Another photo...BF with a stick...

Another photo...BF with a stick...

June 6th, 2011, 3:08 pm #1

Look this over closely...the real deal or a hoax?...

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

June 6th, 2011, 5:52 pm #2

I'd say it's a misidentification of a hunter in a ghillie.

Why?

First off, no self-respecting BF would get caught that close to a trail cam! LOL

But seriously........

1. Top of right foot could be a shoe/boot as it's much lighter than the rest of the figure.

2. Right leg is straight - too human (unless of course, not all BFs walk with a bent-knee gait).

3. Why would a BF be at a "human site" during daylight hours? (I'd guess between 11am and 2pm by the amount of light in a wooded area and seemingly short shadows cast by trees.

I think it's a hunter in a ghillie doing something around the feeder and after he (or someone else) saw the picture said, "Hey, Vern! You like like BF!" and shared the pic as lark.

It could be a hoaxer, too..... but are lots of people really running around the woods in monkey costumes looking for 15 minutes of fame?

As always.......just my .02 cents.

-Mike in NC

Mississippi Squatcher
Mississippi Squatcher

June 6th, 2011, 7:21 pm #3

I do not think it was an intentional hoax. The guy that sent them was sure what it was, but I believe his friend was playing a joke on him. I don't think he intended for his friend to take it serious enough to have it looked at.

June 6th, 2011, 8:00 pm #4

But the flash killed the face...

Versatile
Versatile

June 6th, 2011, 9:06 pm #5

Looks like you can see the bottom of a coat. Like he is wearing a coat and pants.

Versatile
Versatile

June 6th, 2011, 9:09 pm #6

Forgot to include. How tall is the feeder vs how far away from it is he? Can we get a height guess from that?

June 6th, 2011, 10:00 pm #7

Were about four feet from the ground to the bottom of the feeder...we always carried a step ladder to fill them up...so maybe the BF with a stick is around 6 ft tall...

SAsquatcher
SAsquatcher

June 7th, 2011, 2:11 am #8

Easy one.

Nellie
Nellie

June 7th, 2011, 7:14 am #9

I would think if it was a bigfoot critter that the arms would be longer...n/t

June 7th, 2011, 2:27 pm #10

Arms look relative to the size of the body...MM claimed their legs were shorter then their arms...significant difference...As usual...Monkey Spanker is full of it...if there is a difference it is not noticeable...