Tune Out Negative Messages!

April 2nd, 2007, 5:18 am #1

Tune Out Negative Messages!

Learning to recognize when you are negatively judging your body and when you are accepting and nurturing it is a mandate for all dieters. The more you practice self acceptance the more comfortable it will feel. The more comfortable you are with sending your self positive messages, the more success you will have in your diet. Don't criticize your body or your past attempts. There will always be those that line up ahead of you to do just that. Establish a positive affirmation for the day, and an accompanying Scripture. "Chew" on that, rather than negative failure. A daily word for your "healthy diet" to eradicate negative "feedings" can be found here:
http://www.our.homewithgod.com/gracetoday/

Have a blessed day!

www.gracetoday.com

Deleted User
Deleted User

April 3rd, 2007, 6:19 am #2

Thanks.Ive been reading these daily scriptures.

April 3rd, 2007, 6:27 am #3

Good for you, Nancy! Last year I realized how many negative thoughts I have had my entire life---about me. I was believing lies. Stupid, lazy, ugly, the list goes on and on how I treated myself. I would never dream of thinking that let alone re-enforcing that to someone else. What in the world was wrong with me. I began taking captive every ugly thought I had about myself, and turning to Christ. He set me free from negativity. He saw the need all along, even when I hadn't.
Practice, and you'll see a big change in your life, and in your relationship with God. :bless:

Deleted User
Deleted User

April 3rd, 2007, 6:33 am #4

Werent you putting money in a jar ?before I left the site.

April 3rd, 2007, 6:38 am #5

Yes! That is what did it for me, and why I went n to build that new site.
And I am free of name-calling and believing labels about me that are not true. practice and pray, Nancy, until you know how beloved you are and that Jesus has never, ever called you a nasty name. Why should you?

Deleted User
Deleted User

April 3rd, 2007, 6:46 am #6

yes Im hearing that,I need to get it to the heart though too.Sorry Im not well tonight.

April 3rd, 2007, 7:18 am #7

It takes a great deal of time and courage, Nancy. I am in prayer for you. You might know that I suffered with mental illness also, diagnosed in 1981. It is difficult indeed, when such stigma is placed upon you.

Is it still the same losy ailment you have had for weeks already?

J.I.L.
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member
J.I.L.
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member

April 3rd, 2007, 7:59 pm #8

I know you had a good convo going here didnt want to interrupt just read this and wanted to comment this is very good

This is an area that the Lord has been dealing with me in. I have been so used to being so negative about myself. Dave actually pointed out to me in the EEE challange recently not to refer to me or my unwise choices at times as being stupid. I have been my own worse enemy at times. Iam learning more of who Iam in Christ and how he sees me and whether I feel like it or not that is who Iam. Iam doing what you suggested to Nancy Editor according to 2 Cor 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. I have to do it ALOT lol but Iam quicker now at recognizing the thoughts and speaking the word over them. Thats why Ariella's challange sounded so good Speak the Truth how wonderful to learn together how to learn to speak who we are in Christ over ourselves.. sounds like a :vic: challenge to me. :) :rah:
Nancy I will be praying for you also, I know my birthmom was diagnosed with mental illness also and she is very hurt by how some have treated her.
Blessings to both of you :hug:

April 3rd, 2007, 8:05 pm #9

Glad you opened up, Connie. Some of us have known no other way since childhood, and never realized there is a remedy and a desire from Christ to be free based on the Scipture you provided.

Read this from the MSG Bible version, and leap with joy! Mat 4:24 Word got around the entire Roman province of Syria. People brought anybody with an ailment, whether mental, emotional, or physical. Jesus healed them, one and all.

J.I.L.
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member
J.I.L.
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member

April 3rd, 2007, 8:31 pm #10

Editor I'm loven that translation :hal: :re: