Rome hit on Horton - dirty or not?

Rome hit on Horton - dirty or not?

Bookmark
Bookmark

June 7th, 2011, 9:03 pm #1

this is the US feed. at first the colour guy thought it was clean. changes his mind after watching the replay.

what kills me is the call: a 5 min major for "interference"!

the NHL is so in denial about blindside hits to the head.

Bookmark
Bookmark

June 8th, 2011, 10:30 am #2

5 min major for interference is the right call, why does it kill you? It's in the rulebook and it's 'meaning' is intent to injure. I agree though that the NHL is in denial. But don't you think that Horton, for his own sake, should be aware of the guy coming? I tell my son to never stop watching around him.

Bookmark
Bookmark

June 8th, 2011, 10:54 am #3

this is the US feed. at first the colour guy thought it was clean. changes his mind after watching the replay.

If you actually slow it down, you will see that the boston player is just releasing the puck, the canucks player is ALREADY in motion stepping up for the hit PRIOR to the boston player releasing. It was NOT a blindside hit, but the perfect 10 hit that should not have resulted in Any suspension.

Bookmark
Bookmark

June 8th, 2011, 12:09 pm #4

Are you blind? Horton took 2 strides BEFORE getting hit. The right call was made on the ice. I don't agree with 4 games though. Should have been only 1.

Bookmark
Bookmark

June 8th, 2011, 12:34 pm #5

Hit was REALLY late. As said above he was gliding, then two strides, and then BOOM, lights out. 4 games is appropriate, this weasel shouldn’t be playing while that poor kid can’t. I’ve got to admit I’m shocked that they gave him 4 games, not the slap on the wrist that usually happens. Is Brendan Shanahan dishing out the suspensions now or is it still Campbell? Campbell is usually too spineless to give out such tough punishments.

Bookmark
Bookmark

June 8th, 2011, 3:10 pm #6

The suspension time should equal the amount of time the injured player is out of action for any of these types of hits. NHL will never support this.

Bookmark
Bookmark

June 8th, 2011, 6:55 pm #7

Hit was awesome best one of the year and good. Need to see the on ice view brom behind Horton and you will see nice hit.

Bookmark
Bookmark

June 8th, 2011, 7:17 pm #8

I'm usually the guy that defends the big hit, but there's no defending this one. Doesn't matte the angle, or if he was committed to the hit or whatever. It was simply way, way, to late. He may have also got up on his toes so he could target the head. This could be a career ending hit for Horton.

Bookmark
Bookmark

June 8th, 2011, 7:50 pm #9

He did not get up on his toes - if you watch the replay slowly his feet are on the ice at impact - after impact momentum drives him up. It has a clean hit, arms down, shoulder on body, but it was way too late and delivered to a player in a very vulnerable position.

Bookmark
Bookmark

June 8th, 2011, 11:00 pm #10

bottom line don't admire your pass