2 more pictures from Shelia

2 more pictures from Shelia

August 23rd, 2012, 1:49 am #1

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

August 23rd, 2012, 1:54 am #2

these you can copy and find your own monsters in......... I could have reduced the size but the pixels just where not there if you wanted to enlarge to view better, must have been an older camera. Just remember as you increase size you can find many things that are not really there.....

August 23rd, 2012, 2:04 am #3

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Additionally I would like to thank Shelia for sharing her experiences and photographs with all who frequent this message board, and have hopefully learned from some of her experiences, even though some of her views may differ from many who frequent here.

Big D
Big D

August 23rd, 2012, 3:48 am #4

I guess my untrained eyes are missing something. Can someone tell me what we are looking for and where to look in these pictures. I would love for someone to teach me how to look at a picture to determine if anything is there.

Shewolf
Shewolf

August 23rd, 2012, 4:14 am #5

Additionally I would like to thank Shelia for sharing her experiences and photographs with all who frequent this message board, and have hopefully learned from some of her experiences, even though some of her views may differ from many who frequent here.
Thanks Grumpy and you really don't have to take up for me, my skin is quite a bit thicker than that. My opinions are my own and I realize that they probably rub most of the board members the wrong way. I've walked both sides of the fence on "the kill or not to kill" issue, so I understand and respect the opinions of others where that issue is concerned. I'm not totally against killing one, I'm against killing one of the ones here.
The only Monkeys that I have had the opportunity to watch and study are these and I have often wondered if the reaction to me of a different group of Monkeys would be the same as the ones here. Hopefully someday I'll get the opportunity to find out. On the other hand I may not want to.
Jason and I were talking last night about the Clans and he and I both believe that what we have here is an anomaly. We came to that conclusion from reading reports of encounters and trolling the message boards of this forum and others. Most people speak of one type of BF or another, I've never read or heard of anyone say anything about having two species in one area. Most encounters that I have heard about are either very brief or could be interpreted as aggressive or semi aggressive. As I have told ya'll the creatures here are non aggressive towards Jason and I. I have only been on the receiving end of a truly aggressive encounter once in my life, that was in 1991 and it wasn't here on the farm. This was long before I was even aware of the BF existance here. In 1991 I didn't have a clue what got after me and even afterward BF never came to mind.
The information that I am giving ya'll is true and correct, I've got no reason to enhance it or lie about anything. When reading my posts and the information that I am putting on here, keep in mind that it comes from me studying and watching my clans. For those of you have encounters with these animals on a regular basis don't judge too harshly if my animals don't behave like yours. I don't even believe they do.

Shewolf
Shewolf

August 23rd, 2012, 5:23 am #6

these you can copy and find your own monsters in......... I could have reduced the size but the pixels just where not there if you wanted to enlarge to view better, must have been an older camera. Just remember as you increase size you can find many things that are not really there.....
Yea it was definitely an older camera I think it was manufactured in 2004. I have a newer one that is only a couple of years old so if ya'll would like I'll see what I can do about getting some more pics when the Monkeys come back this fall. They aren't here right now because the creek is dry but will show back up when the creek starts running again.

Grumpy
Grumpy

August 23rd, 2012, 1:45 pm #7

Thanks Grumpy and you really don't have to take up for me, my skin is quite a bit thicker than that. My opinions are my own and I realize that they probably rub most of the board members the wrong way. I've walked both sides of the fence on "the kill or not to kill" issue, so I understand and respect the opinions of others where that issue is concerned. I'm not totally against killing one, I'm against killing one of the ones here.
The only Monkeys that I have had the opportunity to watch and study are these and I have often wondered if the reaction to me of a different group of Monkeys would be the same as the ones here. Hopefully someday I'll get the opportunity to find out. On the other hand I may not want to.
Jason and I were talking last night about the Clans and he and I both believe that what we have here is an anomaly. We came to that conclusion from reading reports of encounters and trolling the message boards of this forum and others. Most people speak of one type of BF or another, I've never read or heard of anyone say anything about having two species in one area. Most encounters that I have heard about are either very brief or could be interpreted as aggressive or semi aggressive. As I have told ya'll the creatures here are non aggressive towards Jason and I. I have only been on the receiving end of a truly aggressive encounter once in my life, that was in 1991 and it wasn't here on the farm. This was long before I was even aware of the BF existance here. In 1991 I didn't have a clue what got after me and even afterward BF never came to mind.
The information that I am giving ya'll is true and correct, I've got no reason to enhance it or lie about anything. When reading my posts and the information that I am putting on here, keep in mind that it comes from me studying and watching my clans. For those of you have encounters with these animals on a regular basis don't judge too harshly if my animals don't behave like yours. I don't even believe they do.
LOL, I wasn't sticking up for you but was just reminding others on the message board, since we have many new posters, that GCBRO is a Pro-Kill site but welcome all to post their views, opinions and experiences so that all can benefit and learn. Many may not know how these creatures features, size/shape and actions can vary greatly from State to State and many need to be more tolerant of others who have had encounters that differ from their own or what they have been told by others. We must all be aware that even though Bears, wolves,lions and apes have all befriended man they can also instinctively kill if they feel threatened.
Last edited by tiny on August 23rd, 2012, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shewolf
Shewolf

August 23rd, 2012, 1:54 pm #8

I guess my untrained eyes are missing something. Can someone tell me what we are looking for and where to look in these pictures. I would love for someone to teach me how to look at a picture to determine if anything is there.
In the first pic, look dead center of the brush pile between the two trees. The second pic look past the middle fence post a little to the right and up.
I'll give ya'll a hint that has helped me when looking for Monkeys in pictures, not just mine but those of other folks. Take the pic and make it black and white, raise the exposure up quite a bit, this eliminates shadows and "foilage faces" that could be mistaken as animals. Don't enlarge it to the point that it is over picsillated (sp), as Grumpy said this will make you see things that aren't really there and also will sometimes make you miss seeing an animal that is. I usually go smaller initially instead of larger. Also when looking for them in pics look at the height of the "shadow" in question, is it too tall or too large in relation to the foilage? Anything with a top height of over 10-11 ft is not going to be a BF. Look for eyes, head, face, shoulders, body and see if what you think you are looking at is in porportion to the rest of the surroundings.
I hope this helps.

August 23rd, 2012, 3:14 pm #9

When standing in thickets at times are hard to make out...I think I see what she is talking about but it is difficult for me to make out any definition...but understand...Monsters will watch you from a thicket...where we want two eyes on a person they usually use just one...

Big D
Big D

August 23rd, 2012, 6:30 pm #10

In the first pic, look dead center of the brush pile between the two trees. The second pic look past the middle fence post a little to the right and up.
I'll give ya'll a hint that has helped me when looking for Monkeys in pictures, not just mine but those of other folks. Take the pic and make it black and white, raise the exposure up quite a bit, this eliminates shadows and "foilage faces" that could be mistaken as animals. Don't enlarge it to the point that it is over picsillated (sp), as Grumpy said this will make you see things that aren't really there and also will sometimes make you miss seeing an animal that is. I usually go smaller initially instead of larger. Also when looking for them in pics look at the height of the "shadow" in question, is it too tall or too large in relation to the foilage? Anything with a top height of over 10-11 ft is not going to be a BF. Look for eyes, head, face, shoulders, body and see if what you think you are looking at is in porportion to the rest of the surroundings.
I hope this helps.
Thanks a lot. I went back to the pictures and still can't see anything that jumps out at me. I'm technologically challenged, what I see is what I get. I don't know how to manipulate a photo in the ways that you described. Maybe one day when I am out with Grumpy, he can show me what I should do. Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge with me. It is much appreciated.