OHL COMBINE

OHL COMBINE

Bookmark
Bookmark

March 17th, 2011, 12:36 am #1

Understand that OHL Combine taking place April 2 & 3 - Any word of who got there

Bookmark
Bookmark

March 17th, 2011, 2:38 am #2

60 Players (35 forwards, 25 defense) and 24 goalies invited if i'm not mistaken. Players partake in on ice and off ice fitness testing. Results sent to all the OHL teams. Sponsored by under armour. Interviews are conducted with some of the top players. Last year many of the kids that were interviewed at the combine went in the top 3 rounds of the draft. The OHL Combine is an invite only event. Last year was the first year it started at the mastercard centre and there many top players who did not attend. Don't worry too much if your kid isn't invited. Just make sure he is ready for training camp after the draft.

Bookmark
Bookmark

March 17th, 2011, 7:54 am #3

Understand that OHL Combine taking place April 2 & 3 - Any word of who got there
This post above makes it sounds like parents are more concerned about their kids success than their kids are.

Sign of the times.

Bookmark
Bookmark

March 17th, 2011, 12:43 pm #4

NO, that post describes the OHL Combine in a nutshell.

Bookmark
Bookmark

March 17th, 2011, 2:12 pm #5

agreed. 10:38's post is informative, fair and well written.

Bookmark
Bookmark

March 17th, 2011, 2:19 pm #6

Question - of the 60 skaters and 24 goalies, are these suppose to be the best 60 skaters and 24 goalies as designated by Central Scouting?

Bookmark
Bookmark

March 17th, 2011, 2:30 pm #7

Going by last years combine - yes. top players

Bookmark
Bookmark

March 17th, 2011, 2:40 pm #8

Last year there where 2-3 head scratchers and two kids where where not drafted. That said, generally, its the top players as designated by the OHL

Bookmark
Bookmark

March 17th, 2011, 2:46 pm #9

The top kids are invited. Doesn't mean they all choose to attend.

Bookmark
Bookmark

March 17th, 2011, 3:24 pm #10

I do not understand why a player would choose not to go?
I realize it is only the second year, but it seems to me that you would attend.
Could someone attempt to explain the logic here.