Manga

Zellas
Forum God
Zellas
Forum God

Oct 4 2005, 10:21 PM #1

Thought i would start this thread so we can all share our opinions on what mangas we have been reading.

The three manga i have been reading recently have been Legal Drug, iD_eNTITY and Fushigi Yugi.

All three are most excellent. Fushigi Yugi is a love story based in the edo period (i think) of Japan, A nice girly romance story :-). iD_eNTITY is a good manga for those who loved the .Hack// series, The stories main characters are 3 highschool boys and the characters they play in an online game. I've not finished reading legal drug yet but what i have read so far has been pretty damn good. The book itself is what appealed to me, the artwork is really pretty, it has a couple of colour pages and inside the front and back covers has a see through sheet with the main characters printed on it ^_^ So far is has heavily hinted shonen ai (Result!) and the main characters are so purdy.

Zellas
Forum God
Zellas
Forum God

Oct 4 2005, 10:23 PM #2

Oh i forgot to mention that everyone absolutly must read Fake if they haven't done so already. And you all must worship JJ with me....for he is god *worships JJ*

Mr. K
Forum God
Mr. K
Forum God

Oct 5 2005, 12:35 AM #3

Believe it..I'm just new to manga only cause I had a hard time finding it in my city. I'm more of a video game person. And really only became interested in buying it recently. I have the whole Gravitation series and I'm working on DN Angel (which is a really cute manga and the Phantom Thief is soo hot!) It's a bit childish sometimes tho.

I have Ranma 1/2 downloaded I must finish this manga(its soo funny I love it) And the first part of Naruto.

I've been recommended Legal Drug..but I'm funny I have to like the manga artwork or I can't read it XD. Shonen style manga's don't quiet do it for me much. Dunno I'm weird lol I should probably put that aside cause the stories probably rawk!

Zellas
Forum God
Zellas
Forum God

Oct 5 2005, 08:10 AM #4

My very small manga collection, which hopfully will be alot bigger after christmas. I gave everyone a list of what manga i would like for christmas, making sure that all the more expensive Yaoi manga (like passion and desire) were at the top of that list ^_^ LOL

Tatsuha Uesugi
Forum God

Oct 5 2005, 10:28 PM #5

If you can find it, Masca is pretty good. Sadly it's not shounen or yaoi, but it's gothic and extremely well drawn. It's a Korean Manhwa and is about an apprentice sorceress who accidentallly causes the Devil Sybilla (sp) who is awesomely hot to fall in love with her. Incidentally, it's from that series that I got my pen name Asrella. The main character is Asarella and when I went to type in my pen name I spelled it wrong with the bloody book sitting right in my hand! Damn that Bass Ale for being so tasty!

Selfish Love is shounen and focuses on two college boys: rich snotty Orito who decides he wants Ryuya a shy bookworm upperclassman. And what Orito wants Orito gets. Only two books long it's fairly good and though predictable is very cute.

Oh and Fake, which I read over and over again. I also have the Fake anime.

That's it for now.

--A
"

"Have you ever danced with the Devil by the pale moonlight?"

Pink Plushie
Forum Lord
Pink Plushie
Forum Lord

Oct 6 2005, 04:39 PM #6

Damn that Bass Ale for being so tasty!
You drink Bass? O_o I'm more of a European lager girl, myself!
I also have the Fake anime.
There's an anime?! w00t! Is there as much snogging as in the manga?! Hehe....
I'm just new to manga only cause I had a hard time finding it in my city.
Well, AG, you shouldn't have as much difficulty now. That shop we found was KOOL! ^__^

Read and recommend good Gravi fics

Zellas
Forum God
Zellas
Forum God

Oct 6 2005, 05:06 PM #7

Unfortunatly the Fake anime doesn't have as much snogging as the manga. The Fake anime is actually a chapter from book 2, It's about the holiday that Dee and Ryo take in England and their meeting with Rose, It's not great but it has a really funky OP theme (Everybody! Shake is buddy! - The Kix.s) and JJ looks so cute in him yellow shorts and hiking boots ^_^

*lubs JJ*

Tatsuha Uesugi
Forum God

Oct 6 2005, 07:54 PM #8

Yes, I drink Bass Ale. It's my favorite. I also like Grolsch, Sapporo and Becks Dark. When push comes to shove and push isn't cute, I go for Heineken.

Pandorazellas is right. The Fake anime isn't as good as the series and consists of their trip to England from Vol. 2. They also take liberties with the storyline and add in a couple of characters. Having said that, it is cute and you get to see Dee and Ryo in living color. The opening credits has a lot of nice scenes, including one where Dee gives Ryo a Christmas present in the snow, that aren't in the OVA but seem like they'd be part of a series. Anybody know if there is such a thing? And yes, the opening music is cute. JJ is also cute in it. I always felt kind of sorry for him. Being lovelorn sucks like nothing else.
"

Mr. K
Forum God
Mr. K
Forum God

Oct 6 2005, 09:46 PM #9

Well, AG, you shouldn't have as much difficulty now.  That shop we found was KOOL!  ^__^
Yes I'm thinking of checking out that place again really soon ^___^ what a score that was! I'm glad we stopped in to check it out!
I also like Grolsch, Sapporo and Becks Dark. When push comes to shove and push isn't cute, I go for Heineken.
Grolsch and Sapporo very good! I like to buy the big cans of Sapporo its like two beers in one *snickers* I can't stomach Heineken sadly but when push comes to shove its Budweiser for me<.<

I have that Fake show I MUST watch it..man I'm so lazy about catching up on shows ^^;

Zellas
Forum God
Zellas
Forum God

Oct 6 2005, 09:57 PM #10

The christmas gift in the snow was soooo sweet, Dee is such a sweetheart in the series, even though he's a total horndog. I wish that they would make Fake into a full anime, it would be so awsome to watch, but the question is.....if they did make it an anime would they cut out certain sceenes from Vol 7

I do feel sorry for JJ in the series, but you feel better for him once you've read Like like love *very small continuation of Fake* , it leaves you all warm and fuzzy :)

Tatsuha Uesugi
Forum God

Oct 7 2005, 12:17 AM #11

I do feel sorry for JJ in the series, but you feel better for him once you've read Like like love *very small continuation of Fake* , it leaves you all warm and fuzzy
Once I've read what? You mean there's a continuation of the manga or is it a fanfic? What's it called again, please?

Thanks.

--A
"

Zellas
Forum God
Zellas
Forum God

Oct 7 2005, 12:36 AM #12

There was a very small continuation called Like like love, it was published in the bexboy magazine and its set a few years after the end of the manga. Its short but sweet. If you want the pages i can email them to you. they are not great but readable

Tatsuha Uesugi
Forum God

Oct 7 2005, 01:14 AM #13

Yes, please. Send them to me when you have a moment. Thank you very much.

Erm, I think they'd find a way to tastefully include some of the more yummy moments of Vol. 7. They did it pretty well I think in Vol. 1 of Gravitation. Whatever they do would certainly be better than what ended up in Kizuna's anime.

I noticed you have Yellow in your manga collection. How's that?

Thanks again.

--A
"

Zellas
Forum God
Zellas
Forum God

Oct 7 2005, 01:21 AM #14

pm me your email address and i'll send it your way.

I actually found Yellow just recently. Forbidden Planet in Glasgow may be smaller thant the Edinburgh store but it has a wider range of manga, The storeclerk said that their Yaoi manga is normally the first to go when thier get their deliveries. The only had the first volume of Yellow and the second volume of passion left. You can buy them from Amazon easy enough, my current list of manga that i want to order from there is all yaoi ^_^

Yellow is actually pretty good, the first volume is not very hard core but it has alot of BL in it and a mild sex sceene.

Tatsuha Uesugi
Forum God

Oct 9 2005, 02:41 AM #15

Can anyone recommend any good Yuri? I love love BL, but I'm also about equal opportunity. Incidentally, can anyone tell me if in Yuri, seme and uke are used or do they have their own terms?
"