Books

Mr. K
Forum God
Mr. K
Forum God

Oct 22 2005, 01:02 AM #1

Read books anything you'd like to share?

I love books I'm a total bookworm some of my favourite authors or books are:

Judith Mcnaught
V.C Andrews
Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling
The Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan
Mac Bolan Series by Don Pendleton
Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
Anne Rice

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone..

Zellas
Forum God
Zellas
Forum God

Oct 22 2005, 01:12 AM #2

the last book that i read was the half blood prince, it was sooo freaking good, lots of hormones flying about and some yummy angst too. I'm sad that the Harry Potter series is comming to an end :( I stayed up till midnight to get my copy of the book at Tesco ^^ I started cheering when they brought out the cages witht he books and that caused everyone else to cheers too, it was so much fun.

Mr. K
Forum God
Mr. K
Forum God

Oct 22 2005, 01:21 AM #3

Aww yeah it'll be sad when they end u.u But I made sure to pre-order my book six so I got it as soon as it came out! But then I had to wait for my mom to finish it first XD darn woman reads so slow >.<

I can't wait for what is it November or December for the new movie..Squeee~!

Zellas
Forum God
Zellas
Forum God

Oct 22 2005, 01:27 AM #4

Its sometime in November it gets released, I can't wait to see it ^^ i'm not going to go opening night though, i made that mistake with the first 2 movies and i was surrounded by brats that kept talking though the whole thing and kept kicking my fucking chair >_< I waited a week before i went to see the third film and it was much better, i was surrounded by adults and teenagers who actually know how to shut up during a movie.

Also i finished my copy of book 6 the very same day it got released ^^ i stayed up after i got the book and read half of it, i then slept for a couple of hours and read the other half before i went into work, it gave me and Caroline something to talk about during what would normally be a boring shift.

Pink Plushie
Forum Lord
Pink Plushie
Forum Lord

Oct 22 2005, 11:02 AM #5

I'm a bit of a trashy romance fan, I'm afraid. I love light, funny stories that I can read easily with characters that I can relate to. I love Jilly Cooper and Jill Mansell.

I might look into those A N Rouquelare (or whatever her penname is) books that Mr K mentioned. Although I've never actually bought a specifically "erotica" novel before. Not even Black Lace! I guess I'm worried that I might be disappointed. I don't really enjoy reading S&M or fetish stories, so some authors just go that bit too far for my liking, from what synopses I've read.

My sister's got into children's fantasy novels. I have to say I haven't read Philip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" trilogy, although most of my friends have. But I read Garth Nix's "Abhorsen" trilogy, which I really enjoyed and I've read the first book of his "Keys to the Kingdom" series. To me it seems full of fresh ideas.

Read and recommend good Gravi fics

Mr. K
Forum God
Mr. K
Forum God

Oct 22 2005, 05:52 PM #6

Ohh Jilly Cooper! Riders! Such a great book ^___^ I have another one of her books but I forget the name at the moment. No no I remember it's called Score!

But hun if you don't like S&M I highly suggest you dont' read the A.N Roquelaure's The Sleeping Beauty series ^^; It's the most extreme story of Dominance/Submission and S&M that I ever read. I mean the number of toys used in this story would put the biggest Sex Shops to shame XD

Oh and I forgot another author I LOVE last night. Jean Auel she writes The Clan of the Cave Bear series..such great books!

PSDOL
Advanced Member
PSDOL
Advanced Member

Dec 8 2005, 12:48 PM #7

i read only manga's and fashion design books :angel:
<center></center>
<center></center>
<center>my forum</center>

Noriko Ukai
Noriko Ukai

Dec 14 2005, 05:53 PM #8

V.C Andrews
Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling
Anne Rice

What i read most is HP series :P DEFINETELY :P love it XD

V.C andrews XD ack... 0_o twisted twisted ><

Anne rice... well who wouldnt love interview with the vampy?

And yeah i read them chick books XD :P Meg cabot and all >< yes yes im 17 :P :) still entitled to read those books hehe ^^ Joy!

Mr. K
Forum God
Mr. K
Forum God

Dec 16 2005, 01:42 AM #9

Noriko Ukai @ Dec 14 2005, 12:53 PM wrote: V.C andrews XD ack... 0_o twisted twisted ><
Haha you think V.C Andrews is twisted?

Maybe it was all the inbreeding and mental instability, crazy grandmothers and borderline mania XD!

<.<

Actually you may have a point B)

Sin
Forum Lord
Sin
Forum Lord

Feb 8 2006, 05:02 PM #10

I actually had to build my own library in my house (my Dad helped) because I have so many books. I'm a voracious reader, online and off. But lemme just hit a few of my fav authors:
Mercedes Lackey
Laurrel K. Hamilton (though I was disappointed in the last Anita book)
Neil Gaiman *everyone* should read "Good Omens".
Orson Scott Card- hurry and read "Ender's Game" before Hollywood screws it.
J.K.R.
Ann Rice- but only the ones with Lestat.
P.N. Elrod
Joan D. Vinge
Dan Brown

The list goes on and I'm sure I've forgotten quite a few, but this'll do. For now. :P
God Saves No One

LustrousJade
Advanced Member
LustrousJade
Advanced Member

Mar 23 2006, 06:30 AM #11

My all time fave would be Scarlett, the sequel to Gone with the Wind,
I'm trying to finish this book titled Les Liaisons Dangereuses. (sp?)
Give me love.
Lots and lots of it.
<3

keriko
Forum Ruler
keriko
Forum Ruler

Mar 23 2006, 05:18 PM #12

Dangerous Liasons?! Are you reading it in French? If so I stand in awe. My sis tried to read Interview with the Vampire in French and its slow going.

I've seen the movie based on that book, Cruel Intentions. Seemed like an interesting and very complex plot. Let me know how the book turns out.

Pink Plushie
Forum Lord
Pink Plushie
Forum Lord

Mar 26 2006, 05:29 PM #13

*butts in*

There is also a direct adaptation called...wait for it...Dangerous Liaisons! It stars Glenn Close, John Malkovich, Michelle Pfeifer, Keanu Reaves and Uma Thurman. If you prefer modern teen movies, though, stick with Cruel Intentions.

Read and recommend good Gravi fics

Sleepless Beauty
Advanced Member
Sleepless Beauty
Advanced Member

Mar 26 2006, 09:40 PM #14

I looooove Stephen King. Oh geesh, am I the only one here? Well, I guess he's pratically the only author I read. There's other books I like, The Picture of Dorian Gray, The Catcher in the Rye and some Poe stuff and Bradbury.
Of course, that's only because I can't read the novels the hottest author writes... Yuki is always writing, but the only title I've seen mentioned is "Cool".
sotto dakishimete zutto tsukamaete motto kokoro made kowasu you ni

LustrousJade
Advanced Member
LustrousJade
Advanced Member

Mar 27 2006, 03:17 PM #15

French?! I can only wish. I have a paperback copy..I originally bought it cause the cover was really attractive and found out later that it was an It book, if you know what I mean. Anyway, the story's despicable..a little to simillar with the Cruel Intentions movie. Playing with human emotions and all that jazz.

When was the Dangerous Liaisons movie released? I want to watch it!
:eatspopcorn:
Give me love.
Lots and lots of it.
<3