Can Time Exist Without Matter?

October 16th, 2008, 5:44 pm #21

According to Newton the answer is “ Yes”.
According to SRT and GRT the answer is “ No”.
Who is right? Who is wrong?
How is possible to understand their?
==============
Y
Last edited by curtyoungs on October 16th, 2008, 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 16th, 2008, 6:23 pm #22

==============
Inertia is the resistance to a change in acceleration which is actually an increasingly greater force than gravity. For example, a 1lb. weight suspended requires greater than 1lb. to raise the weight, the harder the pull the greater the resistance. It is not really a trick for most of us.

bob s

October 16th, 2008, 7:37 pm #23

==============
I've readily admitted that I could be wrong.

I happen to find an elegant descriptive ability within my personal concept, yes. It would make sense to the one who wrote it, I suppose.

Inertia is the rest of the Universe seeking a state of least effort.

If a body with mass is moving through the threads composing the universe, the tension in the threads around it, along it's path of motion, ahead and behind it will reach an equilibrium when force is no longer applied.

That equilibrium requires energy to disrupt.

The amount of energy required to upset that balance depends on the density of folded spacetime within the object.

Locally, folded bodies of spacetime distort the threads more and more severely as you get closer and closer to them. This distortion upsets the inertial equilibrium and adjusts the coordinates of other bodies appropriately.

In simple terms: Things fall towards other things.

Everything falls towards everything else, so you find a certain resistance to changes in that state of general motion.

October 16th, 2008, 9:27 pm #24

==============
When I got to the; "The amount of energy required to upset that balance depends on the density of folded spacetime within the object." I needed a BroMo, I'll try again later!

AAF
AAF

October 16th, 2008, 10:07 pm #25

==============

Max: Max: Nope, you didn't even read what I wrote did you?

AAF: Sorry, Max; I meant to say that Stan's view is not mainstream!

October 17th, 2008, 12:56 am #26

==============
"Inertia is the resistance to a change in acceleration which is actually an increasingly greater force than gravity. For example, a 1lb. weight suspended requires greater than 1lb. to raise the weight, the harder the pull the greater the resistance. It is not really a trick for most of us."

A little nit picking: A change in acceleration is second order acceleration.It is a change in velocity that is acceleration.

I don't have a problem understanding what inertia is. Why is the resistance there? How does it work? That is the trick.

I am tying to understand why it is there, where it comes from. Everybody understands what gravity does. Same question: why? how?

Light seems to have aspects of inertia too: it moves in straight lines, and once it is released it moves at supposedly unchanging velocity, too. Why? How?

October 17th, 2008, 3:02 am #27

==============
Light is motion along the fabric composing spacetime.

Gravity is the way the threads respond when folded and stretched and not allowed to rebound freely.

Inertia is the way they respond when allowed to furl and unfurl at a stable rate.

The gravitational resistance felt when accelerating through space is akin to dragging your hand through water.

When you stop moving your hand, the water behind your hand, which was displaced, rolls forwards into it, and the water ahead of it continues on as well.

There isn't an easy way to just stop moving a body embedded in spacetime, so once it is set moving, that is it's balanced state, and the rest of the universe attempts to maintain that through the principle of least action.

If it's less disruptive to keep something moving steadily, than to adjust it's motion, it will keep moving steadily.

Stop thinking of matter and space as different things, and gravitational interaction is incredibly simple to understand.

October 17th, 2008, 3:45 am #28

==============
Re; Curt, Bob S said: October 16 2008, 9:56 PM

bob s,
"Inertia is the resistance to a change in acceleration which is actually an increasingly greater force than gravity. For example, a 1lb. weight suspended requires greater than 1lb. to raise the weight, the harder the pull the greater the resistance. It is not really a trick for most of us."

Curt,
”A little nit picking: A change in acceleration is second order acceleration. It is a change in velocity that is acceleration.

I don't have a problem understanding what inertia is. Why is the resistance there? How does it work? That is the trick.

I am tying to understand why it is there, where it comes from. Everybody understands what gravity does. Same question: why? how?

Light seems to have aspects of inertia too: it moves in straight lines, and once it is released it moves at supposedly unchanging velocity, too. Why? How?”

Gravity is thought of as being linear to the center of earth’s gravity but in actuality it is conical. Imagine yourself standing on earth with the pull being straight down, but that is the center line of gravity, if you then envision that gravity is also pulling from all directions to the horizon which is why a taller person is easier to tip over. If a hole were to open up under you then all of the gravitational force would pull down with no additional force. However, movement tangential to or perpendicular (because of curvature there is no true horizontal movement) to the earth requires more force to over come the downward attraction plus the conical attraction.

I don’t think we will really know the “how” of gravity till we can do experiments outside of a gravitational field. I liken it to a fish trying to understand “dry” while still underwater. I just know that it has something to do with the electric universe but seeing how we exist within a Faraday cage it is all but impossible to verify.

Our very existence as humans depends on electrical current (and by default a magnetic field) why is it so hard for others to understand that electromagnetic forces far exceed the weak force of gravity. Gravity is a sub-force of electromagnetism.

bob s

October 17th, 2008, 3:46 am #29

==============
Your water experiment just described the aether. Thank you. You never did explain how your theory explains the impedance of space. Radio transmitters find that the far field has an impedance load. How do you explain it?

October 17th, 2008, 4:15 am #30

==============
Spacetime IS the aether.

It isn't two things.