2009 GCBRO BBQ or The BRO-BQ

2009 GCBRO BBQ or The BRO-BQ

BigfootHunter (Bobby Hamilton)
BigfootHunter (Bobby Hamilton)

August 10th, 2009, 4:25 pm #1

Well, we finally got the date set for the 2009 Annual GCBRO BBQ or as some are calling it The BRO-BQ.
We have the date set for Saturday October 17th.
Most will want to spend the entire weekend which will include Friday 16th until Sunday the 18th.
But the official day of the BBQ is Saturday October 17th.

Those who reserved their spots last year, are still good for this year. Thanks to Hurricane Ike, we all know what happened.

This is a reservation only event, so if you plan to attend, you WILL need to reserve your spot, ahead of time. It is not a free event, we do charge a small fee to help cover the costs of food, but as all who have attended will tell you, it is not nearly enough, for what you get.
So, drop an e-mail to the moderator with a request for information on the BBQ, and I will send you the information on how to reserve your spot.

Again, you must reserve your spot before the event. October 8th is the deadline for making your reservation, which will give me time to purchase all items needed for the event.

Thanks,
Bobby

Grumpy
Grumpy

August 11th, 2009, 12:05 am #2

Monsters Beware, I will be there, crawling through the thickets with a little less hair, But unlike some I won't be bare!!!!! Yea, I'm bored..... Just finished the AK rebuilt, heading to the range tomorrow.

August 11th, 2009, 1:58 am #3

yesterday...Tim fought the red wasp in the BBQ pit but it was an unfair fight...he used a propane torch...looking forward to seeing everyone and as Bobby mentioned...none of us have ordered a hurricane for this year...

Good friends...excellent food equals a good time...hope to see you there...

Grumpy
Grumpy

August 11th, 2009, 2:35 am #4

Jim, don't forget to clear a few areas within the trees on both sides of the lane coming in for those of us that camp in comfort..... all we need is a flat level pad with a cleared path to the fire pit, gets dark out there after the sun goes down.....

DonDon
DonDon

August 11th, 2009, 1:03 pm #5

yesterday...Tim fought the red wasp in the BBQ pit but it was an unfair fight...he used a propane torch...looking forward to seeing everyone and as Bobby mentioned...none of us have ordered a hurricane for this year...

Can't wait to get back over and see everyone!!!!

Okiebear
Okiebear

August 11th, 2009, 1:18 pm #6

I about died from a red wasp sting a few months ago. Tell Tim to get rid of all those suckers......
Now I have to carry around a damn epi-pen. Amazing a little thing like that can take down a grown man.........

I will be there. Will be good to see everyone.

OB

Lou
Lou

August 12th, 2009, 6:55 am #7

I just drooled all over my keyboard....

DonDon
DonDon

August 12th, 2009, 7:27 pm #8

his Briskett and those Sausage links are worth the trip if nothing else!!!

Fourby4Squatcher
Fourby4Squatcher

August 12th, 2009, 11:31 pm #9

We'll be there!

Matt

August 13th, 2009, 12:43 am #10

Looking forward to seeing you and your dad Matt...