Cosplay and Cons

keriko
Forum Ruler
keriko
Forum Ruler

Mar 19 2007, 04:05 AM #1

I'm not sure if there is a thread like this already or not but here goes.

I know a lot of us cosplay and since that requires A LOT of time, effort and money; I think we should all share the fruits of our labors. Be them progress pics, home pics, fuzzy pics or professional pics.

I find it helps if you include the following info above or below your pic:
1)Character name
2)Series
3)Variation (ie. 2nd season, black unifrom, what have you)
4)What con or event you wore it to, including year
5)Any awards won

I'll start with a progress pic of my current costume. My character is the girl in my avatar and signature, incase anyone was wondering. ^^
Btw, i'm wearing a seme shirt. Just thought a few of you might find that funny. *snort*

Alice Elliot
Shadow Hearts
In Game outfit
I will be debuting it at A-kon 18 in June 2007
I haven't won any awards, of course I tend not to enter many contests. ^^;

Here is a finished cosplay:

Rider
Fate/Stay Night
Standard Outfit
Debuted at Oni Con 3 (October 2006)
No awards but Amano DID draw a pic of me in it. That's award enough!

Rage
Rage

Mar 19 2007, 05:54 PM #2

Ooooh, that's gonna be fun to see! *applaudes* You're a lot further than my group.... we have, like, 15 more costumes to make for 9 people and so aren't near done.
>.> I'll get pictures of my Sora-Pants soon. >.<

Tohma Seguchi
Tohma Seguchi

Mar 19 2007, 06:38 PM #3

yay rage is going to a-kon!!!!

I better see you there. Are you all going as KH characters??

Saki Ukai
Forum Lord
Saki Ukai
Forum Lord

Mar 21 2007, 12:12 AM #4

I am, indeed, going to A-kon! I'm a kon-aholic. I've only been to two (A-kon 17 and A-fest '06), but I got addicted within the first five minutes (as proved when I went to A-fest with 2 bucks to my name XD but you didn't need to know that XDD). Weeeell, actually, it's only KH/FF on Friday, then DeathNote on Saturday (I'm Mello! ^_^) and Lolitas in Wonderland (I'm C.Cat) on Sunday. And none of my costumes are done...

Of course, just rambling now.

Question: Are you going to akon?

Piccur time!!! ^_^

(I'm the one with the green hair! XD My good friend with mad art skills was Ed)
Envy, the homonculus
FullMetal Alchemist
Homonculus chosen wear
A-kon 17 (and the pic was taken within an hour of me being there. First cosplay evar!)
Didn't place anything, but people thought I was the best Envy there
(then people wore fake hair at Afest--I started a revolution with my staple felt, yo!)

Ja. ^_^ So that's all from moi, as of yet... shall scan my sketches eventually. *lazy*

Tohma Seguchi
Tohma Seguchi

Mar 21 2007, 03:40 AM #5

yea i'm going to a-kon. I'll be working medic staff again. ^^ I'll be debuting my Alice costume as well as debuting my revamped Rider costume. Then if I'm feeling spunky I'll wear Heather from Silent Hill 3 on Sunday.

I never saw you in costume at afest. :Cry:

I demand progress pics of your latest costume ... now!!!! Your felt Envy hair IS a good idea! Easier to handle than a wig for sure! Imitation IS the sincerest form of flattery. :wub:

For afest I hope to do either Rozen Maiden or (more likely) Kanda from D.Gray-man. Give it up for crossplay!

Mr. K
Forum God
Mr. K
Forum God

May 28 2007, 02:16 PM #6

Hiro Cosplay at Anime North 2007 in Toronto, Canada

Tohma Seguchi
Tohma Seguchi

May 29 2007, 04:49 AM #7

Aww K! I lurve your Hiro!!!!

Here is what i'm currently working on:

Its just a progress pic but its Allen Walker from D. Gray-Man. I'll be debuting this at a-kon in .... *squee* 4 days!

So you too can understand the horrors of binding....

Ritsuka
Loveless
Debuted at Shiokazecon (april 06)
That is me sticking my chest out as far as it will go. ^^; Ace bandages are miracle workers when it comes to flattening the ladies but they hurt!!! Honestly, even with the binding I don't think anyone thought i was a 12 year old japanese boy. *sigh*

Zellas
Forum God
Zellas
Forum God

May 29 2007, 11:10 AM #8

I dread having to try and bind my chest when i go to Amecon in August >_< Something tells me K-San won't look right with massive boobs >_< Only problem is that they are so huge i doubt binding will have any effect.

Pinkkiller
Forum God

May 29 2007, 02:01 PM #9

K... Let me tell you this.. You really have the Hiro pose..moahaha..especially on the last one.. It rocks :)

and Keriko.. You are soo cute :wub: Let's get married? I like you both with red eyes and cat ears

Ukai Noriko
Ukai Noriko

May 29 2007, 02:36 PM #10

Heinkel Wolfe
Hellsing (manga)
Preparing for a future MangaCon in Hungary (hopefully there'll be one)
Anyway I had fun! :)

Mr. K
Forum God
Mr. K
Forum God

May 29 2007, 10:29 PM #11

Tohma that cosplay you're working on looks AWESOME! That character is HOT! Kudos to you! And weeee Ritsuka! You're so cute!

And Noriko! Love that pose, Awesome! <3&#092;

And THANKS Eiri hunnie! It's too bad that last photo came out all blurry XD but yay!

Sakano.. ack! Yes tapping down the boobage will be tough ^_~ Hopefully your tie will take away from the boobs..or you could wear a business jacket ^^ Teee K with boobies *giggles*

Natsumi
Natsumi

May 31 2007, 11:02 PM #12

K is too cute at Hiro cosplay, I'll have pictures of Mercury cosplay soon! Need to finish my Juuban skirt, eek...xD;.. no binding for me at least *snicker* woot 278 for spending moneys, manga here I come. >D

Taki Aizawa
Forum Lord
Taki Aizawa
Forum Lord

Jun 1 2007, 04:13 AM #13

I gotta get back into Full Metal Alchemist. I have no idea what a humonculus is.

Wow you guys are good. The only thing I know how to sew is a tote bag and even then the handles were crooked.

I suppose I will just have to settle for being God's gift to good looking bad asses everywhere.

AIZAWA.

Oh and on binding. Wow...I wore a corset for a friend's wedding because the bridesmaid dress design didn't allow for ahem...a chest, and I thought that was the end. I can't imagine binding them with ace bandages.

That's serious cosplay!

Predilection for pain.

Suguru Fujisaki
Suguru Fujisaki

Jun 7 2007, 07:24 AM #14

So yay I finally get to post something over here. Just back from three days of anime con together with Yuki addicted angel in Almelo and another few days of lying in a coma from lack of sleep.

Spend about the whole time running about through the dealer room...I GOT A GRAVI BAG!!!....ghehe that just had to be said, along with a lot of other anime things and trinkets. Spend the whole friday to saturday night on watching anime and of course not to forget Death note 1&2 :wub: love the movie.

Seen inukami, Kanon, AMV competition, cosplay competition, kendo workshop and making lots and lots of pictures of course.

Now the sad thing I don't have the pictures yet, but not to fear I do have a few links with a whole lot of pictures taken by others. ^^ I went as a gothic lolita *cheer* and there were at least two Yuki's and a Shu. The one playing Shuichi was great (or was it really you?) one of the Yuki's could well use a bit of work, the fluoresent yellow hair was a bit disturbing :P.

Ok enough useless talk here are the links:

1st one Just main menu and so on, I figure it's kind of logical.

2 nd one Love this one, a lot of great pictures.

There are many, many more but I'll keep it with these two for now, can't expect too much from someone who slept less then three hours in three days :P..

Tohma Seguchi
Tohma Seguchi

Jun 7 2007, 11:55 PM #15

Suguru you went to a convention this past weekend too?! Damn kid!

As Rage can attest to there was A-kon 18 in Dallas, Texas this past weekend. I got to see her a few times in fact. Such a cute Halloweentown Sora!!

Anyways I cosplayed as Rider, which everyone already has seen a pic of. I also cosplayed as:
Allen Walker
D.Gray-man
1st Uniform
Activated Innocence

and this last one isn't really a part of allen's costume but i like bariets and oddly enough it seemed to fit. Forgive the quality, it was taken with a camera phone in low light. ^^;