you tell them that you believe in ghosts they'll think you are nuts....just like trying to tell a nonbeliever about ole Bigfoot....they give you this really weird look when they think you're nuts. But then some times it's a good thing...it keeps people from bothering you .LOL